What's new
How to change SSID ?
My idea is to have one raspberry per machine

IP Adress assignement is not clear
In interface, is it to declare Netdimm ip address ?
So, how can i set manually ip adress for raspberry

How to change SSID ?
My idea is to have one raspberry per machine

IP Adress assignement is not clear
In interface, is it to declare Netdimm ip address ?
So, how can i set manually ip adress for raspberry
I would also like to know how to change the SSID or even the password.

Just check out the code, probably not that hard to find :)
I did actually. I managed to locate the stuff for the IP address but did not see anything having to do with the wireless settings.

you don't have to SSH, you can plug a monitor and keyboard into it and modify it directly.

those instructions I posted just have you modifying config files though, so maybe that could be done directly on the card? I suppose it depends on the formatting.

you don't have to SSH, you can plug a monitor and keyboard into it and modify it directly.

those instructions I posted just have you modifying config files though, so maybe that could be done directly on the card? I suppose it depends on the formatting.
yeah I can load up a Linux VBox on one of my machines and edit the file directly on the card. However .. not entirely sure which or where the config file is. I found multiple files for IP addresses and stuff like that but didn't see anything about the SSID.

I guess I could always hook a monitor and keyboard up to a pi and modify each card.

Found it by using my Linux Virtual Box.

The file that needs to be edited is /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf

However it's not wanting to let me edit it. Might not have a choice but to command line edit it.

**EDIT**

Ok that that creates a whole new line of questions .. does anyone know the minibian log-in and password it's asking for? I tried the NAOMI/segarocks and the generic pi one pi/raspberry, no good.

Last edited:
OK that works.

1. Plug a keyboard and a monitor in and power up the pi
  2. type root hit enter
  3. It should ask for a password type raspberry and hit enter
  4. Type sudo -e /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf hit enter and it should bring up the contents of the file on the screen.
  5. Press i .. at the bottom of the screen it should say insert.
  6. Use the curser and move (using arrow keys) to the line that says SSID and edit that then move to the line that says passphrase and edit that.
  7. To save what you just changed hit the escape key twice then type :w! and hit enter.
  8. Hit the escape key twice and type :q! and hit enter
  9. At this point everything should be changed and saved. You can either type reboot and restart the machine or unplug it or whatever.

Last edited:
Oh god. I'm so sorry I've been absent for this.
I've been focusing on some personal matters the last few weeks.
I'm about to ramp back up on this for some more development work.

I think, that by default the image has SSH disabled, as I thought: "Hey, if somebody wanted to hijack this thing and run code on it without the operator knowing, that'd be really easy for them to do if they know default raspi logins, and what the SSID and PSK are."

To clarify the answer to a previous question, the IP Address that the configuration page refers to is the IP Address of the NetDIMM. As of current, it will have to be on the 192.168.0.0/24 IPv4 network unless you do some reconfiguring.
RasPI IP for communicating with the NetDIMM is 192.168.0.1, settable in /etc/network/interfaces, IIRC.
SSID and PSK are configurable in /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf as Dreygor mentioned.

Reading this has made it abundantly clear that I'll have to figure out some way to make it easy for the end-user to change system settings, including the RasPI IP, SSID and PSK.
This may have to wait until the next major release, as I have some code restructuring that I need to do so the whole thing doesn't become a huge mess when I start adding more features, system configuration panel and its backend included.

First on my list however, is massaging all the data and assets from Dreygor into it.

Real ️
negative-squared-latin-capital-letter-b_1f171.png
rogrammer hours, who up??????

I haven't been able to sleep the last several nights, so I've just been chugging away at whatever projects I can.
Within the next few days, I should have an updated image for you guys with GPIO Reset and some other things mixed in.

After this release, the old code base will be dead-ended, as I'm presently working on something new which will incorporate a lot of desirable features.

ok night fellas

Real ️

I haven't been able to sleep the last several nights, so I've just been chugging away at whatever projects I can.
Within the next few days, I should have an updated image for you guys with GPIO Reset and some other things mixed in.

After this release, the old code base will be dead-ended, as I'm presently working on something new which will incorporate a lot of desirable features.

ok night fellas
Doh! Just went through and got this working/fixed headers on Atomiswave to play nice :)

Anyways for those of you who want SSID and the sort you need console access on the rpi and a little bit of linux knowledge:

First login as pi/raspberry to get access via console and change the default password. Since we're throwing this on the internet this is necessary:
Code:
pi@netboot:~ $ passwd
Changing password for pi.
(current) UNIX password: 
Enter new UNIX password: 
Retype new UNIX password: 
passwd: password updated successfully
pi@netboot:~ $ sudo su -
root@netboot:~#

Enter raspberry at line 3 and then your new password for 4 and 5. Going forwards you will use this password with the "pi" account. The last command elevates you to root level which just makes the rest of this easier. Run the command "nano /etc/network/interfaces" and scroll down to where you see the following:
Code:
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 10.0.0.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 10.0.0.0
broadcast 10.0.0.255
Change it to look like so:
Code:
#allow-hotplug wlan0
#iface wlan0 inet static
#address 10.0.0.1
#netmask 255.255.255.0
#network 10.0.0.0
#broadcast 10.0.0.255

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

iface default inet dhcp
Now edit the file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf with nano and change it to look similar to this. Note your SSID and password will not match:

Code:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="yourwifihere"
        psk="yourpasswordhere"
}
Now reboot and it should automatically join up as dhcp to your network and set a gateway. Once you login again you should see an ip on wlan0 if you run "ifconfig wlan0" and you should be able to ping external host/ips. If this is the case then wait a bit and the naomi web interface should show up on that internal ip. Also FWIW this image works fine on a rpi2. If your rpi is not joining the network properly run the command "raspi-config" and set the SSID/password via the network options there. For some reason manually setting up wpa_supplicant did not work for me and I had to do this.

Real ️

ok night fellas
Doh! Just went through and got this working/fixed headers on Atomiswave to play nice :)
Wait, does the atomiswave header stuff not function? It was pretty late last night when I put that in so I'm not 100% sure of my work.

Thanks for writing up that tutorial bit BTW!

Real ️

ok night fellas
Wait, does the atomiswave header stuff not function? It was pretty late last night when I put that in so I'm not 100% sure of my work.
Thanks for writing up that tutorial bit BTW!
I didn't look very far into it, at least with your older image a lot of the games had NULL set in the db for a header identifier so I just edited them because it's quicker when you aren't sharing your code :P

I did notice that 3 Naomi titles wouldn't identify properly either - DoA2 Millenium (set to the same header as DoA2), Typing of the Dead (no header) and Project Justice (no header)

So with "other things" does this mean someone figured out filterboard eprom dump/restoring? :D

I didn't look very far into it, at least with your older image a lot of the games had NULL set in the db for a header identifier so I just edited them because it's quicker when you aren't sharing your code :P
I did notice that 3 Naomi titles wouldn't identify properly either - DoA2 Millenium (set to the same header as DoA2), Typing of the Dead (no header) and Project Justice (no header)

So with "other things" does this mean someone figured out filterboard eprom dump/restoring? :D
Yeah, I was going through some stuff and the quality of product reflects that.
I actually feel really bad that I pushed out something so substandard.

My code is 100% open and shared on github, at https://www.github.com/tugpoat/NaomiWeb
It's kind of embarrassing, so I'd recommend looking at the new stuff instead: https://www.github.com/tugpoat/ACNTBoot

As far as titles improperly identifying themselves, there's really not much that can be done about that, aside from check-summing the ROM file itself. Since there's no real authoritative dump collection and people may have their own, I decided against it.
For those, you can manually edit the game through the Web UI.

As far as new things, I'm really hoping that SRAM backup/restore becomes viable somehow (I'll try my own experiments later, but I probably won't get any further than @winteriscoming, as he has far more experience with the platform than I), and I'll be doing card emulation for ID2/3/etc.
It'll also have those handy system/network controls and configurations in the Web UI.

Last edited:
Ok no more quoting a quote of a quote of a quote
. Whew.

Back