What's new
hoxaFNm_d.jpg

@EvilMike there are 3 holes below where the wires stick out. They are (left to right) 3.3v, 5v, 12v. Use a small screwdriver to get in there and adjust. The decal on the top of the psu should tell you the pins to use when checking the voltage with your multimeter. You have a multimeter right?

If something doesn’t boot in my experience it’s been the 3.3v, but it’s worth checking both 3.3 and 5v. The 12 doesn’t usually need to be spot on.

Aren't there 2 holes on the side the cables come out. One is for adjusting the 3V3 and the other for adjusting the 5V

Ninja'd. Apparently 3

hoxaFNm_d.jpg

@EvilMike there are 3 holes below where the wires stick out. They are (left to right) 3.3v, 5v, 12v. Use a small screwdriver to get in there and adjust. The decal on the top of the psu should tell you the pins to use when checking the voltage with your multimeter. You have a multimeter right?

If something doesn’t boot in my experience it’s been the 3.3v, but it’s worth checking both 3.3 and 5v. The 12 doesn’t usually need to be spot on.
Wow I'm blind as a fucking bat.....

Sure do on the multimeter.

Well it wasn't that.

I've tried booting Atomiswave a couple dozen times now. Several different games. For some reason Dolphin Blue has successfully booted twice. Bios is 4.02. Any ideas?

On mine, it's two little holes in the side of the power supply, use a screwdriver to turn the tiny knobs. I think the holes are labeled 3v and 5v.

Whoops, got here from email and scrolledd up - can't see how delete post. Sorry!
Naomi rulez!
To be helpful, I had to turn up the 5v a couple more times - it's probably at 5.3 or 5.4v now and it's been stable.

Last edited:
Played with the voltage and it doesn't seem to be that.

I've had a new discovery though. I mentioned that Dolphin Blue randomly booted twice. Turns out if the first game I load each day is Atomiswave it'll boot just fine. After that AW won't load again. Even after a power cycle and an attempt to load the same game.

I don't know how long of a break is needed. I left the cab off for two hours yesterday and that wasn't enough. Booted Slug 6 just fine after leaving the cab off over night. So somewhere between 2 and 14 hours.

What could be clearing/resetting/refreshing that wouldn't be cleared with a power cycle?

Thanks,

I'll check my voltages again, I don't want to break anything. Just everything's it hung at boot, if being up the 5 a little bit and that would solve it - I've got the capcom io in-line too, I thought that might have been hogging since if the 5v.

--are any of your settings changed? Like, do you switch anything to English or region/version? I know some games break on different settings-- specifically fotns hangs after intro (post boot) o
If the region is changed (if I remember right)

Possibly a Zero PIC issue since it boots Atomiswave, but my money is still on 3.3v since it boots randomly.

Possibly a Zero PIC issue since it boots Atomiswave, but my money is still on 3.3v since it boots randomly.
I was incorrect in the randomness. It'll boot Atomiswave but only if it is the first game loaded after being powered off for a long period.

Did you find a solution. This happened to me.

Net booted initial D3, worked fine.

Then tried to boot maximum speed, game was loaded, memory chekced good, naomi rebooted and black screen is all that is displayed.

Randomly started working fine a few weeks ago lol. Nothing changed. *shrugs*

I've been having black screen problems intermittently lately with my Naomi 1 and NetDIMM. Sometimes it runs for months without issue but the past month it's been getting a black screen more often. I have the cover off my NetDIMM so I can see if the red and green LEDs light up when turned on. I know right away then if it's going to work or just remain at black screen.

I tried different power outlets and extension cords to see if it makes a difference and occasionally it does. I am guessing, with the sudden onset of black screens, the power supply is a bit temperature/humidity sensitive. Seems to work great when it's warm in the garage and not so great when it's cold and/or rainy outside. If I use the original Marvel vs Capcom cartridge that it was made for, there's never any problem. Seems the NetDimm draws a bit more power that is not being supplied when the temperature fluctuates too much (my unprofessional assumption). I will try adjusting the voltage sometime this week to see if it helps.

In the meantime, is it worth looking into an ATX power supply connected with Naomi to ATX adapter cables?

Thanks!

Those sun supplies start to show their age. You could try a capacitor swap. The problem with an ATX is the fact that the voltages aren't adjustable.
You are never sure what the output of an ATX will be exactly. Some might work fine and others might not.

it's not the PSU, I had the same issue with AW games being hit or miss on my NAOMI2 using an openjvs setup (so jvs IO has its own power) and an ATX PSU with more than enough current on all lines. It turned out it was the multibios all along. I installed the epr-23605b back and now all games just boot and run without any issues whatsoever.

Back