What's new

LazerFlux

Professional
Reaction score
UPDATE: Removed image links. I'm presently working on some fancy-schmancy new code and simultaneously fixing this thing.
I'm backporting functionality as I go along.

UPDATE 2019/08/16: Added TODO items and reorganized the thread a bit.
UPDATE 2019/12/19: Crossed off a bunch of items here and added a couple.
UPDATE 2020/01/12: Project has reached a functional and usable state under the new codebase. Updated TODO list.

-------------

A little bit ago I was looking for a good NAOMI net boot web interface that I could use with my phone, and everything I found was either extremely hacky, broken, or otherwise not suitable for my taste.

So I picked up somebody's old project on GitHub. It was nonfunctional, so I fixed it and made some improvements.
If you're in here, I'm sorry I forked off. On the upside it works now!

So I wrote my own after playing around with someone elses' code a bit.

I'm not sure if it will work with Chihiro, Atomiswave or Triforce (probably won't).

-------------

TODO for core functionality:
-IPC/Messaging so all the modules can communicate as necessary for UI, Loader and addon implementations done
-ROM Patching for unlocks, freeplay, etc.
-User authentication
-Split database out, only use sqlite for read-only data. done
-Rework all configuration to be plaintext and easily user editable. obsolete
-Support GPIO/hardware reset done needs to be fixed with the new changes done
-Automated updating of OS/network configuration to reflect changes made in software configuration, and be persistent across reboots (Might nix this as it heavily integrates with the OS, which will be much more prone to change, opting instead for just altering the running configuration on software startup).
-Support for managing multiple netdimm nodes done
-OAuth-supported API for remote control
-Add missing screenshots
-Add a few more games to the DB (mostly atomiswave conversions, NAOMI2, Chihiro, Triforce titles)
-DB cleanup for control types and additions for Chihiro/Triforce games.
-Naomi 2 still needs title detection data in the DB for everything but Virtua Fighter 4.
-Improve SD Image for long term stability (read-only root partition) in progress

Still on my todo list for features is:
-Save filter configuration obsolete
-Support Adafruit LCD in progress
-Support Touchscreen LCD
-Player card emulation (That's a really cool feature of chunksin's loader that I want to implement :D)
-VMU emulator with Maple bus integration via GPIO

-------------

follow along or contribute: http://github.com/tugpoat/ACNTBoot/

Seriously, don't be shy about pull requests. this is honestly a way bigger project than I had initially anticipated.
Feedback always welcome as well.

Attachments

• shot1.png
    shot1.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 115
  • shot2.png
    shot2.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Whoops! I think I might have posted this in the wrong place. Sorry if that's the case, but I'm not 100% on where it should go. Please advise?

This is a good place for it. A good video of it in action will help with user adoption.

This is a good place for it. A good video of it in action will help with user adoption.
Thanks for the tip!
I'll jump on that when I can. My hardware is currently "being stored" at a friend's place, so I don't have immediate access to it.

I will take a look at this later and try it on the rig I am using at the moment. I wonder if there is a way to filter it by controls also .. IE gun, wheel, moraccas, pilot rig. I just ask as it would be nice to filter that way as half of the games are useless to me as i only have a standard control panel. But i digress .. as i am asking questions without firing up the app.

I will take a look at this later and try it on the rig I am using at the moment. I wonder if there is a way to filter it by controls also .. IE gun, wheel, moraccas, pilot rig. I just ask as it would be nice to filter that way as half of the games are useless to me as i only have a standard control panel. But i digress .. as i am asking questions without firing up the app.
I know what you mean! I only have access to one cabinet right now, which currently has a horizontal monitor.

There's no filtering in it right now but I suppose if I can't build in automatic filtering, I could work on implementing machine profiles and game lists.

Paging @Malenko!! Since he put a tutorial together for this.
My tutorial was just for updating the game list and general set up, the original author @devtty0 updated this original tool so you can edit the game list and images in Windows instead of SSH/puttying into the Pi

https://github.com/dev-tty0/Piforce-Web

I understand how everything works and the concepts behind it, but I couldnt make a new program on my own like Smurph is.

I've been working on some new functionality for auto-detection/filtration of games. It uses the game title found in the header of the ROM to figure out which game is which.
So far, I've found these to be acceptably unique. 18 Wheeler is the only one that I've come across with the same title for different cabinet types.

Note that I haven't finished filling this data into the database and filtering functionality is incomplete, so most games will not autodetect or filter.

A portion of the data from the google doc posted above has been imported as well. Thank you so much for that information @twistedsymphony! I'll be using more of it once I finish with adding title information and implementing filters.

If anyone is interested in checking it out and/or providing input/assisting in adding said title data to the SQLite DB, the current working branch is https://github.com/tugpoat/NaomiWeb/tree/sqlite/ I provide no guarantees of the working state of this branch.

Update: just pushed the new code into master.
Here's what the interface looks like on my phone as of the latest working revision: http://i.imgur.com/OEd6bVA.png

Most of the game information has been loaded in (minus the AWNAOMI conversions and NAOMI 2 titles) , but if it doesn't exist in the DB it should still work fine.
UNTESTED ON ACTUAL HARDWARE BUT SHOULD WORK.

Hi guys,

Please check out my fork of devtty0's code, it might be useful, it's ported to PHP, has filters, various boot modes, video previews of the games in the web interface and also has support for the card reader emulation code for Initial D, Mario Kart GP, F-Zero and Wangan Maximum Tune.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw1BktU9OjcIYoMRSzh7yPA

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/initial-d-card-emulator_topic356828.html

cheers,
Rich

Update: I did some more work on the image today correcting a couple of issues with image names and adding a couple of missing games, I'll upload to github proper this evening but you can use the link in the ukvac thread to preview

Last edited:
I am going to take a dive into this before the end of the month. Will keep you updated.

Hey guys, I've been a bit busy lately and haven't had a chance to work on this as of recent.
I should have time soon, life just has me by the neck right now.

Last edited:
Quick update: Added some simple filtering and a few other options to make life a little easier.
I'll have to make some logic/data updates to the filter system to make it a bit more usable/intuitive.
Installable sdcard images forthcoming at some point within the next 2-3 weeks I hope.

Last edited:
Just tried this on a Pi2 with no luck, the hostapd wouldn't come up and create the WiFi AP even though the usb wifi was a Netgear WG111v2 :( any suggestions?

Just tried this on a Pi2 with no luck, the hostapd wouldn't come up and create the WiFi AP even though the usb wifi was a Netgear WG111v2 :( any suggestions?
Which one did you try out? Mine or chunksin's link?
I haven't yet released an SD image for mine, so it will depend on your configuration.

For chunksin's fork of devtty0's code, please contact chunksin directly and let's try to keep discussion in this thread limited to my project.

Back