What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Revision 4 without Bottom Wire.

I bought and installed a Pal G. But I installed it on pin 7. After reading the manual again i think i have to soldire pin 9.

I get really strange sound and fighters sometimes loos sync of image.

Is that wrong wire the reason?

it came with a wire and you added a second one? That could be the source to many problems. Also if you connected the wrong pin, I think it doesnt necessarily mean that the PAL is fried *but* could be.

Post some pics so we know where you are.

No!

Its a clean rev 4 without a wire at the bottom.

The manual showes a wire to the pal on pin 7.

But I bought a Pal G and after reading the manual again i think i need to wire it to pin 9 and not 7.

Is that causing my problem?

Will moving the wire feom 7 to 9 fix my problem or is my pal now broken at all?

Ok so I will unsoldire the wire from pin 7 of the pal g. I ll bend the pin 7 back down. I ll bend pin 9 and soldire the wire to it?

most probably yes, it will fix them and you can't break anything for wiring pin 9.

It should unless you have an issue somewhere else on your b-board.

Sound is soeking now!

But sync is totally lost. Its not really sync judt ryu looks fine, but when spirates appear everything gets chaos!!!

Where csn i look next?

Do you have another B board to try?

No, but just test it on the BVM snd it works perfect there ... can it be s problem of the framemeister or the jrok inside my supergun?

If you are loosing full sync of your image then I would look at those things rather than the pcb.

When i hat pin 7 wired to the cable sync was not perfect and sound was terrible. now i have pin 9. sound is perfect and sync is totally lost on the framemeister ... unpluging the wire kills the sound now ...

the multi has no influence on the sync. Try something else. Framemeister is #1 candidate imho.

Ha, its working!!!

I was playing neo geo sync fixing the pal wire. Neo geo needs different voltage setting and so i only had 4.7V. I replaced the supergun and could not see the voltage display.

While making a video to show you the sync suddenly got a little better. i guess everything was heating up.

i turned up the voltage to 5v and now wveryting is perfect :)

i broke one pin of the adapter board. but still everything is good. i ll fix it next week

I think I am missing the intro sound.

AVP on YouTube:
There is some tune when the qsound logo is shown
there is some music during the intro movie

AVP on my tv:
silent durent qsound and capcom logo
no music while the consol is shown

there is however music during gameplay

also other games dont have sound during qsound logo

Are you measuring voltage at the PSU or on the jamma edge? 5V at the PSU side can still be a little low for the CPS2 kit. On mine, I have to dial in about 5.2V at the PSU to get 5V on the jamma side. Use a multimeter to test. It will depend on your wire gauge and length.

Reactions: nio
Haha, please dont kill me!!!

Demo Sound was turned off in the confige!!!

Everything seems to wok 100% now. :)

Thanks for helping and all your patience!

Back