What's new
Understood!
Could a possibility be to just tap start on that character, and the sprites and info for the new character take the old ones place?

Also:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/583597-marvel-super-heroes-vs-street-fighter/cheats
Only one character is on dhalsim...so hopefully that makes it easier.

Maybe this info helps some.
Thank you sincerely for looking into it!
Yeah start is a possibility. Since there are six hidden characters, I'm thinking the most elegant way to do this is to tap up from each of the top three characters on the grid, or down from the bottom three characters.

Is it possible to do this for Japan region?
Yup, here are xdeltas for Japan region (apply against mvscjdl.zip from Avalaunch website).

I just briefly tested this on MAME, but they are exactly the same patches as for US region so it should work OK on real hardware.

Please give it a try and let me know your results.

Attachments

• mvscjdl-allchars-xdeltas.zip
    498 bytes · Views: 515
Aww yeah!! Damn I'm not going to be able to test until next week, but I will for sure. Thanks for working on this!

I don't think it's a big deal if there are no dedicated character slots for the secret characters. In it's own way, this isn't too far off from how to select classic character versions in Alpha 2. Anyway, it would be sick if this was made available for Marvel vs SF. Any way this could get implemented would be awesome.

I don't think it's a big deal if there are no dedicated character slots for the secret characters. In it's own way, this isn't too far off from how to select classic character versions in Alpha 2. Anyway, it would be sick if this was made available for Marvel vs SF. Any way this could get implemented would be awesome.
It will be available soon, secret characters will be selected by hitting start on existing characters. I have this working for p1 first character, just need to implement p1 second character and p2 first/second.

Yup, here are xdeltas for Japan region (apply against mvscjdl.zip from Avalaunch website).
I just briefly tested this on MAME, but they are exactly the same patches as for US region so it should work OK on real hardware.

Awesome work man. I will test this out tonight :)

Yup, here are xdeltas for Japan region (apply against mvscjdl.zip from Avalaunch website).I just briefly tested this on MAME, but they are exactly the same patches as for US region so it should work OK on real hardware.

Awesome work man. I will test this out tonight :)
Thanks! Sounds good. 8)

Here is the new hack for secret characters on Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter:

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter Secret Characters Hack

So I patched the roms and burned them. Everything boots fine until I get to the character select screen. The game freezes, but music continues to play

So I patched the roms and burned them. Everything boots fine until I get to the character select screen. The game freezes, but music continues to play
Strange, you used mvscjdl.zip from Avalaunch right?

I'll give it a try on original hardware tomorrow morning.

Edit: I tried the posted JP patches on my cps2 multi just now, worked fine. Shoot me a pm if you need some help.

Last edited:
Yes that's the version I used to patch. unless i didn't patch it right?

Yes that's the version I used to patch. unless i didn't patch it right?
Sounds like something went wrong, shoot me a pm and we'll troubleshoot it.

Edit: We got @randombling sorted out via PM. To anyone that has a similar issue, if you are switching from version 980112 to 980123 (the hack uses this version, same as the Avalaunch set) make sure to burn the '05' and '06' ROMs for your board in addition to the '03' and '04' ROMs.

Last edited:
Anything I need to do extra or just patch mvcudm.03d and mvcudm.04d like usual?

Also no way to keep the characters unlocked on vanilla boards? I did beat orange hulk before but no unlock. I know on dreamcast you could.

Anything I need to do extra or just patch mvcudm.03d and mvcudm.04d like usual?
If you are running the Avalaunch 980123 set, then that's all you need to do.

If you're running a different decrypted set like one from Razoola with his stuff added, then you would need to swap over to the Avalaunch set and do the above.

Also no way to keep the characters unlocked on vanilla boards? I did beat orange hulk before but no unlock. I know on dreamcast you could.
Not as far as I know

I took a look at the code and the byte in ram that unlocks all characters is cleared when you start a new game. So it's not posible to keep the characters unlocked.

But I did discovered a flag that the programmer use to test the character unlock function with. So what you can do is to patch one byte (This works for all versions and regions, both encrypted and decrypted) to unlock all characters in the game permanently.

To enable this change offset: $C9 from $00 to $01 in rom mvc*.03*

mvsc.png

I took a look at the code and the byte in ram that unlocks all characters is cleared when you start a new game. So it's not posible to keep the characters unlocked.

But I did discovered a flag that the programmer use to test the character unlock function with. So what you can do is to patch one byte (This works for all versions and regions, both encrypted and decrypted) to unlock all characters in the game permanently.

To enable this change offset: $C9 from $00 to $01 in rom mvc*.03*

mvsc.png
Am I reading this correctly? Patch ONE byte in mvc.03 to unlock all the characters, in all versions of the game?

Am I reading this correctly? Patch ONE byte in mvc.03 to unlock all the characters, in all versions of the game?
Yes, thats correct, you need only change one byte. Depending of the version and region the "03" ("maincpu") rom will be different. If you test in Mame you can have a look at the Driver Source to find out the specific file for the version/region you want to test.

For example, Europe uses mvce.03*, USA, mvcu.03*, Japan mvcj.03*. and Phoenix Edition (USA) mvcud.03*

Last edited:
Back