What's new
Dont forget to have some more space for the upcoming extra features... ;)

But was it a dream or have I read somewhere that a SD card is included?

Last edited:
You could order a 16GB card for +€10 or so from saveyourgame with the MVS cart

Uh... I can't tell the difference between thos two other than the price. :P

16GB should be fine even for the future, the current size is just under 10GB and we've basically got all the ROMs now (maybe just a few revisions/regions/bootlegs missing).

BVcKwh6.jpg

Oh yea! :thumbsup:

Guys this thing is so awesome.
I hope you had a moment of silence for the poor World Heroes cart that sacrificed its case for the multi prototype :P

I hope you had a moment of silence for the poor World Heroes cart that sacrificed its case for the multi prototype
I needed a cheap cart shell and it was only $10 on ebay with a shit label. The pcbs are safely tucked away for later. :)

16GB should be fine even for the future, the current size is just under 10GB and we've basically got all the ROMs now (maybe just a few revisions/regions/bootlegs missing).
:) ok, so i will buy the cheaper one! it is a Samsung Evo, it would be OK, am I right?!

:) ok, so i will buy the cheaper one! it is a Samsung Evo, it would be OK, am I right?!
Samsung Evos work on every one of Darksoft's multis, I have used everything from a 16Gb to 64gb and they have worked.

Last edited:
There should be no practical reason why a SanDisk with a decent read/write would not work. I concede that testing may have been done with a Samsung, thereby making it more of a sure thing, but let's not get crazy here. :)

For me, a lot of the sandisk cards/flash drives have always given me issues with various systems in one way or another.

As with anything, avoid the bootlegs :)

I have some Sandisk cards that work just fine, others (like a 16gb highspeed which could in fact be a bootleg) failed to read properly in the ST-V.
The cards that have worked for me every time have been Samsung EVOs, so it's what I recommend.

If you already own a Sandisk card, yea try it first... Chances are it works just fine.
But if you are shopping for a microSD to use with a Darksoft device, yea get a Samsung.

I have some Sandisk cards that work just fine, others (like a 16gb highspeed which could in fact be a bootleg) failed to read properly in the ST-V.
The cards that have worked for me every time have been Samsung EVOs, so it's what I recommend.

If you already own a Sandisk card, yea try it first... Chances are it works just fine.
But if you are shopping for a microSD to use with a Darksoft device, yea get a Samsung.
The last help thread I made was due to a faulty sandisk (possible boot) in my ST-V.

It's annoying for sure but the files are backed up and I keep a few sd's on hand just in case.

ok! thanks!

I may need this thread, so let's flag it fo future updates. :!:

Checking some features.

My understanding is that the cart can't load a game directly from cold start, just like a ordinary game?
It always needs to load from SD?

Arent there any menu-options for removing the files to tell the cart to load slot2 and slot3 other than manually delete from SD?

No, once the games are loaded to the slots they are instantly playable after rebooting (reboot is optional).

You can also change the cart behavior to boot directly to slot 1 (no menu is shown) and you can chnage between the 3 slot by holding up + start for 3 seconds.

Checking some features.

My understanding is that the cart can't load a game directly from cold start, just like a ordinary game?
It always needs to load from SD?

Arent there any menu-options for removing the files to tell the cart to load slot2 and slot3 other than manually delete from SD?
In the same menu where you choose which games to load, you can also delete a game from a slot, so it wont be loaded on power up.

No, once the games are loaded to the slots they are instantly playable after rebooting (reboot is optional).
is this right? I thought I'd read it as the roms need to flash on every boot, because it was volatile memory.

I thought I'd read it as the roms need to flash on every boot
On every COLD boot, a warm boot (aka a soft reboot) if nothing has changed is instant load.
If you have changed a game/slot it will need time to reprogram that slot, the more slots you load and the larger the ROM you load the longer this process takes.

Back