What's new
I'm not going to drop names as it happened over a year ago now. I did kind of get him back by signing him up for lots of physical junk mail. Anything I could find: Bosley, PETA, Green Peace, etc.

The guy even said I was racist because of an "Engrishy" note in the package. Yeah dude, that was written by my girlfriend from Yokohama who packed the box. Total dick.

That site can burn in hell.
Agreed, most of those guys suck. They don't care about actually playing games, only justifying over-priced collections that impress nobody outside of the forum. Know how many of my friends complain about my MVS using a 161 in 1 or my Genesis using an Everdrive? Not a god damn one.

Well I respectfully request that you not mention it as there is bad blood between the sites and this place wants no drama.

We can't change the past, let's just set a good example :D
Agreed. I love how everyone here helps each other and there is no such thing as a dumb question. I've never seen any rudeness based off someone being new to the forum. The overall vibe is that people here are about sharing their knowledge and actively helping those with questions. The complete polar opposite of the mouth breathing snobs over at NG.

For the record, I only mentioned anything to possibly expose a scammer.

Feel free to rip on the site...we're used to it, lol. I know too many people there to leave. It's not newb friendly yet so many fit right in.

Also, two people there caused the rift but we received this awesome site in the end.

Oh the neo Geo forums.. those neckbeards that crap on everything that isn't authentic and start a verbal world war when a roach farts.. yeah those guys are cancer

I had two dudes who kept me from buying a copy of neo drift out which was sold to someone else moments after I said I'd buy it.. and I got called a scammer after saying I'd buy said game..

I've been installing a lot of UltraHDMI kits for people and one thing that annoys me is that I have to train every user on how to use features like IGR (In-Game Reset) because there is no mention in the User Guide. There is mention in the updated installation guide but the whole point of having a separate user guide and installation guide is to isolate the user from that stuff.

As a consequence of it being added in a firmware update, the option is disabled by default and shoved under a seemingly contradictory option. "Disable Hotkeys: No, No+IGR, Yes, Yes+IGR." "Disable Hotkey" originally just referred to the buttons that invoke the very menu the user is navigating, which is conveniently explained on the provided sticker that goes on the underside of the modded console. You can re-enable by booting with no cartridge.

I bring it up because I see a similar issue with the Multi: once direct-boot is enabled, users might not know how to get back to the menu. Can we get a little note on the cartridge label that tells users how to bring up the menu? That would side-step a lot of this, since the other fairly self-explanatory options will then be accessible. I do suggest working the other hotkeys into the menu somewhere for a user to learn without looking it up online or consulting a manual.

Having the menu hotkey on the label with the other hotkeys in the menu ensures that users have access to all the info they need even if they come across this cart loose in the distant future. Granted, custom software may change everything but then I say that the people installing custom software should consider a sticker/label. :)

I already see that there has been confusion between the three "slots" on the Multi and the physical slot-switching that the MVS is already known for. Might I suggest renaming these to something else, like Blocks or Faves (Preload Blocks/Fastload Favorites if you're not into the whole brevity thing)?

While I understand that making major changes to the menu isn't going to happen at this point, these may be possible to implement just as text/wording changes (and label art isn't a menu anyway). The other hotkeys can just be listed on the relevant menus so that users only need to poke around/explore after reading the menu hotkey on the label. They'll have everything they need to make full use of it.

good point. We'll provide instructions in off and some videos.

Besides that we have this forum to support each one of you.

Yep. Glad to find you guys, so the forums will work great for me. :) I'm also thinking about future users who may not be original purchasers and aren't registered here.

Perhaps you're unaware, but there's almost zero public information online for this thing if you aren't registered here. This is due to the forum software not allowing unregistered users to see the relevant threads. I only know thanks to RetroRGB mentioning it, which probably prompted quite a few sign-ups! Even with his mention I had no way to know that this was the right place at first and I even registered at other places just to ask.

The situation is improving with the few demonstration videos and such trickling out but the vast majority of potential buyers don't even know what's it's called or what to search for and would never come across those without registering here first. It would be awesome to have something I can link to when I find some place worth sharing it.

Last edited:
I just googled Darksoft and the forums were the second item.

What were you searching?

Most arcade forums mention the site also.

Is there a FAQ for noobs like me on what is needed to use this setup somewhere?

Last edited:
Here is Plasia's super quick FAQ:

You will need the following to get the Darksoft MVS Multi Cart running:
1. A Neo Geo MVS setup and ready for action (not AES)
2. A good fresh 8GB+ SD card
3. A way to get files onto the SD card reader

So that's all you do to prepare for now!

When you get it... the procedure will be something like this
1. Receive the multicart, rejoice
2. Place your roms on the SD card according to the directions given
3. Put the SD card in the multicart and the multicart in the Neo Geo
4. Turn the power on

It's really quite simple!

Nice!!!

After watching the video, I have now one strong reason to stop using the Bootleg RazBIOS and to go back to the good old official one. :thumbup:

Just ordered mine but forgot to out my user name on the order number

Back