What's new
@jassin000

My Mak Strike used it only with the MV1C, I read that my Supergun (MK) does not attenuate the voltage in the Sync line, it is direct, it does not have any type of resistor.

I have never connected to the OSSC, I do not want to fry it. I have always had it connected to the PVM without worrying, with a common scart cable, I did not know that it could also be damaged by the high voltage TTL.

I want the HAS for CPS2 and Neo Geo MVS, I do not have other arcade boards.

I read that my Supergun (MK) does not attenuate the voltage in the Sync line, it is direct, it does not have any type of resistor.
Oh, yea that might damage the OSSC over time...
I read pro devices like PVM/BVM are made to work with TTL so I guess they are ok (I'd still be a little concerned).

If it was me, I'd simply add a 470 ohm resistor onto the sync line dropping its peek to peek level, then feed this into the OSSC.

Looked around in the various forums/sign up sheets, etc. but couldn't find an answer, but I have a question:

I have a HAS 3.1 & am looking to get a few hats for it (4p cps2/konami, VGA, etc). & was wondering if the hats being made for the upcoming 3.2/3.3 release would be compatible.

As an aside, I've been loving how the HAS fits in a small little box making it super easy to transport around. I've been taking it around the US for various Fighting Game Community events for the competitive Vampire Savior & SSF2X scenes over here and always get a ton of compliments/inquiries about it. In fact…I see some of those folks here in the thread asking about the sign up sheet ;)

Thanks again for all you do RGB, & everyone else who's helped with the project!

I want the HAS for CPS2 and Neo Geo MVS, I do not have other arcade boards.
Oh I almost forgot to tell you...
After you add the 470ohm resistor to the sync line, you'll also need the following settings in the OSSC menu to make it work with MVS.

Pre Coast: 3
Post Coast: 3
H Threshold: 10.46 (or slightly higher until the sync locks)

CPS2 will work AOK with OSSC's default settings, but not the Neo-Geo.

The V3 uses a potentiometer to adjust CSync for Taito F3 connected to XRGB mini (in order to fix the upper part of the screen), in V3.1-2 it's done automatically. The V3.2 allows to disable buttons 4-6 on the JAMMA connector, the V3 lacks this functionality.
RGB can you please remove me from the list for a HAS please? I got a v3.2 from a forum member. I still want the small items I put on the list please.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGB
then using a stereo RCA to female 3.5mm adapter from the CPS2 to the 3.5mm audio connector on the SCART cable
Get this...
69m38SG.jpg

It's basically the same thing you are talking about doing with the cable above (only I think its in a much neater package).
The kit comes with a 8-pin mini-din cable (male/male) so all you would need is the RCA to 3.5mm audio cable.
4408001_sd.jpg

Keeping the audio and video cables separate also helps reduce video noise in my experience.
I bought this on ebay and I am disapointed picture is low quality and have a special issu on right screen on my CRT and with my OSSC colours is worst than my PS2 standard cable.

Last edited:
I use the same cable, quality is 5/5 on my side, tested on PVM and Framemeister. Are you sure you bought it from Australia ?

yes on ebay. Run perfectly with CPS1 & 2 on CRT butwith 16b and MVS I have problem on right side. When I try with OSSC and 16b colour of 16b is worst than PS2 standard cable. I try to mkae picture.

for the right side issue I fix it with TV's service menu, so it from CRT. But I have always poor colour with my OSSC.

Last edited:
for the right side issue I fix it with TV's service menu
The "issue" you are talking about is the OSSC is displaying a image outside of what would have been viewable on a real CRT tube.
Genesis also dose this, again nothing wrong with the display or the OSSC you are just seeing further than you were ever indented to be able to see.
I WOULD NOT recommend you make adjustments to your TV's service menu, again nothing is wrong with the way the TV is rendering the image.

Since I was talking about it and Darksoft's MVS multi firmware update/release required me to hook it up...
This is that fantastic little etim adapter in use.
LM2ay1h.jpg

So the ps2 hdretrovision component cables will not work with the ps2 RGB Scart adapter for the HAS? how is that possible?

That's what I was wondering too about that add on board. I guess that PS2 port only outputs pure RGB and not YPbPR (aka component).

The HD Retrovision PS2 cable is a pass through cable with no conversion electronics inside like the Genesis 2 cables they make. At least that's my understanding, from what I've read, and now with what you've said.

@lobogau yes that is correct. To get a component video output on the HAS you have to use the hd retrovision ps1 adaptor port with the genesis cable, solder the 3 jumpers on the bottom of the HAS and flip the switch on the ps2 add on board to sync on luma

I think the RGB->S-video/Composite Video adapter will work better for you. The adapter will have the PlayStation MultiAV port.

@RGB so you regret supporting that Playstation port yet. ;)
I personally never would have supported it, because just like with a HD15 port... People only expect one format VGA (640x480@31khz) to come out of it.

I'm even more adamant about using the 8pin mini DIN as the video output for the HAS, because at some point I considered changing it for something else.

Some folks claim 9pin mini din is better for RGBs than 8pin.

I know Terraonion picked 9 for the Super System to support/leach off Genesis 2 SCART cables.
Of course the problem with doing that is Genesis 2 SCART cables contain caps and resistors.
So the output of the SS had to be altered to use this type of cable (ie the video coming directly from the console is NOT ready to display).

I've become outnumbered in these modern times, but I'm of the firm belief cables should always be "dumb".
That is to say no components in cables ever, for any reason... Just copper that connects point A to B.

I RGB bypassed my NES/SNES/N64/Genesis, each console now outputs 100% ready to display video (75ohm) directly from the console.
Zero components in my SCART heads!
Of course I need to make all my own cables, because NO ONE sells 'em this way. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Caps in the Scart head aren't as bad as the resistors. The requirement of resistors in the Scart head basically means that the device isn't outputting the correct signal amplitude and the impedance isn't 75 Ohm. In result, usage of expensive 75R impedance coax cables is a moot point. The resistors would need to be installed as close to the signal source as possible, and this could be tricky, depending on the plug type. I believe some cable manufacturers already do this, though.

Back