What's new

DogP

Student
Reaction score
Hey,

It kinda bugged me that there are a few good CPS2 games that are vertical, but I've got my CPS2 in a horizontal cab. If I rotated my joystick, they'd be playable, but I don't have a convenient way to do that, while still being able to play the rest of the CPS2 games. So, I did ROM hacks for 19xx and Dimahoo/Great Mahou Daisakusen to rotate the joystick. Of course this makes it a horizontal shooter instead of vertical shooter, and rest of the game is still sideways (text, etc)... but it's totally playable.

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone else has any desire to play these on a horizontal monitor, but I figured I'd share the patches just in case. The 19xxdm.ips patches the 19x.02 ROM from the 19xxdm roll-up pack set, and the dimahooudm.ips patches the gmd.02 ROM from the dimahooudm and gmahoudm roll-up pack sets (the same patch works for both ROMs). The patches can be applied to the regular ROMs or the free play patched ROMs... there's no conflicts between the two patches.

I've tested them on real hardware (both 1P and 2P) and they seem to work, but let me know if you have any problems.

DogP

Attachments

• rotate_patches.zip
    744 bytes · Views: 270
I had thought about this as well when cycling through the games when I first set up the multi. Many thanks for doing this!

It would be great to include these in the CPS2 pack. I have not played 19XX or Dimahoo only because I'm lazy enough not to turn my PVM.

Back