What's new

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
Do you believe?

:D

Picked up a cheap set of upright Crazy Taxi gas and brake pedals.

Looks like they were submerged in water at some point, full of dirt and hair and rust.

They sure look pretty now! And both pots have a nice smooth turn and read out just fine.

So I'm super happy at this point.

The Before

CrazyTaxiPedalsBefore.jpg

The After

CrazyTaxiPedalsAfter.jpg

can you tell us what you did looks like you replaced a few parts also

can you tell us what you did looks like you replaced a few parts also
I will take that as a compliment, as everything is original. :D I did have to replace one nut that was missing though.

First thing I did was hose them down really good and spray them with Scrubbing Bubbles, because those things were nasty!

I let that soak for half an hour and hosed them down again.

Let them dry and removed any left over gunk with a brush.

Then I disassembled them completely and soaked everything overnight in CLR cleaner.

That stuff is great!

Then I scrapped as much rust away from them as I could and finally I painted them with a Rustoleum hammered metallic for the base and a Rustoleum silver metallic for the pedals. I did of course add the grip tape.

I am super happy with them.

:D

Last edited:
the gear work looked like solid black to ivory white. is what i was keen on. good work.

the gear work looked like solid black to ivory white. is what i was keen on. good work.
The gear had grease on it that was solid black. It was nasty as well. The CLR took care of that. And a cloth of course.

All of the parts are in great shape, they were just really really dirty.

Those pedals look amazing! I'm working on a Crazy Taxi cab as well, I just got all the lights working on mine. I'm going top to bottom. I'll be working on the steering and shifting mechanism next.

Good job.

Attachments

• IMG_4240.JPG
    IMG_4240.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 299
Back