What's new
I always assumed the stereo/mono switch was to switch between mono over Jamma or stereo over the 4pin header (similar to the mono/qsound option in CPS2).
So what you are saying now that this switch sends Stereo to the Jamma edge similar to a multislot?
If that is true my whole life has been a lie ?(

Also I recall setting the switch to MONO once while having every connected to the 4pin stereo header, I'm quite positive I got MONO sound from the 4pin header then...

Last edited:
screenshot from the MV-1F manual;

MVS.jpg

stereo.jpg

The MV1F outputs mono or stereo over the jamma harness, which is dictated by a switch on the motherboard. In mono mode, jamma pin 10 outputs the mono signal with pin L being grounded. In stereo mode, pin 10 outputs the left channel, pin L the right channel with a common ground.

Edit: just spotted your post with manual, let me read it...

It works fine over Jamma.

I use it in mono on my cab and stereo on the Sentinel with no issues. It’s just a case of flicking the stereo switch on the Supergun and also the motherboard.

Taken from JNX site: “The MV1-FS board does give Stereo Sound off the jamma edge via a switch as well as via the Headphone connector”.

No I am really confused guys...

So what you are saying is that you get Stereo over Jamma (like MVS pinout), but other than that it remains Jamma, so test button is still at Jamma position.
Resulting in a board which is also not compatible with MVS wiring?

Yes, stereo over jamma harness in a single slot.

Yes, single slots are standard jamma. The select button is mapped to button 5 in an extended jamma pinout. Oh and button 4 follows from button 3, not technically standard but it doesn't break anything.

Yes, single slots are different to multi slot MVS pinout.

So i have a newbie uestion. Stero with standard jamma run and how to with HAS and OSSC? Stereo run with S16B sega & CPS 1?

Any chance of you making harnesses for the HAS to work with Mortal Kombat boards?
Get a JNX Raiden (CPS2 to MK1/2/3/U3 style kicks) board...
nHlWfpV.jpg
Sorry to bring up an old post. But am I right in assuming, that with a JNX Raiden, I can use the CPS2 kick harness that I grabbed from RGB and then plug my MKI and MKII kick harnesses into it to connect the extra buttons for MK with the HAS?

Guys @RGB recently posted link to download the new HAS manual but i cant find it. Can somebody tell me which thread and the post number is at please.

Yes, that's the one.

The HAS set comes with a PSU cable that joins the PSU and HAS. You only need to connect the PSU to the wall. Computer power cable (ideally with a switch, like this) with one end stripped will do.

17457604109_4e3dd97f1e_n.jpg

It's good to crimp fork terminals on the PSU wires, too.

================================================

The Mean Well MWP-606 and SUZO 42PP0606 PSUs are identical and seem to be the most popular among the HAS users.. Is there anybody willing to design a cover for the screw terminal for this PSU that could be 3D printed? :)
is the prima power original or is it a chinece clone of the original meanwell? what parts of the psu are the filters? (picture please). my 606 has a lot of open holes, what parts can be placed there and why?

The Prima Power looks identical to Mean Well (there's even Mean Well branding on the PCBs silkscreen), so they probably had a deal. Some Sanwa PSUs are Mean Well, too.

Pictures of the inside of the PSU - Home Arcade System - new supergun sets

As for the other part of your question - I didn't examine the PSU in such detail to be able to give you answer to that.

Ah thanks!

I am talking about U2 and stuff there. it looks same as your picture. maybe somebody else knows

How is sound outputted from HAS on CPS2?

Would sound go from the cable to the OSSC then via HDMI to the monitor and output sound there?

Seem to not be able to get any sound out of the HAS at this stage.

Tried going from RCA to single adapter into monitor and still no luck.

I guess I've missed something here.

I did think after that maybe the Audio volume potentiometer is turned down by default? Didn't check this atm.

@xtrasmiley

xtrasmiley said:
Capcom CPS2 : Darksoft Multi CPS2, Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom (Phoenix ROMs) =

HAS=TTL, OSSC=Pre/Post Coast on 1, 3x mode looks best as it doesn't cut off top or bottom but is 720p and 5x mode is 1080p, however the top and bottom are cut off.
You say that TTL is what should be set here for but in the HAS manual it is stated that 75 Ohm is what it should be set to for things like OSSC ect.

When would you use TTL then?

My settings are when you don’t use the SCART output. Check out how I’ve got mine connected. If you don’t do it that way, then yes, follow the HAS guidelines.

Your mono sound should be via the JAMMA edge, so via the OSSC depending on how you connect it. If you want stereo, pull it off the CPS2 and plug directly into the OSSC.

My bad, I saw the OSSC and didnt see the details on how it was connected.

I'll have to check with the sound again, was not getting any output from the Jamma but, again I neglected to see the volume on both the HAS and the CPS2 board so they may have been turned down.

Hey, the volume on HAS is to around "half", so just make sure it's ok on the CPS2 end. Also, go into CPS2 setting and check the audio output configuration.

edit: Could you tell more about your setup? what audio/video cable/adapter do you use?

Back