What's new
Is there a list of all changes between the different HAS revisions somewhere?

I have an old Arcade PCB coming to me (Castlevania HAUNTED CASTLE) and I'm thinking to make a wooden case to "console" it. So that if I later buy some another arcade board, I could switch the PCB there and play that one. So I have a few questions:

If I buy these:
HAS V3.2 supergun
Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter
HD15 adapter PCB.
And the powersupply mentioned here which works great with HAS.

It should work with my JAMMA arcade board from 1988? I have a Sony BVM monitor which I would like to use with that. It has SCART to BNC adapter on it and a Joytech SCART switch beneath that. So I would need to get that 8pin din to SCART. Could I use this inside my "console" and then use just a normal RGB SCART cable between the console and RGB switch? And then if for some reason I would like to play with modern PC screen with VGA in it, would I be able to use that HD15 adapter with it?

Sorry for the newbie questions, just wan't to make sure to get the right set.

It should work with my JAMMA arcade board from 1988?
Yes, it's a JAMMA PCB, so it will work.
So I would need to get that 8pin din to SCART. Could I use this inside my "console" and then use just a normal RGB SCART cable between the console and RGB switch?
The cable from your link won't work, because its Scart connector is wired for Scart "input". It must be wired for "output".
And then if for some reason I would like to play with modern PC screen with VGA in it, would I be able to use that HD15 adapter with it?
No, it won't work with the PC monitor, because the adapter doesn't do any video upscaling (it wouldn't cost 10-12 EUR and wasn't so tiny if it did).

OK, thanks for clearing it out!

You had these under "Sold", does it mean that you don't manufacture these anymore?

• 8pin mini DIN -> female Scart adapter - 12 EUR (not pictured, but also includes a 2xRCA to 3.5mm jack adapter; 20-30cm long).

c1.staticflickr.com/1/620/31819959315_af77398ecb.jpg

• RGB to Composite Video/S-Video adapter. Based on the popular Sony CXA2075 IC - 35 EUR

c1.staticflickr.com/1/156/31326698420_7aeac7869b.jpg

Would that "8pin mini DIN -> female Scart adapter" work on my SCART Switch and BVM? And since the VGA is not an working option, I could have used S-video when playing on newer displays/OLED TV via my Marantz (If you still are making those RGB to composite/s-video adapters).

I wouldn't consolize if I were you... Rather I would get a nice plexi case made for the PCB.
Then its protected, nice looking and you can still easily play/swap to other JAMMA boards.

HAS is a modular/expandable device, and a OSSC is a multi functional scaler...
Don't limit yourself, these components are designed to support tons of JAMMA PCBs, not just one.

Check out my R-Type for example...
gzQ5IEM.jpg

I could have used S-video when playing on newer displays/OLED TV via my Marantz (If you still are making those RGB to composite/s-video adapters).
Uh... Yea... IF you wanted it to look like total shit you sure could. :S
You see ALL modern TV's, even IF they support 240p video modes via a input like component or s-video... Don't treat the video input as progressive, but interlaced.

If you want the full explanation as to why this is I suggest you Google double strike electron beams in a cathode-ray tube.
I'll give you the boiled down version... 240 progressive is infact a hack of the tubes 480 interlaced mode, only its not updating the interlaced B field, its double striking the A field.
So its kinda interlaced, at least that's how the TV sees it, but the B field isn't used.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't consolize if I were you... Rather I would get a nice plexi case made for the PCB.
Then its protected, nice looking and you can still easily play/swap to other JAMMA boards.

HAS is a modular/expandable device, and a OSSC is a multi functional scaler...
Don't limit yourself, these components are designed to support tons of JAMMA PCBs, not just one.
This is true. I'm still considering the whole consolizing thing. My friend made this really cool Contra + Super C Arcade PCB console so got the idea from there (picture below).

That plexi case would be so much easier to switch. I had this wooden PS4 style case on my mind where I would add HAS, power supply and the arcade PCB. Get neogeo control ports out of the front and SCART RGB out behind. The problem is that these arcade PCB's seem to come in al lkind of shapes and forms, so probably would not fit many of the kind on that wooden case. Unless I made it huge, and I'm already short in space :D

But yeah, I waged through almost all of these 106 pages and seems that I'm not the only one who has problems with the 8pin din to SCART RGB. All the links I found to those "nintendo 8 pin din to RGB SCART lead" were out of stock. So I guess my best option is to go with the PS2 SCART cable (and order right kind of cable for that), or make one myself. If I end up with wooden console, I might just make it my self and use that female SCART end on the back of my console. But for now I'm definitely starting to tip on the plexi case and supergun solution!

I will but my pre-order on the form!

Attachments

• wooden.jpg
    wooden.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 273
  • ContraSupergun42.JPG
    ContraSupergun42.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
I can confirm that Haunted Castle plays 100% perfect with the HAS as I was playing it right before I sold my HAS on Monday.

Man, what a hard fucking game!

I used an OSSC to get it to display on a modern TV and I suggest picking that up if you ever grab more PCBs.

This is what i did as a home consolized HAS with an jamma extender by @The Spaniard and of course a OSSC with scart adaptor to 8 pindin .. plus i play my ps4 on this monitor too (Ben Q Zowie) @nassekova

Attachments

• FE04A8E9-2FC0-424F-B928-15679D5551DB.jpeg
    FE04A8E9-2FC0-424F-B928-15679D5551DB.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 286
  • F4CFFB86-0799-4E2A-B9E6-51746F3C6FF9.jpeg
    F4CFFB86-0799-4E2A-B9E6-51746F3C6FF9.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 314
  • EAA4AD00-EF64-4133-9F9D-364C10EC31AC.jpeg
    EAA4AD00-EF64-4133-9F9D-364C10EC31AC.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 350
  • ED6A3A8D-E693-4CF7-A512-F1669197B8EC.jpeg
    ED6A3A8D-E693-4CF7-A512-F1669197B8EC.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 320
  • 2A513A4B-41EA-4FDD-83CB-4B5F87A43036.jpeg
    2A513A4B-41EA-4FDD-83CB-4B5F87A43036.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 318
Hi RGB ! (and all the community)
As a new member on this forum, I would like to know if your HAS can support a kickharness for Mortal Kombat 2 pcb ? If yes, could you supply it ?
I am interested in your HAS, I have pre-ordered one, but I have received no reply from you.
Thanks for your help.

As a new member on this forum, I would like to know if your HAS can support a kickharness for Mortal Kombat 2 pcb ?
Not directly, the HAS as its sold comes with a CPS2/3 style kick harness only.
So you would pair this (CPS2/3 lead) with an adapter like the JNX Raiden (adapts for MK1/MK2/MK3/CPS1).
u0Sez5h.jpg

The biggest problem you'll have with MK2 won't be the kicks...
Rather with my favorite upscaler, the OSSC.
For this reason I've gotta say unless you also plan on purchasing a iScan VP30/VP50/VP50 Pro to pair with the OSSC...
Look for another solution like the xRGB Mini "Framemeister" which works without issue, or a SCART-to-Component adapter to use with a CRT.

All this is needed...
oyPhKQ6.jpg

Just to get this...
nYyq1NA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what i did as a home consolized HAS with an jamma extender by @The Spaniard and of course a OSSC with scart adaptor to 8 pindin .. plus i play my ps4 on this monitor too (Ben Q Zowie) @nassekova
I love this, the level of OCD organisation skills is great. Love how neat everything is.

I hope to achieve something like this one day.

There's also this cable - retrogamingcables.co.uk/jamma-…tellivision-Panasonic-3DO
Wow, nice! I think I can cancel that PS2 adapter on my order now and get this instead! Thanks.
Man, what a hard fucking game!
Yea, seen some video on it and it's definitely a Castlevania game :D

Really nice and clean looking setup you got there @KingSopz ! Where do you guys get those plexi cases for your PCBs?

Hi Jassin000,
First I thank you for your reply about my question regarding MK II kickharness and HAS.
Sorry, but I still need an explanation. Here is my problem :
As I live in Switzerland, I have purchased a MAK Strike from Germany to be used with a framemeister XRGB mini, but it was impossible to get all buttons available with it for MK II (even with a kickharness with MAK Strike). After many threads with forums on internet, I discovered as well the trouble with the voltage peak when switching on pcb with MAK Strike supergun, whats scares me (I have burned a konami pcb and it should explain the reason why). That's a little bit too much for me with Strike MAK supergun.
I would like now to change of Supergun.
I would be interested to purchase a HAS Supergun.
On your thread, you write I need : a Suzo/Happ 130Watt PowerPro (I get one similar), a JNX Raiden (I will purchase), a HAS (I have preordered one two days ago, I hope RGB will reply me), the MK2 PCB (I get one) and a iScan VP30 and a OSSC.
Here is my question : Can my Framemeister XRGB mini replace iScan VP30 and a OSSC ?
If yes, is a MD8 Mini Din 8 Minidin 8 pin MM 6 ft cable sufficient ?
If no, what extra stuff do you advise me ?
Sorry for my question, but I am a newbie with arcade stuff.
Thanks and Best regards,
Chris

Hey @RGB, would a custom 8 pin mini din to 15 pin dsub cable would work with the HAS? Or can you only get this output with the 8pin to HD15 adapter?

Back