What's new
I am waiting for a few more parts. Trying to make it adaptable for other monitors like you asked.

I hope to have some pictures to show everyone here later today.

This is what I came up with. Should work great.

1zdable.jpg

xoiqeo.jpg

2ueh6he.jpg

2le1l3o.jpg

10icai0.jpg

2u62y4o.jpg

42q0x.jpg

I can make these for others if they would like one. It is quite a bit of work but I could do it for $100 each. A bit pricey I think but it is a custom build and the transformer is $30 by itself so it's not a lot of profit there after parts.

Holly staff..that looks great.. Thank you! How about the VGA cable that goes from arcade monitor to PC (arcadevga or Groovymame video card compatible) Do you have that as well? Dommmmo arigato:)

Holly staff..that looks great.. Thank you! How about the VGA cable that goes from arcade monitor to PC (arcadevga or Groovymame video card compatible) Do you have that as well? Dommmmo arigato:)
Like for the vga adapter you linked to in the first thread?

Are you trying to convert a VGA cable to work on the K7000 monitor?

Mitsu,
The adapter from eBay does not have the cable that connects it to the monitor. But what I am looking for is a device or adapter that I can connect to any old 15khz arcade monitor not just the one I have and into the arcadevga or Groovymame comparable video card.. Any ideas? Old 15khz arcade monitors are easy to find and cheap so The power supply that you created and the cable or device that I am referring to would be a very cool solution.

I honestly don't know what arcadevga or groovymame is but if you show me the connector I can make a harness. I have the monitor vga connectors here already.

Could you show me a picture of the monitor VGA connector.. Basically if the VGA connector connects to the arcade monitor then we are good and all I need is a 15pin VGA cable. An arcadevga is a PC video card and Groovymame is a Mame special build emulator.. The ArcadeVGA has a normal 15pin since it is a PC video card s. This setup is good for people that do not have the space for a cab(s) so you use a PC, your power cable, a 15khz arcade monitor, the VGA adapter

I'm a bit confused. You showed the monitor video connector in one of the early pictures. Just show me what you want to connect to it and I can make a harness that plugs into your monitor.

Sorry for the confusion... lets see if this clears things up a bit:)

I would like to connect an ArcadeVGA video card to the arcade monitor using the arcadeVGA VGA connector..
https://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html

Not sure if you are familiar with Multisync arcade monitor but a Multisysnc arcade monitors power cable connects directly to the wall like a TV and they have a VGA input where a computer can be connected to the ArcadeVGA. So we are trying to recreate the functionality of the multisysnc monitors.

"The Ultimate PCIe Video card for gaming on 15Khz Arcade Monitors and PC Monitors
Vista/Windows 7 and Windows 8 32 and 64 bit drivers included. Also XP 32 and 64 bit.
RUN CLASSIC GAMES IN THEIR NATIVE RESOLUTIONS!"

From the eBay auction, I am very sure that the adapter on the picture will work but the eBay adapter does not have the CGA cable that it is showing with yellow, white, black, blue, green, red that goes to the monitor and to the ebay adapter; I do not have that cable. in summary.. if you can provide the CGA cable, then I can buy the eBay adapter.. or if you have another solution that would work that will be great as well. The eBay CGA to VGA adapter has a built in bust signal that is require for the PC to show a good picture on the arcade monitor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CGA-to-...387637?hash=item3391428435:g:HGEAAOxy63FS6d3v

The link bellow is a multisisync monitor but I do not like the picture on those.. The Wells Garner 9200,9400 and 9800 picture is fantastic but they are hard to find.. I have a 9800 and a 9200.. I paid quite a bit for them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-25-24-8...401420?hash=item1c4cbae68c:g:uuwAAOSwpDdVZzwE

Attachments

• ArcadeVGA_top.jpg
    ArcadeVGA_top.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 257
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 252
Ok. I see now. Give me a few days. This is still going to connect to a k7000 right?

I would like it to connect to any standard 15khz arcade monitor.. is that possible? What I am thinking is the future.. I do not want to hunt down a multisync monitor and pay a high price once my monitors died or something.. I want to be able to use the power adapter that you created and the VGA cable/adapter with any 15khz arcade monitor.. is that possible or am I completely off my rockets?:)

Well the RGB/Video connector varies between manufacturers and sometimes generations so you would need power adapters and video adapters whenever you switch monitors. You mentioned you had several WG monitors. They should all have the same video connector as you showed in the early picture. I can make that one now. If you switch to a Polo, etc. you will need adapters for them to work. I would just cross that bridge as you need to. The early monitors were pretty standard as far as the video connector. Fr example the Electrohome G07 (awesome monitor if you can find one and rebuild it) uses the same video standard but you would need to split the connector as it's two connectors rather than one straight connector. RGB is on one connector and video ground and sync are on the other. If you buy an old game that haas an Electrohome and the video connector looks like it was snalled in half and plugged in then you can be sure someone replaced a WG monitor with the Electrohome.

i see.. I understand and since I do not know which monitor I will be using in the future just bill me for what you have done and the shipping. we can revisit this in the future when one of my WD 9200 or 9800 dies. I was actually planning on using the k7 monitor as verticall but then I found the 9200 which is what I am using:)

In another note.. Do you have a power cable to power up the CF card reader from a Naomi board. My understanding is that the Naomi system has enough power on the right hand side where a power cable can be connected there and then to the CF reader to load the games from the CF cards.

I just whipped this up (5:30AM--need sleep). This should work good for that K7000 and most if not all other WG monitors if you use that VGA adapter you posted the ebay link to:

2jdgq3l.jpg

5:30am..I hope that you were doing some serious partying:) the cable Looks great...thank you! How about the Naomi power cable to the CF? Is that possible? Thanks

Back