What's new
I have solved updating net dimm 2.06!
Must use a router unmanaged switch didn't work unless a router was also connected.
"Must open command prompt as admin"
Type CD <path-of-folder-containing-transfergame+update.bin>
Type TransferGame.exe <naomisIP> <filename.bin> -f
Hope that helps anyone who is stuck!!

Must use a router unmanaged switch didn't work unless a router was also connected.
were you not using just a cross-over cable before?
I tried all sorts of combinations, first attempts were crossover cable couldn't ping. The only way I could get it to ping was with a router or a switch with a router plugged into the switch. Then the whole admin rights trouble.

maybe worth to mention:
one guy I know successfully updated his regular DIMM with 1.02 directly to 4.02 - desoldered flashrom, programmed it with joined 3.17 + 4.02 binary, solder it back. works as a charm in result.

not sure why people bother with all that "update to 3.17 then 4.01 then 4.02" chain...

maybe worth to mention:
one guy I know successfully updated his regular DIMM with 1.02 directly to 4.02 - desoldered flashrom, programmed it with joined 3.17 + 4.02 binary, solder it back. works as a charm in result.
yes, that's mentioned in the top post and there's a link to instructions for doing that in the second post.

not sure why people bother with all that "update to 3.17 then 4.01 then 4.02" chain...
I don't think anyone is suggesting to do that, unless I missed something?

I don't think anyone is suggesting to do that, unless I missed something?
Older info around the net in other forums have perpetuated that the path to 4.02 must go through 3.17. But forum members here discovered that isn't the case.

Interesting, I'd never heard that suggested for a net-dimm update. Though don't some of the official firmware update discs require a path like that?

yes, that's mentioned in the top post and there's a link to instructions for doing that in the second post.
in both posts mentioned you should program it first to 3.17 over 1.02, and then update to 4.0x via netboot. which is not possible if person have only regular non-Net DIMM. and actually not needed since flash rom may be programmed directly to 4.02.

in both posts mentioned you should program it first to 3.17 over 1.02, and then update to 4.0x via netboot. which is not possible if person have only regular non-Net DIMM. and actually not needed since flash rom may be programmed directly to 4.02.
Legend out there on the net says going directly to 4.02 using the soldering update technique, bricks your regular Dimm. So legend advises to flash program the bios to 3.17. Then netboot to 4.02.

This may or may not be true. But that has been perpetuated since I got into the hobby 2.5 years ago. There are also plenty of bricked regular Dimms that bricked due to the firmware upgrade process too. Exact causes for that however are unknown. But they do brick going from 1.xx via soldering technique on the way to 4.02, however they get there.

I’m looking for the firmware updates. The links from the other forum don’t seem to be up any longer. Anyone have the 4.01 and 4.02 updates? My netdimm is 3.03

You can't copy and paste my links, or it won't include the user account/password (which is guest) just click on it. :P

f t p : / / g u e s t : g u e s t @ j a s s i n 0 0 0 . d d n s . n e t / R o o t / P i F o r c e T o o l s / n e t d i m m _ 4 0 2 . 7 z

Or copy that and remove ALL the spaces...

I did just click, but on an iPad so maybe that is the problem. I’ll try on my PC tonight. Thanks!

I tried from 3.03 to 4.02 and it didn't work. so maybe I do need to go to 4.01 first? here is what I got when I tried.

Update, after reseating the dimm board and trying again, eventually it worked! I did go directly from 3.03 to 4.02.

Now I’m having the gateway cannot be found crap. Maybe bad zero key? That’s my guess.

Attachments

• A38D3934-1553-4FCF-9E20-6C218CF47399.jpeg
    A38D3934-1553-4FCF-9E20-6C218CF47399.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Guys i recently acquired a naomi netdimm. I gotta check what version of the firmware it is on. But if its on a older version can i push the updates to the netdimm using a raspi with Pi-Force Tools or do i have to do it using a pc connected directly to the netdimm? Also will i have to use a cross over cable?

I pushed the 4.02 update to my DIMM using Pi Force, I used a cross over cable yes but I was later told I didn't need too (Pi auto detects the network type/mode).

Back