What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a WD 25K7193 that I want to use with a MAME setup and an ArcadeVGA or GoovyMAME and compatible video card.

I need a custum power cable that plus into the wall - The power cable on the montior has two wire black and white. I have been looking for a cable that can just plugin into the wall like the WD9800 does.

the second thing that I am looking for a something that makes it into a plugin VGA and a cable to connect it. Bellow are is a link of what I think I need but I do not see the cable that goes from the monitor into the VGA device.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CGA-to-...r-Converter-/221480387637?hash=item3391428435

If anyone knows anyone that can make a power cable for the monitor and the cable to connect from monitor to the ebay device converter please let me know.

thanks
SNK-NEO-GEO

Attachments

• image1-8.JPG
    image1-8.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 494
  • image2-8.JPG
    image2-8.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 454
First of all the K7000 series of monitors requires an isolation transformer. If you plug it directly into the wall without isolation then you will have a ton of smoke, possibly a brief flame, and definitely a damaged monitor.

As for the RGB connector, an adapter would be pretty simple to make. Especially if you have the standard RGB connector that the K7000 and 90% of older monitors use.

Yes that transformer will work. You could just go buy a replacement heavy duty power cord and wire to the transformer inputs. Make sure your cable has the three wires, white, black and green in it. You will need to be careful because the terminal are exposed and live so if you touch the terminals where you solder the 120V it will be bad. You can make it safer by putting it into a project enclosure of some type. It will look like a giant laptop power cable. Then you connect the wires to the outputs and then crimp them into a connector that matches your monitor's power connector. I don't have that part number off my head. Someone on ebay used to sell them. Maybe they still do.

The power supply in the arcade game does not power the monitor so no, that won't work. CRT monitors take in 120v. Newer models did not need an isolation transformer as the isolation is done on the chassis. It's still 120v coming out of the transformer but it is a stable isolated voltage.

Thank you for the reply Mitsu. I definitely will need an enclosure to make it safe and professionally done since I do not want to zap myself:) along with the RGB cable.

Can you show me some closer pictures of the monitor power connector? I want to order the right part.

Sorry for the late reply

Attachments

• power5.jpg
    power5.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 367
  • power4.jpg
    power4.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 381
  • power3.jpg
    power3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 370
  • power2.jpg
    power2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 371
  • power1.jpg
    power1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 406
its just a 2-pin molex. common stuff
Yes but some monitors had different versions. WG even switched to 3-pin at one point and added a ground wire to it. Just wanted to make sure I ordered the right ones. They are on the way now.

I've had both styles of Wells Gardner monitor chassis power connector... The 3 pin that includes ground, and the two pin style (pictured above).

Worth mentioning, the 3 pin worked with normal wall A/C directly (still working today many years later) no problems.
The 2 pin wanted/needed an isolation transformer (hot chassis?) and in fact died a few days after removing it (I believe this was the cause).

Someone with more experience can maybe go into greater detail, I am only recommending caution with the two pin style and direct A/C power.

I've had both styles of Wells Gardner monitor chassis power connector... The 3 pin that includes ground, and the two pin style (pictured above).

Worth mentioning, the 3 pin worked with normal wall A/C directly (still working today many years later) no problems.
The 2 pin wanted/needed an isolation transformer (hot chassis?) and in fact died a few days after removing it (I believe this was the cause).

Someone with more experience can maybe go into greater detail, I am only recommending caution with the two pin style and direct A/C power.
The later models used three pin and did not require isolation but three pins does not necessarily directly correlate to no isolation needed.

thanks.. I just sent you something... Also, for those Mitsu tokens that you put with the multi carts... where can I get like 50 of them.. and how much do they cost?.. those tokens work on the egret 2 as 100 Yen slot:)

They are .900 tokens. You can buy generic ones from several places.

cool.. thank you!..

on the transformer power staff enclosure for safety.. is there a way to make the transformer power thing work with the monitor that I have with the two "pin" wires and the 3 "pin" wires monitors that was mentioned? kind of future prof just incase that this monitor dies on me and I need to get another one..

"Then you connect the wires to the outputs and then crimp them into a connector that matches your monitor's power connector"

cool.. thank you!..

on the transformer power staff enclosure for safety.. is there a way to make the transformer power thing work with the monitor that I have with the two "pin" wires and the 3 "pin" wires monitors that was mentioned? kind of future prof just incase that this monitor dies on me and I need to get another one..

"Then you connect the wires to the outputs and then crimp them into a connector that matches your monitor's power connector"
I'll see what I can do.

Back