What's new

Tytris

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a Tekken 4 disc and dongle from ebay, anyway i cleaned the dongle and when I power it up I get First time load on screen and then a grey screen. Any suggestions ?

Your running it on a 246? As Tekken 4 does not work on a 256.

Ok, good :)
5V is also OK?

Tekken 4 is also very picky when it comes to the DVD drive in the unit

Yes 5v is reading fine.

Dvd-Rom I am not 100% sure

plug some earphones to your 246 and tell us what you hear after powering up. Do you hear 7-8 ding ding ding
or do you hear 3 ding and many *bang*bang* ?

The dongle is working if he gets "First time load".

Do you have the I/O connected properly also?

I remember this game is very picky about CD Drive used...

ok power is set, dongle is set dont have the rca - 3.5mm right now to hookup audio and no jack on the drive..... I have a couple of spare drives may try swapping out and see what results i get...

also with the subject of 246 whats the best way to hookup a kick harness, i've heard cps2 etc.. etc...

tekken 4 is very picky about a clean disc. I had mine professionally resurfaced for it to work.

You can, however, use a capcom IO if you can power the 246 using a JVS adapter or whatever.

also with the subject of 246 whats the best way to hookup a kick harness, i've heard cps2 etc.. etc...
I use a Sega JVS to Jamma I/O on 246 when I have to wire up buttons. All buttons for Tekken games are actually right on the Jamma Harness no kick harness needed. Buttons 1 and 2 are Punches, Button 3 is reserved for Tag (Used in TTT (system 12) and TTT2U (system 369)) and buttons 4 and 5 are kicks. If you harness does not have 5 buttons hooked up you might need to add wires (my jamma harness has only 4 buttons wired).

Just reiterating what others have already said, try a different CD drive.

I ordered an SD-616 samsung drive hope that solves it.

Ok mild update, ordered a Samsung 616 got Tekken and also SC3 to fire up (also changed my harness due to having a cheap Chinese one) running video from a converter and now the screen progressively washes out until its a solid grey black ....... (also getting a blinking green warning LED) and this wash out occurs on tekken 4 or sc3 CPS2 boards dont have a wash issue

Back