What's new

What's your favourite name for the cartridge?

• Darksoft's NeoDDR

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Darksoft Multi (MVS) and Darksoft Multi (AES)

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Darksoft's NeoFPGA

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DMC of course stands for Darksoft Multi Cart.
First thing that came to my mind was DeLorean Motor Company.
As a former DeLorean owner, I approve.
Fiero_5_Delorean.jpg

My 5th Fiero and my first DeLorean. Both sold long-ago. Obligatory Smashing Pumpkins license plate.

It's cool to see my name idea on the final list, but I actually voted for Darksoft Neo :D

Late to the party, but you could rip off the 100 Mega Shock phrasing and instead use 272 for the Master List numbering.

So in other words "Darksoft 272 Mega Shock!!!"

I would like to try to avoid the word multi from a creative standpoint. The name doesn't have to be perfect or even make sense imho. It only needs to stick.
In addition to that I would argue that these days you also want a name that is easy to google (meaning it will take you to the thing and not something else).

For instance the GDEMU has a great name because it's short, memorable, it describes what it does, and when you put it in google, it's the only thing that comes up.

by comparison the Rhea and Phoebe devices have terrible names. Sure it's a cute play on the moons of Saturn, and while they are memorable they don't describe the device at all, and it's nearly impossible to find what you're looking for when googling the name.

This is the real reason behind many products and services use simple names spelled wrong. type in "churches" and you come up with lots of information about the religious buildings. Type in "chvrches" and you'll get information only about the band.

I'd like to use the easter holidays to put some creativity into the creation of the artwork...
Looking at the poll I foresee that the name will be "Darksoft NEO", the trend is pretty obvious...

I'd like to use the easter holidays to put some creativity into the creation of the artwork...
Alex will you be doing a MVS cart-shell spine and matching shockbox?
I plan on:
  • MVS Sticker
  • MVS Shockbox Insert
  • AES Softcase Insert
  • AES Snapcase Insert
  • Custom AES Case Insert @Capozhwm
  • Custom AES Sticker @Capozhwm
  • AES Sticker
Anything missing on the list?

How about the "Neo Geo Apeiron"?

Apeiron is a greek word that means boundless and infinite. An SD based Neo Geo cartridge would certainly be just that.

Looking at the poll I foresee that the name will be "Darksoft NEO", the trend is pretty obvious...
So DSNEO for short.. ^^

NeoPGM (Pro Gear Multi, or ProGaMer as you want)

Dark's CaHoAr (Card for Home and Arcade)

The Multi Shock !

lol me too writing it, perhaps I want too much an IGS PGM multi card :D

Back