What's new
Thanks for the input. After you have recapped your D9200s - how have they held up? I am hoping once recapped, they are somewhat reliable. Is the EPROM socket or soldered? Where does one find an EPROM for the D9200?

I used 105c nichicon caps from digikey, they have been working perfectly since. The only issue is that they are in my personal arcade and they don't get much use only a few hours a week. before the caps if I had left the monitors sitting for a few weeks without using them they would not work properly, It was as if they needed to warm up for a few hours. but now they fire up quickly and work perfectly every time.

you do get bad caps on these chassis,also shorted HOT,shorted FET's,bad flybacks and the biggest problem imo are burnt out and corroded deflection yokes

not so bad for U.S owners of these chassis but even the fet's are rare and pricey in the u.k

I have a couple d9200s I'm starting work on. They worked albeit with some various interference. I'm going to recap for sure, but has anyone else seen bad ceramic resistors on these chassis? On one of mine in particular several of the large ceramic resistors (big white boxes) look pretty sketchy.

Back