What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Is it possible to play any of the GunSlinger Stratos games in a home setup and if so what do I need?

I realize the gun controllers are pretty unique ('m sure I can figure it out), I'm more interested in the software portion. has it been dumped/cracked? and does it need any special Type X hardware to run?

I got a chance to play this game finally at a Round 1 last week and was really impressed I'd love to get it working on my gun setup once it's ready.

Last edited:
I thought I saw a setup for sale once on Yahoo Auctions Japan. It seemed to be Type X3 based, but my memory is a bit fuzzy.

From what I've read the first game in the series is on Type X2 and all subsequent releases on are on Type X3

I don't care which version I have. My main concern is if it can run without access to a server somewhere and without expensive/hard to find card readers, or other specialized hardware.

ideally I'd like a version that I can run on a normal windows PC but I'd be ok seeking out some dedicated X3 hardware if it will actually run on it's own.

I didn't know the first one was on X2, good info. Only played the long tutorial on the 2nd one, but definitely a unique and cool game.

I've since learned that it's not, unfortunately.
actually it was first released on TTX2 the same version set was also later released on TTX3 and the original discontinued.
Who ever said it wasn't please shoot me a PM more than happy to share my proof with you.

as for hardware requirements it uses a fastio to interface with 2 lights guns with controllers on them.

It will be a very hard game to get running at home without an original cab or at least the parts out of it.
emulating the controls on PC is possible but not sure on feasibility due to its uniqueness of controls.
maybe rigging up 2 wii motes or something similar "might" be a feasible setup.

As for a public dump no there isnt one. but it has been dumped privately like almost every game has been.

My main concern is if it can run without access to a server somewhere and without expensive/hard to find card readers, or other specialized hardware.
the server access can possible be bypassed if it isnt a full on MP game. it will more than likely use a card reader which i might have a cost effective solution soon that will aid with this and any other game without having to change anything on the HDD.

It would be a cool game to own, never seen the cab for sale though.

For once, I am happy we dont have easy access to get these types of cabs cause I would be buying way too many of them.

Back