What's new

Asure

Grand Master
Reaction score
This one needs testing. I have no spare rom board. Anybody with a dead Arabian Fight boardset?

Replace epr-14609.ic8 with the attached rom, and you should be able to play w/o the FD1149.

- Wakeup check patched to ROM 0x10011B instead of shared ram
- Reads from shared ram intact (0xa00000 area)
- Compare action changed to compare R0 with R0 instead of R0 with R1. Lol. (as R0 holds the value we want lol..)

JAPAN: EPR-14597 ()
USA: EPR-14608 ()
EXPORT: EPR-14609 ()

Edit: All regions done now.

Attachments

• epr-14609_ic8.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 436
  • epr-14597_ic8.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 443
  • epr-14608_ic8.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
Sorry the dumb question, i have here a spare "Spiderman the videogame" board, can i convert it to a Arabian Fight game ?

[]'Macck

EDIT:
I thought it was only necessary change jumpers and eproms in the rom board, something totally reversible.

You hurt my feelings :(

Last edited:
Nein. You don't convert a Spiderman.

Noob posts like that make me want to never release this stuff for any other romboard.

Besides, this is released for resurrection of dead boards.

I tested EPR-14608 on my Arabian Fight board (originally Japanese) and it worked flawlessly.
Curious note though: It was said it would allow it to be play without the FD1049 (Assuming above 1149 was misspelled) however I don't see it anywhere in the System32 board. Could it be that this was confused from other System boards that use it?
Anyway, I hope that helps. I could test the other two ROMs but only if someone asks for it. Not looking forward to erasing EPROMs if I don't need to. 😅

Should be a block on your rom board. Post a pic of the romboard, and we can point it out :)

Should be a block on your rom board. Post a pic of the romboard, and we can point it out :)
Sure, there it is, with your ROM already installed.

Attachments

• IMG_9270.jpg
    IMG_9270.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9271.jpg
    IMG_9271.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 108
The sub pcb 834-8529-01 is the security device. When i made these patches i assumed there was a FD block on them, but i guess i was wrong, it's an encrypted V30 cpu.
We can confirm however, your security cpu/card is broken, the patch from me just bypassed it. Game should work with this board removed.. You can test it if you want.
It's a little computer on a card with shared ram area into the main ram of the system32. It can write and read into shared ram and acts like an oracle that provides responses to things.
For example the game can write SEGA into the shared ram and then the security cpu sees that, and writes back AGES. If the main cpu sees this response, it will confirm being 'original' and the game plays. (My patches just check if answer=answer and voila, this is always true, and the game works. They also didn't booby trap the code or checksum or whatever.)

For FD1149 you can see for example on F1 super lap, there's a little black box plugged into the slot where the daughter board goes, this is basically a compact version of that board inside a black box + battery. Sega 'perfected' the battery security later on. But it's so super badly implemented that i'm surprised there were no bootlegs of these pcbs. anybody looking at the code can just see what they are doing / waiting for which reply and so on, which was how the security was implemented in emulators so easy.

Anyway, good to see someone actually needed this, and that it works! Enjoy!

But it's so super badly implemented that i'm surprised there were no bootlegs of these pcbs.
Bootleggers must have had a hard time reversing the many custom chips. CPS2 falls in the same category IMO.

My board still works, but I’ll be happy to test when it dies if you like.

Thank you for doing this!

Back