What's new

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Not getting much love over on KLOV so maybe the gurus here can bring some love...

Just got an A51site4 board, I think it's hooked up right. I get clean audio but what seems like no sync in the picture. I've tried the pos/neg jumper in both positions. This connects to a HAS supergun that has a few sync settings as well, none change the situation. The HAS supergun and PVM have no trouble with regular Area51 or Max Force. PVM is certainly 15khz only.

If I hadn't read on a few forums that Area 51 site 4 was 15khz, then I'd say this was just a med-res game being played on a low-res monitor. I
mean, heck the boards connect using a VGA port, but I assume something on the Jammit board is doing the conversion.

Pic of board: https://i.imgur.com/vKhctbC.jpg
Video of the sync issue: https://youtu.be/vfU5LgfNYKQ

Any ideas what to start checking?

Is the resolution not changeable on the pcb.

I have the same board its CGA just like the standard area 51 i sometimes swap it in the same cabinet on a standard k7000

Yeah, it's 15khz... the jumpers are for +\- sync but not resolution mode.

Did you ever figure this out? I have exactly the same issue.
I don't recall that it worked with the pvm/has combo, but it might have worked in my cab. I can't remember how to get it booting with this ssd but if I figure it out again I'll check both.

I don't recall that it worked with the pvm/has combo, but it might have worked in my cab. I can't remember how to get it booting with this ssd but if I figure it out again I'll check both.
So it wasn't a problem with the PCB? Perhaps Ill try mine in a cab as well

So it wasn't a problem with the PCB? Perhaps Ill try mine in a cab as well
So I just broke this board back out, and actually had the reverse happen. It worked fine with my little test PVM and my HAS supergun, but my blast city nanao basically rejected the signal entirely. Very weird pcb!

Back