What's new

jamesv833

Student
Reaction score
Hello I've been using my Naomi without any issues until recently acquiring a netdimm and booting games with analogue inputs. I've been searching all over the web to try to solve my issue. I just noticed that I have jumpers on my motherboard(jmp1,jmp4(jmp2,jmp3 are not installed,looks factory)and I haven't been able to locate any
IMG_1077.JPG
Information about them(just netdimm/gd rom jumpers). Does anybody know what the default settings are and what they do? I have an older Naomi 1 in the usual white plastic enclosure but I believe it's the older one that'll run house of the dead 2.

according to this: http://vtorio.com/forums/threads/Ремонт-sega-naomi.712/
JP1 is used for audio/cpu syncing with multi-board games (like F355 and Airline Pilots)

according to this: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/naomi.cpp
the rest of the jumpers are as follows:
JP2 - unknown function
JP3 - unknown function
JP4 - JUMPER master (1-2) / slave (2-3) switch, then slave data accessed at +0x10000000 at cart address space

JP9-JP13 - JUMPERs set CN8 connector function: 1-2 = RS422 (315-6146 "MIE"), 2-3 = RS232C (SH4 SCIF)
CN8 1-2 2-3
JP9 1 RXD+ RXD
JP10 4 TXD+ RTS
JP11 2 RXD- TXD
JP12 5 TXD- CTS
JP13 3/6 422 232 (GND)

---------------
I highly doubt any of these are relevant to whatever issue it is you're facing. It might help if you actually explained what the problem is with your setup.

Thank you, It looks as though mine are set correctly. I was having a problem with crazy taxi, I thought that the jumpers possibly had something to do with analogue controls, but I've ruled that out as they work with other analogue games. Just can't seem to play crazy taxi, the game boots fine and the attract mode loops great, it's as if none of my digital inputs work(can't start a game on freeplay, or coin up not on freeplay) the game freezes upon entering the crazy taxi test menu. This is being netbooted.

in my testing crazy taxi is extremely forgiving with the I/O requirements, I believe it even boots without any I/O attached at all...

have you tried re-downloading the .bin or getting one from another source?

out of curiosity what I/O board are you using?

Yes I've tried redownloading from mega.nz, arcademodbios who I purchased my netdimm from actually provided me with another file to try and I'm still having the same issues. I'm using a Capcom I/o, I know a lot of people are skeptical about the comparability with that particular I/o but mitsurugiw had posted a video playing crazy taxi netbooted with a Capcom I/o, although I do not have his s-jihp I don't think that would fix my particular issue.

I wonder if the Capcom I/O is in 4p mode...

I wonder if the Capcom I/O is in 4p mode...
I'll have to check it out.I do remember I had an issue at one point with it reading as 4p even though I had it set to 2p, I believe I just slid the switch back and forth and it fixed it. I'll make sure it's set and registering as 2p. Thank you

the rest of the jumpers are as follows:JP2 - unknown functionJP3 - unknown functionJP4 - JUMPER master (1-2) / slave (2-3) switch, then slave data accessed at +0x10000000 at cart address space
this is not about NAOMI mobo but flash type cartridge

JP9-JP13 - JUMPERs set CN8 connector function: 1-2 = RS422 (315-6146 "MIE"), 2-3 = RS232C (SH4 SCIF)CN8 1-2 2-3JP9 1 RXD+ RXDJP10 4 TXD+ RTSJP11 2 RXD- TXDJP12 5 TXD- CTSJP13 3/6 422 232 (GND)
and this about N2, I doubt N1 have mentioned JPs at all, can anyone check ?

I can confirm I'm still having issues even though it's set and registering as 2p.

out of curiosity can you load the test menu without any I/O install at all?

Good idea, I haven't tried it I use my capcom I/o to give me video through my cabinet but I believe I have a small vga monitor I'll give it a try. Thank you

you should be able to leave the video and power hooked up, just unplug the JVS cable.

Awesome, I was about to hop into the attic and look for the monitor. I'll test it out.

Ok I just tested it out and I wasn't able to enter the test menu from the attract screen, it would freeze. I was able to get into the test menu from the white Naomi screen right before it says "loading crazy taxi (15kz)" I can usually do the same with the I/o connected but it will freeze when I enter the games test menu. Without the I/o connected I was able to enter the game test menu without it freezing and navigate through it using the service button on the fingerboard. Thank you for the help. Is there anyway I can tap into any controls analogue or digital on the Naomi motherboard itself?

ok, well that rules out the I/O board.

what bios revision are you running? and have you tried this in 31K mode?

I'm using a modbios 1.15 and I have it set to japan. I'll try 31k.

I have a couple us bios' as well ill give them a try as well. Not sure if they're the same version.

ok it seems like the two USA bios' I have are the same I'm not sure if there's a way to look at the exact version but mine both say USA at the test menu and they both also give me an error 1.are these too old for netbooting?

Back