What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello.. Thanks for reading in advance:)
Was performing the fans mod, CPU, power supply.. After I put everything back together, the Taito type x2 system does not power on.. I can see the red light on the mother board meaning that the mother board is getting power.. I took everything apart and checked every and all seems to be in order, put everything back and again does not turn on..

Questions- what troubleshooting process can I take?

If the power supply has gone bad, is there an off the market power supply and case that I can used to transfer the main board and components and used a different power supply?

Do the fans on the power supply turn on? If so, then the power supply is at least alive and I would go to the next step.

Does the new CPU fan turn on? If not, I would double check that the CPU fan is connected correctly, as this would keep the X2 from turning on.

As for a replacement power supply, the X2 uses a 1U power supply, similar to this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELTA-DPS-400YB-3-B-MYHRW-400W-DELL-CLOUD-POWER-SUPPLY-/271841834708

I can't say that the one I linked above is a drop-in replacement, but it has the same 2x40mm fan and AC connection as the X2 original.

Thanks for the feedback.. The fans do not turn on, on the power supply, nor on the CPU.. It's like dead..

I would double check those fan connections, those psu and the cabling is very tight fit.

Test the power supply separately. Remove the power supply and and jumper the green wire, which is the remote turn on, with one of the ground pins (black) with a small piece of wire. I can't remember if the X2 power supply is 24 pin ATX or not, sorry.

Once the power supply is on, using a multimeter, start probing. Here's a page I found:
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

I personally modified 2 different X2 power supplies without issue. Sorry I can't be more helpful, it's been years since I did this and am having trouble recalling the insides of the power supply.

Good luck!

Have a look at the cables running from the jvs board the the motherboard. The board also control the power state off the ttx.

You can easily test the ttx with an off the shelf psu. It wont fit it in the case but it will atleast tell you if its the psu or something else.

Corey - is there a case and a power supply that the system can be moved to? If so could you link me to them..

I do have two Taito system and I have changed everything but MB with CPU and PSU.. The problem seems to be the MB or PSU.

Thanks

Back