What's new
Awesome - excited to validate the IBM drive on my system 246 with T4 tonite!

Matt

Well - I got it to boot once, so am not thinking I have a flaky system246. I will start looking for another one to test my T4 card/cdrom on.

Thanks!

Matt

I was having an issue with a 256 I bought off letgo. It would boot to character select and freeze so I ordered the same DVD drive it had in it and long story short it didnt work. So I finally just went and put SC2 into my known good Tekken 5 DR cab and it booted right up. This is the drive its using.

Attachments

• 28876559_2088666284484398_1835607158_o.jpg
    28876559_2088666284484398_1835607158_o.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 489
I have Holy Grail Sony DW-U10A (May 2003) (Factory Supplied) - WORKING the Best according to the legend 15 euro

leboncoin
:)

But the the game works and freeze white screen after 15 minutes of demo with any dvd player or Rewriter ?( ?( :?: :?:

Maybe a power supply Naomi may not be powerful enough :( :?:

IMG_2856.jpg

For a Namco System 246 Rev B the setting the +5 volts even at the highest does not change anything.

I think the amperage of the 5+ on the powwer supply of the naomi and is not high enough

that's why I've already seen an additional power rail with the namco system.
Too greedy in amperage

The Namco System 246 Rev B is real drag :thumbdown: || of Revision 246

Defor mentions trying to power the drive from a different source if you are having issues.

I find my system runs best off of either my Sun JVS Power Supply from Naomi (With Naomi to 2X6 adapter) or with my 200watt Twisted Quarter power supply that has the 9 pin plugs, either with the harness that came with Tekken Dark Resurrection or my Twisted Quarter Super Jamma Harness (Using the 246 Jamma (B) I/o). Never had a single power problem with either of those configurations.

Seasonic M12II power supply in the ass of the Sony DW-U10A :evil:
freeze after 20 minutes blank screen & no more activity of the indicator light Sony DW-U10A :evil: :evil: F.CK X/

Could you make a picture of your setup including PSU? I had a System 246A running within a Naomi with this adapter;

dsc03034.jpg

At the moment I have a System 246B running with a universal PSU, but like PascalP said, you need to set your 5V to 5.2V (I think).

here are the news

I connected The Seasonic M12 on with a Nec ND3500A The Namco System and
powered with the power supply of the New net City.

I disconnected
the AMP Display Power Connector of the Cab for not having a possible
burn screen in case of System Namco 246 crash.

IMG_2900.jpg

the system 246 has been running for more than 72 hours with zero crashes.
From time to time I push the panel's Start button popur that the game runs in mode against the CPU.

I have Nina Williams who has finally been unlocked <3

IMG_2902.jpg

Not the ideal setup, but if it works, it works. Last post, going offtopic :)

* Tekken 4 is picky about DVD drives
* I had a Tekken 4 version (dongle ver D?!) with every character unlocked

Not the ideal setup, but if it works, it works. Last post, going offtopic :)

* Tekken 4 is picky about DVD drives
* I had a Tekken 4 version (dongle ver D?!) with every character unlocked
I have version D as well. Since it was the final revision everything is unlocked on it by default. Sadly unlike Soul Calibur II and III, The only way to change versions on Tekken 4 is by getting a new dongle, for the Soul Calibur games they upgraded via a new disc.

Has anyone experienced using a IDE to SATA converter like the one linked below?

mwave.com.au/product/startech-…6OZoGHmvu44xoCB9IQAvD_BwE
I tried using them for a fix to an issue I was/am having with a Taito Type Zero board that uses an IDE drive. The problem I had was related to the security being tied to the IDE HDD serial#. The problem was that it seemed to confuse the security somehow, possibly by introducing its own serial# into the check. Apparently they work fine on other applications though if the security isn't tied to the drive identifiers. I am now being supplied a IDE DOM solution for my issue.

If security isn't an issue they will probably be work fine. Also they are pretty cheap so worth trying. (You can buy them a lot cheaper than the one you linked too, although the quality does vary)

Has anyone experienced using a IDE to SATA converter like the one linked below?

mwave.com.au/product/startech-…6OZoGHmvu44xoCB9IQAvD_BwE
I tried using them for a fix to an issue I was/am having with a Taito Type Zero board that uses an IDE drive. The problem I had was related to the security being tied to the IDE HDD serial#. The problem was that it seemed to confuse the security somehow, possibly by introducing its own serial# into the check. Apparently they work fine on other applications though if the security isn't tied to the drive identifiers. I am now being supplied a IDE DOM solution for my issue.
If security isn't an issue they will probably be work fine. Also they are pretty cheap so worth trying. (You can buy them a lot cheaper than the one you linked too, although the quality does vary)
As far as I know System 246/256 doesn't have security, it should work with any normal drive. It just doesn't work with everything for various reasons. The problem is that those reasons aren't exactly known, so if I buy a random IDE drive not on any of the various scattered lists on the internet, it may or may not work, being so old it may not work to start with. Really needing a permanent solution like we have with CPS3.

If its not security related, then I'd definitely give the SSD and an IDE-SATA adapter a try.

Back