What's new

friedpotatoz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

So first off, i'm totally new to the TTX2 motherboard, I can't get it to show any picture on my blast city. I have been Private messaging back and forth with dark but just wanted to see if anyone else had some input. I am currently using a capcom I/O to run it to my Blastcity, currently do not have any JVS cabs :(

I have the MOBO on its side because I get a weird sound when I have it laying flat, seems like there is a fan inside the power source (grey box) and something seems to be hitting it. When its on its side the sound goes away.

Here is what I have so far:
https://flic.kr/p/y42Qrf
https://flic.kr/p/y4UDXF

I've been trying to research a bit and found out that I needed to switch the 2nd dip to off so i can run on 480p, at first I couldn't find the dip switches because it was covered by this black covering so I had to unscrew the slit here: https://flic.kr/p/y4Zqt7
I switched them all off, is this ok?

Now I tested my blast to see if the 31khz was working correctly with my atomiswave mobo, and it is. Not really sure whats going on, could it be the VGA connection that isn't working?
Here is how my Capcom I/O is connected: https://flic.kr/p/xPNq5a

I was told by dark that I needed a different type of wires for my audio:
"As for the audio, you need to convert those RCA connectors for Audio, to cinch which is what every normal PC and Taito Type X2 has.
See here:
ebay.es/itm/Stereo-Audio-Adapt…98965?hash=item1e87ffacd5
and here (this is a 10m long cable, just an example)
ebay.es/itm/10m-Audio-Kabel-3-…08440?hash=item51be62f998"

But I will worry about that later as I just want to get picture right now.

Do I have to connect these (WHITE) connections instead of the standard VGA connection? https://flic.kr/p/y84PGa Do I need a converter? Sorry I have no idea what these connections are even named.

I have no idea what do test now, any help would be appreciated.

Also Ive tried turning this on with the Multi HD that I got from Mitsu and without, I would think if no HD was connected it would just show the Taito Type X2 Logo?

Thanks
John V. :)

looks to me like you have the video cable in the wrong port.
the TypeX2 has a video card in it, surely *that* is where you should plug the VGA cable.....

Thanks fellas! I will keep ya updated, I knew it was the wrong connection lol.

The two misters are completely right, you need a DVI to VGA Adapter and you have to connect then the VGA directly at the TTX2.

Yeah and iirc mine only wants to display out of one of those DVI ports on the video card. If you try one and still get no output, try the other.

normally you would give it 2 credits then just press both start buttons for player 1 and player 2
if there are options in the test mode set the # of coin mechs to 1 (i.e. shared not individual) then coin up and press the start buttons

Does KOF require each side to have their own coin mech like MVS did? I don't use a Capcom I/O but the JAMMA standard has a 2P coin pin. Is it not wired in your cab?

the Blast city has only one coin slot and only 1 coin mech.
he would either have to set coins to shared in test mode if option is there or tie the 2 jamma coin wires together.
some stupid games need to have the coin counter wired up too or it wont coin up at all so that might need to be done. I think there are a few NAOMI games like that.

some stupid games need to have the coin counter wired up too or it wont coin up at all so that might need to be done. I think there are a few NAOMI games like that.
SF4 is like that. My S-JIHP emulates the coin mechs to fix this problem.

normally you would give it 2 credits then just press both start buttons for player 1 and player 2
I tried that, seems like I have to go into the menu settings and switch it to "common coin shute" thats what somebody told me through instagram, sorry but how do I do that with this mobo? The Blast has a menu buttons, next to the volume controls I'll try that when I get home. Sorry for all the Noobish questions... After I got it running last night I had to run so I didn't test the menu controls.

Yeah Mitsu I think KOFXIII needs both sides, thats the game I was playing.

Thanks again guys! I'm sure this thread will be helpful to other TTX2 noobies :D

inside the cab there's usually 2 buttons for test and service and a volume knob. not much else normally.
press test and the game test menu will appear. some machines you have to hold test in otherwise it will just go back to the game.
once you are in test navigate to the coin menu item and set the chutes to common, or just set it on freeplay.
exit the test menu and you're done.

The TTX2 has 2 DVI ports, what is the difference between them ?

Does it output DVI or do I have to use a DVI->VGA adapter ?

I have a DVI->HDMI on my Lindbergh and was wondering if I could use the same cable.

The TTX2 has 2 DVI ports, what is the difference between them ?

Does it output DVI or do I have to use a DVI->VGA adapter ?

I have a DVI->HDMI on my Lindbergh and was wondering if I could use the same cable.
not speaking for the TTX2 specifically but there are 3 types of DVI Ports
DVI-D = Digital Only (similar to HDMI but without audio and a different shaped connector)
DVI-A = Analog Only (similar to VGA but with a different shaped connector)
DVI-I = Analog and Digital signals available in the same connector.

e5lgH.png

(I should note the "dual link" allows for higher bandwidth digital communication, but only useful for displays that support it)

The vast majority of Video cards with DVI have DVI-I ports. so you could get an adapter for VGA or HDMI, they even make cables with VGA on one end and DVI on the other or HDMI on one end and DVI on the other.

As for the two different ports generally speaking one is the primary output and the other is the secondary output, most PC arcade hardware will only use the primary port (usually the one nearest the mobo) and the secondary is only used if the game calls for 2 displays. On occasion it will simply output the same thing on both ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtw
Thanks for the detailed explanation :thumbsup:

I discovered that what looks like a DVI-I on my TTX does not carry any digital signals.

TAITO Type X (TTX)

I have noticed people use DVI-I->VGA adapters on their TTX2 setups so I was wondering if the TTX2 did not have digital signals either.

When both options are available VGA is typically preferred over HDMI as it tends to have less lag.

I have noticed people use DVI-I->VGA adapters on their TTX2 setups so I was wondering if the TTX2 did not have digital signals either.
On advise of Mitsurugi-w I have been using a simple DVI-VGA adapter for a while now. Works great to get both 480p and 720p output on my LCD TV.
On my TTX2 both ports work.

If you have a genuine CRT the pure analog VGA makes perfect sense.

However with an TV/LCD monitor with VGA input the monitor will have to convert the analog signal to digital and then scale it. The lag introduced here is highly dependant on your monitors scaling engine.

If you have the pure digital signal the monitor will still scale the image but the analog conversion is skipped.

If the monitor is doing integer scaling I.e. 640x480 becomes 1280x960 (X2), a modern 1080P TV will scale this and present it with letter-boxing and pillar-boxing. This is a very fast process and does not create a lot of lag.

I have a Framemeister and a HAS which I use to play JAMMA games on my SONY Bravia TV. The SONY has a native resolution of 1080P.
By having the Framemeister deliver a pre-scaled 1080P image to the TV I can disable the scaling engine on the TV.

When both options are available VGA is typically preferred over HDMI as it tends to have less lag.
A few of the Ringedge games will not work with a vga cable so I use a DVI-HDMI cable. I prefer not to because when in HDMI mode my TV doesn't accept the sound from another source so I have to use external speakers.

Back