What's new
I've just uploaded a revised video on youtube
@SmokeMonster Please update your Twitter link as the old video has been removed. Thanks
Modology, great video, some questions/comments though I hope you (or someone can clear up).

Step 8 in the audio portion, you say your 3.5mm is separate to help with audio interference. I think you're wrong on this. If you had a SCART cable with no audio in it, or if you used a separate 3.5mm from the HAS to the TV/monitor, then I think you would avoid interference. The cable you have, for some reason just feeds the SCART cable in with an external 3.5mm audio input. I think the HAS will just feed the DIN8 with an audio, so others can just purchase a SCART cable with audio in it, or if they are worried about interference, just use a separate 3.5mm cable. Your cable doesn't make much sense to me, but please chime in if I have this wrong.

Second, the UD controller plugs. Do these allow 6 buttons (SF style) to be used with the stock NEOGEO output or would one still need a kick harness and the UD plugs to get all the buttons working? If the kick harness is needed, how do they feed into the UD plug?

Thanks!

Step 8 in the audio portion, you say your 3.5mm is separate to help with audio interference. I think you're wrong on this. If you had a SCART cable with no audio in it, or if you used a separate 3.5mm from the HAS to the TV/monitor, then I think you would avoid interference. The cable you have, for some reason just feeds the SCART cable in with an external 3.5mm audio input. I think the HAS will just feed the DIN8 with an audio, so others can just purchase a SCART cable with audio in it, or if they are worried about interference, just use a separate 3.5mm cable. Your cable doesn't make much sense to me, but please chime in if I have this wrong.
You are right, I was wrong about the part audio interference. I think the Cable was designed for NESRGB which has sound output interference which is the reason why they isolate audio signal out to 3.5mm plug. For HAS Supergun, there will be no issue like that. It's just conveniently that this cable is compatible with HAS SuperGun and currently available for purchase

Second, the UD controller plugs. Do these allow 6 buttons (SF style) to be used with the stock NEOGEO output or would one still need a kick harness and the UD plugs to get all the buttons working? If the kick harness is needed, how do they feed into the UD plug?
You need to plug the KICK HARNESS cable (that you can purchase from @rgb) from HAS Supergun to your CPS2/ CPS3 board. Without KICK HARNESS, UD-USB or any controllers hooked up wont recognise the extra buttons

You need to plug the KICK HARNESS cable (that you can purchase from @rgb) from HAS Supergun to your CPS2/ CPS3 board. Without KICK HARNESS, UD-USB or any controllers hooked up wont recognise the extra buttons
Thanks, so the kick harness plugs from the game PCB into the HAS PCB and the UD doesn't get any extra wires. So how does the UD get the extra signals?

Thanks, so the kick harness plugs from the game PCB into the HAS PCB and the UD doesn't get any extra wires. So how does the UD get the extra signals?
because the DB15 plug supports 6 buttons

DB15.jpg

because the DB15 plug supports 6 buttons
HOLY CRAP, of COURSE. For some crazy reason, I counted 10 connections, not 15.. no idea why. Duh! Thanks so much for spelling out something so simple a caveman could have seen it! :P

@8bitforlife - definitely worth trying the ground loop isolator, it's inexpensive. Have you tried to join GND with FG on the PSU? If you do, make sure you don't touch the PSU cage and audio/video cable at the same time (when they're powered on).
i got a new cord completely shielded no more interference. I also got that ground loop device ill try it with old cord to see if it gets rid of the interference. Ill Let you know.
i can confirm that the ground loop device stops the interference of the rgb cord you solder yourself that is suggested to get for H.A.S. Maybe i did a shit job? But anyways no more interference with that cord or new one thats really nicely shielded.

For anyone interested
Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio/Home Stereo System with 3.5mm Audio Cable (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019393MV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AtYuBb3SKHYSX

Is what i bought for 8.99$

Hey, thanks for confirmation, I'm really glad that it did the trick!

Hey there, I'm also new to the forum. I've been watching this supergun thread and I'd like to pull the trigger on a HAS V3.1 supergun as well. If you could let me know what I need to do to purchase one I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Ah, cool, that's great news! :thumbup:

BTW, I have a suggestion for the next HAS-rev:
an extra button for entering the button-remapping mode - I guess this can be useful for those who don't have NeoGeo/generic arcade controls (like me atm) and use adapters that need some time to sync with the controller.

I am using the UD-USB decoder and I couldn't enter that mode (even with a wired PS3 dualshock3)... found a workaround though as I first connected a different controller (tototek PS1 to NeoGeo), entered the remapping mode and then unplugged and connected the HD-USB.

Last edited:
Ah, cool, that's great news! :thumbup:

BTW, I have a suggestion for the next HAS-rev:
an extra button for entering the button-remapping mode - I guess this can be useful for those who don't have NeoGeo/generic arcade controls (like me atm) and use adapters that need some time to sync with the controller.

I am using the UD-USB decoder and I couldn't enter that mode (even with a wired PS3 dualshock3)... found a workaround though as I first connected a different controller (tototek PS1 to NeoGeo), entered the remapping mode and then unplugged and connected the HD-USB.
Mind giving us the steps you took to try to enter the button-remapping mode? I'm using DB15 UD-USB decoders also and have had no issues entering the button remap on either the HAS or the UD-USB decoders so far. Their processes are different enough that they don't conflict. The way I like to do it is set the HAS with the button mapping that allows the default layout on the UD-USBs. Then if the button layout needs to be changed, I'd remap on the UD-USB only. When controllers are unplugged from the UD-USB the button mapping reverts back to default. I haven't had to change the button mapping on my HAS since.

Back