What's new
Hello,
An information......Namco system 256 and the Namco system 246 use the same DVD players? can I disconnect my player from the 246 system and connect it to the 256 system to play Tekken 5?
Thanks

Hello,
An information......Namco system 256 and the Namco system 246 use the same DVD players? can I disconnect my player from the 246 system and connect it to the 256 system to play Tekken 5?
Thanks
Should work without any issues.

Just adding to this thread - I finally got around to testing a bunch of DVD-ROM's with a Namco 246 and Tekken 4 - all of these do work (I tested on two Namco 246's).

Toshiba-Samsung TS-H492 cd-RW/DVD
LG 6SA-H42N Super Multi DVD Rewriter
Lite-On DH-16D2P DVD-ROM Drive (2 of them)
Sony Optiarc DDU1678A DVD-ROM Drive

LG GH22NP20 works for Gundam Seed Destiny/Soul Calibur/Tekken 5DR

Can confirm the attached works in both my 246 & 256 setups, no issues running any game.

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 523
Can confirm the attached works in both my 246 & 256 setups, no issues running any game.
Just bought one on ebay now.... (new - opened but not used) hope it will works as you said...
I tried this combo:

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/startech-40pin-ide-to-sata-adapter-converter-ab66983

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/li...x-internal-oem-dvd-burner-drive-black-ab59322

Despite claiming ODD compatibility, it did not seem to work, I will try with other SATA DVD drives sometime.
Interesting... any update?

Haven't been able to get it to work with anything.

Go with the Simulator, works flawless.

Just adding to this thread - I finally got around to testing a bunch of DVD-ROM's with a Namco 246 and Tekken 4 - all of these do work (I tested on two Namco 246's).

Hello, what is the factory year of the working model LG 6SA-H42N Super Multi DVD Rewriter?
Thanks

Hi, is this the model and year?
Thanks

Attachments

• LG GSA-H42N.jpg
    LG GSA-H42N.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 159
Back