What's new

undamned

Multi Baez
Champion
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Welcome, all!

I've not been very active on any particular forum for a while now, but Darksoft & Mitsu-kun were kind enough to lend me some space to discuss the stuff I've been working on! I should be opening some threads for various items soon. Tentative topic list will be:

UD-USB Decoders (in general)
DIY UD-CPS2 Kit
UD-Power (some variant of the power supply I've used in the UD-CPS2 for some time)

The bulk of my project time, as of late, has been shaking out details for the new DIY UD-CPS2 kits. I got way too far behind on the wait list for the original builds and I figure re-designing the components & installation approach will allow for more people to have consolized CPS2 and with (hopefully) little headache regarding the installation. General bullet points are:

- Full JAMMA & Console features (easily swap between your JAMMA cabinet and home entertainment setup).
- Non-destructive electrical installation (only adding parts, no removing).
- Minimal mechanical modification to the case.
- 4-Player interface (with the new interface design, there is little cost/labor savings to be had regarding number of players, so if you are going to go to the effort to install the kit, you might as well go all-in).
- Multiple video options. Sky is the limit really, but I'm considering default to only be HDMI (board designed by Marqs, of OSSC fame) and RGB. Alternatives include Michael Moffitt's NEO-VGA board, and the plethora of standard def. NTSC encoders that are out there. More on that in the official thread.
- Robust replacement for the Test/Vol.Up/Vol.Down button assembly.

I'll try to get info organized this week and put up some proper threads next weekend or so.

Peace! :D
-ud

Awesome. You do great work man. Looking forward to your future projects.

Love your USB-Decoder - looking forward to seeing your CPS2 kit! Glad to see you here!!

BTW, I'm sure you get asked this a lot, but is there eventually going to be a firmware update to add PS4 support to the UD-USB Decoder? It's my only complaint with what is otherwise a wonderful piece of equipment.

Reactions: RGB
Pardon the ignorant question, what does 'UD' stand for?

Awesome stuff, looking forward to the udcps2 kit! (and replacement usb decoders for my friend's broken ones) :D

Glad to hear there will be more UD USB decoders coming out. I could definitely use some more. I thought those were goners.

Congrats Undamned! You know you're big timing it when you have your own section! :)

Back