What's new
Guys, if the chassis's fuse was in place, then the bleeder circuit is active, and there should not be any electricity left in the tube itself.
the only monitors I've ever even seen with any charge left in them after powered off for a few minutes were old 15K 19" monitors in stuff like Ms PAC. a D9200 will discharge itself automatically.
Someone told me the Nanao MS2930/MS2931 monitors auto discharge as well, but I'm not sure if there's any truth to that.

It would explain why I've never heard the loud 'pop' when discharging them manually though.

I'm not sure if there's any truth to that.
Why? Just read the service manual it's well documented functionality. I've yet to find a monitor made since the early 90s that don't have that.

I'm not sure if there's any truth to that.
Why? Just read the service manual it's well documented functionality. I've yet to find a monitor made since the early 90s that don't have that.
I checked back through the MS2931 service manual and didn't see any mention of it. Also it specifically says to manually discharge.

They all say to manually discharge, and you should always manually discharge because there are things that can go wrong that can prevent the automatic discharge from working properly.

I would love to have the Chassis for the D9200.
find a local friend (offer him/her beers or something) in my area that can pick up the monitor for you and take out the chassis.. If I knew how, I would gladly do it for you and ship it to you.

correct for the most part. I have been zapped on a Sanwa 29es31 that a tech pulled the annode cup on, but didn't fully discharge....got my arm over the hole while pulling it, and made my hand tingle for a good 20 minutes...so all tubes can hold on to a zap, if they are not discharged fully. ( That's why I said 30 seconds, and do it twice. )

G07's (19")are very bad about that though, as if the fuse is blown, the bleeder circuit wont drain, and there is a very large capacitor that will provide enough jolt to scorch a screwdriver(or your hands) if you short it....and it will hold on to that charge for days if not weeks.

Yeah I've gotten the shock from the G07 chassis capacitor several times.

Sucks every time too, eh? :D
Most of us that have been in long enough, know what silly mistakes are...and we try real hard to not make em...but every once in a while, bam...and well..you know the rest.

:(

i necked a perfectly fine 19" reaching in to adjust trimmers on the board.. Was using a mirror to see the picture as i fiddled while it was running thru' attract mode on whatever it was, you know, reaching behind and in, while trying to get a good view from the restricted space/angle.. I caught my sleeve on something, got a fright, as i was hyper aware, as You do when performing these moves, in the fright pulled my arm out of the enclosure in a hurry, yanking the neck board away to a fantastic cracking sound, that awesome hissing noise, and a FINE smell of static and plasma that i will always treasure.

was a mad obscure EU chassis, so it all went in the trash..

Ah was bound to happen sooner or later..

Back