What's new

XianXi

Professional
Reaction score
***NOW AVAILABLE***

This is the JNX Shift, an inline button remap for the Neo Geo CD joypad. We all have used one before and majority of us hate the button layout.

With the Shift, you simply just move the jumpers to how you want them to be. Each button has a set of 4 jumpers.

For the shift to work 100%, there is a small modification that needs to be made to the Neo Geo CD joypad. SNK internally connected pins 4 and 9, on some superguns/CMVS units that may cause some issues since pin 9 is used or cause button D to never be mapped correctly.

I'll post pics of the slight mod needed, just requires clipping one wire that is never used by the controller or any Neo system.

The JNX Shift will go on sale in roughly two weeks. Price will be $17.99 plus shipping.
:thumbsup:

Download files for JNX Shift: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects...uHGsk87aQMNwhXEgIEFg-5sHcYZhBClQHjdLljHz2d6mQ

Attachments

• jnx-shift.jpg
    jnx-shift.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
Sucks to hear that someone was ripping off your work man. Glad I got some lazy fingers before, and looking forward to seeing the details on your new product. :thumbsup:

Sucks to hear that someone was ripping off your work man. Glad I got some lazy fingers before, and looking forward to seeing the details on your new product. :thumbsup:
Ya it always sucks but luckily it wasn't from the beginning and more towards the end of the products life. I know a bunch of people will like the JNX Shift as it's something I wish existed when I had the use for it.

Thanks for buying the Lazy Finger!!

Anybody need any of these, I still have a few PCBs left over.

Sorry didn't see this, it's basically to keep it stock or remove the connection. Stockwise the D button goes to both 4 and 9 but the system only uses pin 4 for D, moving the jumper to set it to no connection is just for people who have a supergun and have another signal on pin 9.

Sorry didn't see this, it's basically to keep it stock or remove the connection. Stockwise the D button goes to both 4 and 9 but the system only uses pin 4 for D, moving the jumper to set it to no connection is just for people who have a supergun and have another signal on pin 9.

Finally got around to building one. But just so I'm clear, what position should J1 be in for use with a supergun?

1684431545515.png

Edit: did a couple more since I had the parts. The micro switches are convenient for quick reconfigurations, but I kind of dig the neo-geo color coded ones...
1684614668155.jpeg

Last edited:
J1 just shifts between pin 4 piggybacking pin 9 which are both "Neo D".

Edit: That probably didn't answer your question but I no longer have the files as I deleted them, if you look at the footprint, you can see which side is blank and the other to the pin.

J1 just shifts between pin 4 piggybacking pin 9 which are both "Neo D".

Edit: That probably didn't answer your question but I no longer have the files as I deleted them, if you look at the footprint, you can see which side is blank and the other to the pin.
Thanks, will figure it out.

Edit: jumper on the inner most two pins seems to pass through pin 9 while the outer position (position shown in above pictures) does not.

Last edited:
Back