What's new

SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
Street Fighter 3 4th Strike Arrange Edition is very interesting hack for Sf3rd strike. It tweaks lots of moves and breath some fresh air into dated third strike
You can check out how it looks like + download links via the youtube url below:

Would it be possible to run this game on CPS3 Darksoft setup? I'd love to get this up and running on my actual cabinet instead of using MAME.

What happens if you convert the hacked *.CHD (compressed hard drive image) into *.ISO and burn to disc?

I suspect they've also hacked the *.BIN rom files as well, which makes this more difficult to load on actual hardware... At least from my understanding of how the CPS3 hardware works.

*UPDATE*

I actually looked at it and yea its a rom hack... Seems to use the noCD JPN version so thats all it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only finishing touch that hack needs, is to use the backgrounds from New Generation.

Anyone tried it on actual hardware yet?

Anyone tried it on actual hardware yet?
I quickly looked at the 'Mame Plus Ash-Build' source and the romset and found out this hack is built on the 990608 (version B) version of 3rd strike. The driver has a dependency on the sfiii3n romset (990608 no cd japan version), which means it relies on the SF3.3 encryption.

Due to the hack being encrypted, this will not run with Darksoft's super bios, unless the original author releases it for the super bios (or Darksoft decrypts it himself).

I do think however you could construct a SF3 4th Strike ISO from the sfiii4rd romset. You would need to have a SF3.3 working cartridge, it should load the data and play just fine.

If the CPSIII doesn't want to load the data the 'normal' way, you can fire up a super bios cart, and manually load the simm data one at a time. Again, you would need a working SF3.3 cart to actually play the game.

I would test this however I only have Super Bios carts at this time.

Perhaps you can try to contact original author of the hack (zsnsn) via youtube.

There is links to download IPS patch file on the youtube link

Hello!

I'm uploading a new version of the CD for Standard processor that has replaced the B Version of 3rd Strike with this 4th Strike.

Anyone wants to try????

I'd like to see a SF3:3S PRO version, no blocks, only parries. But the parry would add a little health back.

Probably yes, but that's quite time consuming. I'll let you know when I get my hands on it.

ran this on my cps3 last night and it ran pretty good. I didn't play long enough to tell if there was any issues but from what I've seen it worked well. I ran it off of the scsi to sd adapter.

Back