What's new
I was testing this with the I/O in a Vewlix cabinet. I'll try again using the Sega Type 3 I/O I have in my Transformers cabinet.

The link to the old picture of the network setting for Virtua Fighter 5 FS isn't working anymore. Lucky I saved it before Photo bucket high jacked it. Here it is again for anyone else in the future who needs it.

Attachments

• vf5-FS network settings.jpg
    vf5-FS network settings.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 347
I think Cruzlink had a problem with his, and I think his solution was to refit the dongle without the cap. I'll try to see if I can get him to chime in on this.

I am running into this same issue now. I am using a noami 2 jvs to jamma and how do I enter the network settings? I assume I need a type 3 sega jvs?

Also Error 15 means I have a bad PIC? The PIC I have is brand new.

I am running into this same issue now. I am using a noami 2 jvs to jamma and how do I enter the network settings? I assume I need a type 3 sega jvs?
Type 1 IO also should satisfy it I believe

Also Error 15 means I have a bad PIC? The PIC I have is brand new.
PICs are notoriously picky to program. I'd be most suspect there.

Type 1 IO also should satisfy it I believe

PICs are notoriously picky to program. I'd be most suspect there.
I only have 2 PIC's to test here which I bought new. There are 2 .bin files I burned onto these chips and got the same result. I couldn't have had some bad luck and got 2 bad PIC's right?

So the 2 PIC's I am using is giving me error 15 across the board here. Why so many obstacles, lol

It's most likely not the chips but programmer settings and file parsing. PICs can be reprogrammed so trial and error may be needed but at least you don't have to UV erase anything.

PICs are microcontrollers, so unlike EPROMs which just contain data, they are quite... PICky. (Sorry).

It's most likely not the chips but programmer settings and file parsing. PICs can be reprogrammed so trial and error may be needed but at least you don't have to UV erase anything.
So try to rewrite a few times?

Change settings, try new bin files, compile from source if you can find it... that kinda thing
All I am doing is having the .bin on my desktop, loading it and burning it with default settings, I am not skilled in value reading or changing if that is what you mean?

The burning settings definitely need to be exactly right. As I mentioned above (edited in), PICs are microcontroller ICs. They perform specific programmatic functions in circuit, not just storing data the system uses for ROM.

It took me a lot of trial and error to program my 1st PIC, but the satisfaction is worth it.

The burning settings definitely need to be exactly right. As I mentioned above (edited in), PICs are microcontroller ICs. They perform specific programmatic functions in circuit, not just storing data the system uses for ROM.

It took me a lot of trial and error to program my 1st PIC, but the satisfaction is worth it.
You're right because I might have figured it out. Now I am entering JVS menus after but I don't think I can control it with my Naomi 2 JVS

Some pics don't work properly unless protected also so maybe try that too.

I may have solved the PIC issue but the issue now I have is when I choose a game, it goes straight to its service menu and I cannot do anything from there. So I assume that is because I don't have the proper JVS?

I may have solved the PIC issue but the issue now I have is when I choose a game, it goes straight to its service menu and I cannot do anything from there. So I assume that is because I don't have the proper JVS?
Make sure the IO is appropriately powered, but regardless of that, there are 2 buttons on the motherboard above the PIC slot. Using these you should be able to navigate test menus etc. You can probably fumble thru the menus to find JVS IO info/tests for your IO to see if it's even being seen.

Back