What's new
Hey Undamned, thanks for letting me know about this.

I'll put my hand up for at least one with a possibility of another one depending on price but yeah very interested for sure.

I am very interested in this kit, I have a doubt it will work without lag in the monitor BenQ RL2460?

Hey UD,

Was wondering if there is any ETA on your kits yet?

Still pecking away! It appears I'm about a year behind, as I wish to repeat last years goals: "my goal is to have a demo for people to play with at EVO 201[8] and have full production kits available late this year." Progress is continual, just slower than I'd like. I'll try to post more photos/updates as I go, to at least give people a sense that things are indeed happening :D

I'm currently finishing up the main processor board which will be mounted to the bottom of the CPS2 PCB. Ribbon cables will go up to another board on top with the controller ports, LEDs, etc.
-ud

Last edited:
Still pecking away! It appears I'm about a year behind, as I wish to repeat last years goals: "my goal is to have a demo for people to play with at EVO 201[8] and have full production kits available late this year." Progress is continual, just slower than I'd like. I'll try to post more photos/updates as I go, to at least give people a sense that things are indeed happening :D

I'm currently finishing up the main processor board which will be mounted to the bottom of the CPS2 PCB. Ribbon cables will go up to another board on top with the controller ports, LEDs, etc.
-ud
Best of luck brother! Your work is part of what lead me here. I can certainly appreciate undertaking such an ambitious project! May the best of probability, luck and randomness be on your side sir!

Joined the forum just to keep tabs on this. Discovered the UD-CPS2 on youtube and my jaw hit the floor. This is literally a holy grail for me. Open ordering cannot come soon enough!

If there is a list already please put me on it as well

Thanks so far for your efforts!

I would like a kit when they are available. This sounds like the best way to do CPS2, grab the digital audio/video before it gets converted to analog. Great stuff.

I am excited. Undamned said that he wanted to have a demo of a kit at EVO 2018. Let’s hope for the best.

Undamned was kind enough to allow us to use his UD-CPS2 + Marq's HDMI mod as a warm-up/casuals station for the Vampire Savior tournament.

Got to say, it was super amazing. Definitely will be working to convert my boards when the time comes.

Thanks again!

Recently built up some of Marqs' Rev.2 HDMI boards:

And installed:

Brought 2 demo units to EVO 2018 and set them up for casuals matches in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Vampire Savior areas. Sadly I was running around doing a bunch of stuff and didn't get to ask opinions from the VSAV guys, but I watched some ST guys play for a bit and got some opinions. One guy was die-hard CRT fan, so it was strange for him, even with simulated scanlines. Another guy thought it looked fine. My curiosity was not about performance (we are talking a few scanlines of latency. See my previous CRT vs LCD lag testing video) but aesthetics. Like a dummy I forgot to take photos while I was there, but it was a great time :D

-ud

Back