What's new
I got mine sometime around January I believe. As for wire thickness it is the same as the other wires however it has wires for every ground/power pin rather than putting two pins to a wire.
That is a concern. Power should be thicker, right?

xtrasmiley' said:
You shouldn't really have to worry about this. Thickness of wire does not equal it's ability to carry voltage. It's mostly the insulation of the wire that dictates the maximum voltage it can carry.

xtrasmiley' said:
You shouldn't really have to worry about this. Thickness of wire does not equal it's ability to carry voltage. It's mostly the insulation of the wire that dictates the maximum voltage it can carry.
That's actually incorrect. The wire thickness dictates how much current can safely pass through the wire. Thin wire is the reason for voltage drop in cheap harnesses, they just can't provide enough amps, from Ohm's law "electric current is proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance."
If not for very thick insulation on the power wires in those cheap Chinese harness, they could catch on fire with one of those older, juice hungry games.

I have a question. I am currently using a GBS 8200 and a sync strike to stream my game systems. Now my question is. Can I use the GBS to upscale the video output from the supergun? Would I even need it? It would make streaming arcade games easier. For me at least.
yes, should be possible, unfortunately die quality is pretty crappy - that's why i upgraded to the ossc - which is or or less the gold standard when its working :rolleyes:

xtrasmiley' said:
That's actually incorrect. The wire thickness dictates how much current can safely pass through the wire. Thin wire is the reason for voltage drop in cheap harnesses, they just can't provide enough amps, from Ohm's law "electric current is proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance."If not for very thick insulation on the power wires in those cheap Chinese harness, they could catch on fire with one of those older, juice hungry games.
My bad, getting voltage and current rating confused here. Yes the wire thickness dictates how much current can pass and the insulation dictates how much voltage it can contain.

I have a question. I am currently using a GBS 8200 and a sync strike to stream my game systems. Now my question is. Can I use the GBS to upscale the video output from the supergun? Would I even need it? It would make streaming arcade games easier. For me at least.
yes, should be possible, unfortunately die quality is pretty crappy - that's why i upgraded to the ossc - which is or or less the gold standard when its working :rolleyes:
I kind of figured that was the case. Currently at this time I don't have the money for that but I needed a solution so I went with one of the cheaper ones. I'll be upgrading later on. Thank you for the answer.

i also started with a gbs - for a starting point its ok, they are dirt cheap after all.

but especially shadows look awful on it...

Mine did too. I asked about it and Mike explained what happened and since it still works it was ok. The JNX came over and made fun of me because he said I didn’t know how to remove a JAMMA connector. Made me feel terrible. Man he’s an asshole! (Just kidding, he’s great)!

It seems to be common, one way around it would be to use an extension cable, I just can’t seem to source any that aren’t cheap Chinese ones with thin gauge wires.

Maybe this new connector will hold up better.

RGB, has it done better on your testing?

@SmokeMonster, has your HAS suffered the same fate? You seem to be very gentle with your boards on your videos?
https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAMMAEXTThese are great extension cables and lightyears better than the Chinese ones. Just be sure to email them first to let them know you want the full header populated as it is just the JAMMA standard (doesn't include wiring for 4 & 5 on edge connector standard)
No first hand experience myself, but from what I hear those are not that great...There is a seller on shmups forum selling quality extension harnesses, but he had seem to dissappear for some time now :( So the ones from Mike’s arcade are the best commercially available atm.
/pic
Not sure what more you could ask for but not soldering to a JAMMA fingerboard is lightyears better than the garbage on eBay. This is what my cable looks like from Mike.
How old is that? I've heard (could be 100% BS) that recently the quality had taken a dive. Are the power cables a thicker gauge?I'm ready to order as well and I can confirm once I get mine as well.
I have two extensions from Mike's Arcade, and work extremely well.
I ordered one last year and at first I had an issue where one of the buttons wasn't working. I sent Mike a message and he sent me a new one and I sent the old one back; he made a mistake but fixed it real quick. Been using that one since and it works well with every CAVE board, Neo Geo MVS, and Sega C2 game I've thrown at it.

I ordered another one (this time fully populated) for my other HAS and it looks like that one in the picture and that works well with the same board types.

I have no complaints, it's a really nice extension and I would recommend it to others.
Got the jamma extenders from Mikesarcade today and I must say.... quite
Impressed actually.
Ordered a fully wired 18 inch jamma extender and the build quality is light years better than Arcade Forge and that crap on ebay.
Tested on the HAS V3.1 with a Atomiswave, CPS2, PGM and a MVS and it has worked flawlessly.
Most importantly. Just a 0.01 drop in voltage based on the built-in voltmeter on the HAS. Nice!
The jamma connector was a little bit on the tight side, but all in all a good product.
Based on all alternatives I know about as of now. Highly recommended Jamma extender!

Got the jamma extenders from Mikesarcade today and I must say.... quite
Impressed actually.
[...]
Most importantly. Just a 0.01 drop in voltage based on the built-in voltmeter on the HAS. Nice!
Did you measure voltage on HAS and then on the PCB game's edge connector?

can't wait to hear more about it!
JAMMA connector is better, enable/disable buttons 4/5/6 on JAMMA edge, sync jumpers have been replaced with switches on the backside of the PCB.
No radical changes in the V3.2 except for the JAMMA connector type and addition of switches to enable/disable buttons 4/5/6 on the JAMMA edge. Also, 75R/TTL CSync is changed via a switch now, too.

can't wait to hear more about it!
JAMMA connector is better, enable/disable buttons 4/5/6 on JAMMA edge, sync jumpers have been replaced with switches on the backside of the PCB.
No radical changes in the V3.2 except for the JAMMA connector type and addition of switches to enable/disable buttons 4/5/6 on the JAMMA edge. Also, 75R/TTL CSync is changed via a switch now, too.
Sounds awesome! Really excited to get my first home arcade game set up!

Hello there what is the wait time please as I would love to get on the list thank you.

So can’t ask to get my name in the waiting list at the moment ?

Back