What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Guys... do you know if a WG D9200 fit into a blast City.. The WG D9200 are curve.. if it fit please let me know how to mount the monitor into the blast City.. anything that I should be aware off? anything to lookout for? thank you! for the feedback..

You will have to backmount the WG tube to the original Sega Nanao monitor frame with long bolts/nuts/washers to sink the proper depth.

Pro tip: Do not fully tighten the bolts from the frame to the tube until the monitor has been installed.
You want some play up/down to compress/expand the frame to fit the cab mountings.

Jassin,
Is this what you are talking about to mount the monitor?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 215
Remove the bezel, undo the 4 bolts at the corners of the metal frame... Pull the entire frame/tube out of the cab.
Once removed discharge the tube, pull the chassis and the tube from the frame and start to back mount the WG frame.

The pics you snapped above are of the frame inside the cab body, you'll need to remove all this.

Remove the bezel, undo the 4 bolts at the corners of the metal frame... Pull the entire frame/tube out of the cab.
Once removed discharge the tube, pull the chassis and the tube from the frame and start to back mount the WG frame.

The pics you snapped above are of the frame inside the cab body, you'll need to remove all this.
Jassin - thank you very much for the explanation.. since I have not work with these things and I do not want to Neck the tubes I am going to see if I find a professional in the area.. Defor comes to mind:)

Remember to tell him when he mounts the WG tube to the old Nanao frame he MUST "backmount" it (aka attack it to the back side with bolts/nuts/washers).
The bezel won't close over the tube once installed otherwise, because it won't sit flush/at original depth.

So the frame from the WG D9200 will not work? Basically I am trying to get two of the empty Blast City from KC which do not have monitors inside.. If you are saying that I need the Nano old monitor frame and put the WG D9200 in that frame them I have a problem because the cabs do not have monitors so missing the old nano frame.

So the frame from the WG D9200 will not work?
Correct, the entire tube must be stripped and backmounted to the Nanao frame (what I've been saying this entire time).
If you are saying that I need the Nano old monitor frame and put the WG D9200 in that frame them I have a problem
Yes you have a major problem!
The ONLY frame that will ever fit cleanly into that Blast cab is a Nanao.

You don't need the Nanao tube, chassis, neckboard, blah blah... But you can't mount without that frame period.

I've been scratching my head this entire time, as to why you sold a Vewlix L cab with a beautiful new LCD in it.
Just So you could buy a busted Blast City and put a crap WG (haha ok they aren't crap but they are a far cry from the quality of a Nanao) monitor in it?

Esp the part where you said you have fear about necking a tube... This procedure is neck central because you have to handle the tube bare (without a frame).
Then rebuild the entire monitor using a frame that wasn't designed to fit it properly (hence the necessary back mounting of the tube).
Just wait until you get to mounting the chassis, none of the Nanao frame holes align to shit... I did it with a piece of scrap plywood acting as an adapter plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh...thanks for the explanation. I am not technical so I was not understanding the frame part.

Edit - I am not an LCD person.. I still have an L to play Taito Type X2 games but I do most of the playing on the BVM32". That monitor is perfect.. Picture quality on an arcade monitor is not that much of a big deal to me since I play on my RGB monitors and HAS. When I had the Egreet 2 with the stock monitor the picture was not nearly as good as the NEC XM29plus or at least to my eyes. A fellow SHMUPS member hosted an event and he has an Egreet II with the stock monitor, again the picture was not as bright and sharp and seem out of focus to my eyes, to the members the picture was perfect. Also I need them to be Tri-sync.

Last edited:
just picked up a blast with a d9200. the buzzing is pretty bad in 15k. has anyone ever been able to fix that ?

Back