What's new
if we’re talking about OSSC 1.5 or earlier, while I’m right (you must use SCART for audio) with 1.6.
Interesting, I have a 1.5 pure (no audio add-on) and a 1.6... I just assumed they were the same in this respect.
But I've never actually fed the 1.6 audio via 3.5mm jack, so I would have been surprised to see it NOT work. :P

I bought this like 6 months ago and with life being crazy I just finally got a chance to hook this up. My other toy the OSSC 1.6 I used for the first time too. Hook both of them up to a couple games and everything looked amazing!

Its pretty straight forward.

Get the blue cable and label the wires 1A to 6A. Cut the CPS2 side plug off.

For the white wires Label the CPS2 end as 1B to 6B and the HAS end 1C to 6C

The switch is wired like this picture.
Im lazy and only labelled one side but you get the idea.

8H32pz4.jpg

When cutting the white cable only cut 1 wire at a time, so the cable lengths are staggered.
This way you end up with a nice tight bunch of wires that have an unaltered length compared to the ones we didn't cut.
Ill let you guys figure out how to get the heatshrink over it :P
ZbbtZWo.png

twP1rci.jpg
Ok, so who is making these? Need like 4 :)

any chance for update with save more map button (For exemple: 1) mvs, 2) cps 3) shinobi)

any chance for update with save more map button (For exemple: 1) mvs, 2) cps 3) shinobi)
Can you explain what you mean ?

The HAS already has remapping built in.

It will work with MVS out of the box because 1 slot MVS motherboards are standard JAMMA

In addition if you use Undamned's USB decoders they can also remap ;)

Can you explain what you mean ?
The HAS already has remapping built in.

It will work with MVS out of the box because 1 slot MVS motherboards are standard JAMMA

In addition if you use Undamned's USB decoders they can also remap ;)
I think he means saving different button mapping presets, with an easy way to toggle between them, without having to redo the mapping from scratch.

Regards.

Locutus73

Just some map in save you can select. Map one time for all system and jump on right map when you connect a cystem.

How many mappings would really be necessary?
For a 6 button joystick / controller I could see the practicality of 2 presets:

Preset 1:

4 5 6
1 2 3

Preset 2:

1 2 3
4 5 6

Perhaps even:

2 3 4
1 5 6

Remapping mode -> Hold down 3 buttons and Start, Select Mode 1, 2 or 3?

I guess user configurable saves would be a whole other issue though...

How many mappings would really be necessary?
For a 6 button joystick / controller I could see the practicality of 2 presets:

Preset 1:

4 5 6
1 2 3

Preset 2:

1 2 3
4 5 6

Perhaps even:

2 3 4
1 5 6

Remapping mode -> Hold down 3 buttons and Start, Select Mode 1, 2 or 3?

I guess user configurable saves would be a whole other issue though...
THX
I am newbie, what's preset needed for CPS1,2,3? In your exemple 1 or 2. I assume that it's possibleto make a preset compatible CPS1,2,3 & common game with 3 button like shinobie (a=shoot, b= jump, c=bomb) & shmup (a=shoot, b= bomb, c=autofire).
The problem is MVS game 4 button. I lke aligned button, note that I use PS2 HRAP.
how do it?
I can buy Neo Geo stick....But I dont like it. or mod it in sanwa...
img_2056.jpg

Is this the cable that is needed from the HAS to the 1.6 OSSC?

https://retro-access.com/collection...-stereo-rgb-scart-lead-for-rgb-upgrade-boards

Or can I go for the regular shielded one at $19?

It also says

"Coax versions of this cable feature a small 3.5mm audio pigtail connected at the din end. Non coax versions have an isolated audio line connected at the SCART end. If your mod has audio connected in the din socket, please go here for this basic 8 pin din to SCART:"

Is this the cable that is needed from the HAS to the 1.6 OSSC?
If you are passing audio from the HAS/JAMMA edge over via the SCART port to the OSSC 1.6 you want a 8-pin mini-din to SCART cable.

If you are bypassing the HAS/JAMMA edge and pulling audio directly from an arcade PCB's RCA connector (like CPS2 for example)...
You'll want a version of the above (8-pin mini-din to SCART) that includes audio input (often in the form of 3.5mm so a RCA-to-3.5mm cable would also be required).

@Locutus73 shared a nice solution for something like this...
5vw8q7Z.jpg

Remember that is only required if you want external audio (aka not JAMMA edge audio) on a OSSC 1.6.
If you have a OSSC 1.5 with audio add-on you'll want a RCA-to-3.5mm cable and go directly to OSSC's audio-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the cable with audio input will not work if you take sound off the Jamma edge?

I will initially be running CPS2 so can just take the sound from the RCA into the audio input which will go to the 1.6 OSSC then I imagine can go via HDMI to the monitor or bypass that and go to an external source, ie Speakers

But say I want to run MVS or some other system, will that cable not put sound out via scart also? Or do I need the standard mini din to scart for that as a separate cable?

Assuming this is the case that scart adaptor would do both these scenarios with just a standard mini din to mini din cable?

I may be confused right now ?(

So the cable with audio input will not work if you take sound off the Jamma edge?

I will initially be running CPS2 so can just take the sound from the RCA into the audio input which will go to the 1.6 OSSC then I imagine can go via HDMI to the monitor or bypass that and go to an external source, ie Speakers

But say I want to run MVS or some other system, will that cable not put sound out via scart also? Or do I need the standard mini din to scart for that as a separate cable?

Assuming this is the case that scart adaptor would do both these scenarios with just a standard mini din to mini din cable?

I may be confused right now ?(
Quick recap:
HAS Supergun takes mono audio from the Jamma edge and outputs line out level mono audio through 8 pin mini DIN or 3.5mm jack (if you plug the jack it disables the audio on the mini DIN).
You can mod some arcade boards in order to output line out level stereo audio.
If you have OSSC 1.5 (or previous), you can send the line out level audio (mono or stereo) to the SCART connector or 3.5mm jack input.
If you have OSSC 1.6 you must send the line out level audio (mono or stereo) to the SCART connector.
You can do the mix and match.

Regards.

Locutus73

I may be confused right now
Yea... I mean it's really confusing because it's totally configuration dependent.
What I would recommend for cables and connections changes based on the system you are using.
Add to this the different versions of the OSSC, so yea very confusing.

Let me just say this...
Tell me exactly what you want to connect, I will tell you exactly how to do that one specific thing.

Let's pretend you said CPS2 to HAS 1.3 to OSSC 1.6...
  • 8-pin din to SCART cable with 3.5mm audio input on the cable
  • RCA to 3.5mm cable
As for the links you'll be searching for and asking to be verified let me say this...
I make my own cables because I know exactly what I want these cables to do, I don't know anything about other cables offering from around the web.
All you need to make your own cables is the pin-out information and a few parts sellers on eBay.

On the HAS...
ejxytlx.jpg

For the OSSC (SCART pin out)...
scart.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me exactly what you want to connect, I will tell you exactly how to do that one specific thing.

Let's pretend you said CPS2 to HAS 1.3 to OSSC 1.6...
  • 8-pin din to SCART cable with 3.5mm audio input on the cable
  • RCA to 3.5mm cable
As for the links you'll be searching for and asking to be verified let me say this...
I make my own cables because I know exactly what I want these cables to do, I don't know anything about other cables offering from around the web.
All you need to make your own cables is the pin-out information and a few parts sellers on eBay.
Everything that can be connected for the eventuality that I will want to connect it.

But realistically at this stage CPS2 and possibly MVS later on.

So as you say for CPS2 I will need the mini din to scart with a 3.5mm jack and the RCA cable.

If I use a system that does not go through the RCA will it not just go down the mini din to scart cable to the OSSC via that same cable?

If I use a system that does not go through the RCA will it not just go down the mini din to scart cable to the OSSC via that same cable?
Technically speaking a cable could have internal connections in order to do that, but I don’t think any one actually connects audio from both 3.5mm jack or RCA and mini DIN cable.
But, as told above, if your system doesn’t output audio through RCA, but just from Jamma, you can always get stereo audio from HAS Supergun 3.5mm jack and route it to the separate audio input of your SCART, with the benefit of no audio crosstalk/interference.

Regards.

Locutus73

Back