What's new
Just an update:

My friend Jeremy doesn’t have access to a brake press so manufacturing a case would be a no go for him. He did say he could make thick, industrial looking faceplates though.

I’m still willing to help out with a drawing, but we need to figure out what exactly we want and a parts list.

Ex: we going flat like a MK30 or boxy like a Sigma or Windy City?

My idea was to have a flat rectangle style rather than a tall box/rectangle.

I’m thinking the same, but, that way does take a lot of real estate. My MK30 for example takes up an entire shelf.

Attachments

• 623F315D-B6E9-440A-B8B0-6E5AEAA2BA8A.jpeg
    623F315D-B6E9-440A-B8B0-6E5AEAA2BA8A.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 275
Yeah, I guess then the possibility is to make it deeper rather than longer?

I think this is starting to drift off the point of this thread as it is for the HAS system specifically. Perhaps it'd be worthwhile to make a thread in the project ideas section and you may garner support from other readers to provide ideas as well.

An OSSC solution for HAS V1-V2.1 owners or V3-V3.1 who don't want to stack another module:

40152428514_168141e6e7.jpg

This one needs an 8pin mini DIN to 8pin mini DIN cable (pins must connect straight through end to end), the same cable you'd use to join HAS and XRGB mini. Get your PCB here - https://oshpark.com/profiles/RGB just two extra parts needed - a male HD15 connector (VGA style) and an 8pin mini DIN connector.

The advantage of connecting HAS to the OSSC via the VGA connector is that it can sync with the Taito F3.

Find one for the NES with mini-DIN 8 and no components. Retroaccess makes one, but I don't know about RGC.

bought one from Retroaccess. does not work. just dont want to go through whole bunch of complication again.

The one from Tim Worthington works (originally for NESRGB), haven't found another compatible cable yet. Asked RGC by email, they don't build them.

This won't work "out of the box" and would need to be re-wired. The female Scart connector is wired for input instead of output. The same story with the latter adapter, but even more complicated because it uses the sync stripper which is unnecessary for HAS or arcade boards in general.

I'll design a Scart module PCB for HAS V3 and V3.1 and upload to OSH Park so that you can order the PCBs, and also try to offer such adapters myself soon.

If you've ordered a cable from Retro Access and it doesn't work, you should reach out to her. She is extremely helpful and will work with you to resolve your problem.

My understanding is that this is the cable that would be needed for the HAS: https://retro-access.com/collection...-stereo-rgb-scart-lead-for-rgb-upgrade-boards

If that's the one you got, it would be good to understand what's incompatible about it so that when others order cables from her, they can get them made to spec for the HAS.

Doesn't Mini-DIN to SCART work with the OSSC? how come VGA is preferable?

Would this work with HAS > OSSC ?

Last edited:
Back