What's new

thegreathopper

Professional
Reaction score
Hi, I tried to load my new cps3 cart and ISO but get a Garbled screen the same as having no cart, I opened the cart to check against my working 2nd impact and something looks missing,,,

There is nothing in the 29F400, I will post a picture later when I get a chance.

Here are a couple of pictures, i hope! looks like something is missing,,, thanks for looking guys.
33106293754_981edaa647_c.jpg
" style="float: left" >

33792164492_42a0e36e6e_c.jpg
" style="float: left" >

Last edited:
Sorry if thats confusing but in the top picture, the top cart is my new bios, the bottom cart is my working 2nd impact

2nd picture top cart is my working 2nd impact and bottom cart is my new bios cart.

I believe the bigger chip on the back of the superbios cart is the bios. Have you clean the contacts on the cart?

I gave it a quick clean and reinserted loads of times, its the first time its been used so would expect it to be clean from being modded, my motherboard is good as 2nd impact boots first time every time.

Thanks, though, i will give it a really good clean later this evening.

Yeah the cart edge does look pretty dirty. That's how you can tell I didn't work on it.

Anyways since it's a B cart they just decided to change the smaller bios chip for the larger. It still works the same. I personally don't use the big chips. More than likely it will work fine after you give it a good cleaning.

P.S--Also, please add your general location in your profile so we can assist you better. It is one of the forum rules. Thanks!

Hi thanks for the advice, I will give the cart edge a really good clean,,, cheers

Will also update profile

Where did you get it from BTW?

I got it from Darksoft, I thought it was one you had done,, you recommended me to Darksoft as you were sending some over to him and I am in London UK, it arrived last week.

Cheers Steve

Ok. It should work if you got it from him. He can do the big chip pretty easily. I usually get a bunch of C and D carts from him to convert every now and then.

Well I have given it a really good clean and tried it at least a hundred times but nothing but a blue and green chequered screen, I get the same screen with no cart.

When I test my 2nd impact the game boots perfect first time every time.

Darksoft did the cart get tested before sending to me? I cannot see anything wrong but It just won't boot...

Very frustrating, I guess I need to send it back..

Cool. Try this before sending it back. Just add flux to all of the legs of that big chip and use your iron to reflow the solder and add some downward pressure. Try to get each leg as close to the pad as possible. If you have some pcb solder you can add a little more. My guess is its got a bad connection on a leg.

Yes I tested yours before shipping. Try reworking the solder on the legs of the big chip in the back as Mitsurugi says. The text on the BIOS looks like partially gone. Is the chip too hot?

PLMK.

Hi the chip is not warm at all, it's never on for more than a few seconds as it boots straight to a garbled screen, unfortunately I don't have any soldering equipment small enough to reflow the joints, my soldering equipment is more for speaker cables and arcade monitor repairs not small enough for pcb's.

I will have to send it back.

Last edited:
After finding a very small soldering iron in my shed, re flowed the joints and booted first time, thanks for the tips guys.

First thing it wanted to do was reflash 2nd impact which was on the Simms, I have tried to reflash another game but it says not enough memory... this is odd as this was a 3rd strike setup, maybe the Simms need a clean too.

That would be my guess. Try cleaning the contacts with some contact cleaner or alcohol.

Not enough memory error is not always a simm problem. It can also be caused by bad connection between the cart and the cart connector. Try cleaning the cart again and then insert and remove the cart several times to try to work dirt/oxidation off of the cart connector pins.

Back