What's new
Thumbs up this post if you like the lack of Beverly Hills COP/Axel Foley music in the newest vid!!!!!!

;) :D
The Project X (Amiga) theme song is pretty amazing, but I'm voting for lazerhawk's 'King of the streets' for the next one :)

Not negativity at ALL. Mitsu solicited feedback for future releases. Personally, I am 100% excited that we're close to a pre-order and releases.
I could care less about the software right now, as long as it plays the games.

Are there any pics available of the MVS cartridge itself? I love the menu vids, but super curious to the actual 'thing' :D

Thanks for the video update!

Really nice seeing it in action. I've been dealing with a 161 and magic key for AES.
It sucks really bad and I hate it for lots of reasons. One be stability.

I for one can't wait for the AES version to come out.
I'm totally satisfied with the feature set you guys have implemented.
Just being able to load and not see weird bars mid game is worth it for me.

Thanks again for being so transparent with development.

It would be cool to see the protos too and the evolution into the final pcb. :)

That could happen after the release.

Right now the competition is desperate and trying to get anything they can to disparage this effort. It's sad.

EDIT I felt the need to mention what I've read and thank people for not piling on, stooping to his level. ;)

Last edited:
Great to see such a good response to some critique. Exactly why I have been hanging in there.

as long as there is a minimalist menu, Im down. videos, screenshots and music are for MAME cabinets :p

I may be in the minority here regarding this cart's ability to boot to a single game, but it is really the deciding factor for me as to whether I will buy this cart. I have been asking for months if the cart can be configured to load a single game and act like a regular neg geo cart. My hope is that the cart could be placed in an MV4 with three other real carts where the player can press the game select button and switch between all fours carts. From what I am seeing in the video, this does not seem to be the case. If I am wrong, I would love to see video of the cart being setup to work in this fashion.

Mmm what do you mean exactly? Because in the video you are seeing many times how the multi is booting a single game directly.

Or do you mean that you would like to deactivate the possibility to go to the menu and load another game?

If you copy only one game to the SD, you will only be able to boot that game anyway.

Or do you mean something else?

He wants to see it running on a multi slot pcb. That video will come later on.

I may be in the minority here regarding this cart's ability to boot to a single game, but it is really the deciding factor for me as to whether I will buy this cart. I have been asking for months if the cart can be configured to load a single game and act like a regular neg geo cart. My hope is that the cart could be placed in an MV4 with three other real carts where the player can press the game select button and switch between all fours carts. From what I am seeing in the video, this does not seem to be the case. If I am wrong, I would love to see video of the cart being setup to work in this fashion.
My understanding was that this would work - but when you get to the multi-cart you could, if you wanted, go into the menu and select another game. I'm not sure if anyone's tried it though.

This operation does not really work with the 161-1 cart, it will switch games but then they don't work for some reason.

Personally I love the slot idea, I'm going to load the 3 games I mostly care about at any given time and be happy to easily pick from them. I honestly couldn't care less about scrolling through the whole library to pick games most times.

That's why it's impossible to please everyone. :)

Maybe one option in the menu could be to select which slots are being loaded at the beginning, slot1, 1+2 or 1-3,
even without being deleted from the slot list.
(I know that the video showed how it works with manually deleting the files and that this will
later be implemented)

Wow. I just got a response on my video from a guy that was attacked by the NeoSD fanboys at NG.com when he mentioned he was excited for our cart. They attacked him with a bunch of blatant lies. I don't read anything over there at all anymore so I was a bit surprised that they are stopping even this low though I know what they are capable of there.

Here is the truth:

1. I do not edit any glitches out of my vids. I can make the RAW footage available. Jeez.
2. Using RAM does not prevent the games from running 100% correctly.
3. Only 1 game does not pass CRC checks. MSX. This was mentioned before.
4. Roms are not hacked to allow the user to get back into the menu or switch slots. The x-in-1 multicarts do this. We do not. The cart detects the button presses on it's own.

EDIT: I guess it was a NeoSD Facebook group. I'm sure it's populated by The same members, though, since ng.com is the unofficial home page for NeoSD.

Mitsurugi is correct. I'd like to see how to configure the cart to work in an MV4 with three other real carts. Currently, I have metal slug, puzzle bobble and samurai showdown carts in slots 1,2 and 3. In slot 4 I have a 138 in 1 cart using a dip switch to select a single game. When the 138 in 1 is configured like this it works like a single standalone cart, no menu, it just plays the game that is selected like a real cart(no load times). With this setup I can switch between all four carts with the game select button on the neo geo control panel. I'd like to know if the MVS Multi can/will work in this way as well.

As people will know I have the Neosd product that I feel is exceptional. I will also be taking delivery of my Taito F3 Cart tomorrow so I am invested in both companies and some smashing products. I also dont like the pissing from the ng camp but I also like facts and as such run my life on them.

Carry on doing what you do, and whatever dont antagonise the other crowd. Keep it professional at all times. This has also been mentioned over there. Yes there is bad blood, but I believe you will succeed with your product. You have done it with your other pcb's. Nobody else bothered on the planet.

One thing I do agree with is the display attachment leaves the boards feeling a bit unfinished. I do like even a very basic on screen text. But thats just the customer being picky.

Please note that I am trying to be balanced and not on a hate campaign. I benefit from all arcade projects. :)

Back