What's new
Yeah my voltmeter went udders up on the second day, but my HAS has been working like a champ. It is ULTRA nice.
yea weird that happened ?( , but nothing is ever perfect, and aggreed the HAS is amazing.. Enjoy!, i sure have been :thumbup:

I would like to be added to the waitlist :D

I'm interested in the following:

1x HAS
1x CPS1 kick harness

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah my voltmeter went udders up on the second day, but my HAS has been working like a champ. It is ULTRA nice.
So this is the fourth one. Looks like I got a bad batch of voltmeters, it's the only PCB I don't produce myself for obvious reasons :( I'll send out information about this to all buyers as a heads up and replace the broken voltmeters (need to find a different supplier, though) or reimburse the cost of getting a new one.

So this is the fourth one. Looks like I got a bad batch of voltmeters, it's the only PCB I don't produce myself for obvious reasons :( I'll send out information about this to all buyers as a heads up and replace the broken voltmeters (need to find a different supplier, though) or reimburse the cost of getting a new one.
I'll check out mine when I finally get my hands on it. Seems to be stuck in customs right now...

Perhaps for those in North America, you could provide the serial number of the one you used, so perhaps we can source them here rather than do the shipping across the pond. Shipping and customs is really being a pain, at least for me, these days.

I haven't used my HAS at all, just used it to test the setup, hopefully its just a few bad voltmeters and not all but if 4 already are duds....

RGB- I assume you calibrate these before sending out?

Yes, each is checked for several minutes when I do the QC of HAS units, so all worked just fine. They seem to die after some time from what users reported. As a reassurance, 4 units is less than 10%.

@xtrasmiley is going to kill me... :P
I'm getting the best quality picture overall on this BenQ LCD setup using the HD15 (VGA) connector of the HAS+OSSC.

@RGB BitBox SNES case used for HAS support (that PCB ain't cheap)! ;)
zuN03kh.jpg

nKU9q60.jpg

This was super noisy with every 8-pin din to SCART cable I had...
86BGCHG.jpg

And don't get me wrong, you can still see a faint noise pattern on the left hand side of the screen.
Still it's nothing compared with my many SCART cables.

So awesome! We seriously need more pictures with the HAS setups in this thread.
And don't get me wrong, you can still see a faint noise pattern on the left hand side of the screen.
From my experience, the diagonal interference usually (but not always) comes from the PSU.

Last edited:
What is max safe voltage for 5v, I have seen some of the boards pulling 5.15 v

RGB,

Is there an estimate for when reservations (specially my reservation) on the waiting list will be fulfilled. I'm not trying to trick you into promising a specific delivery date.

It would be helpful, even if you can only provide a broad estimate ie. "within a couple weeks" or "before spring" or "over six months", etc. I'm just trying to coordinate with other purchases.

Reactions: RGB
@xtrasmiley is going to kill me... :P
No dude, no killing here. I actually only asked you a bunch of questions and quoted you because I respect your experience and knowledge. I never meant to piss you off. Apologies if my questions came off as attacks.

I assume you blocked me b/c I was asking about the VGA cable...

That being said, if I ever get a Mortal Kombat board, I'll mess around with it and see if I can get it to work outside of the SCART side too.

Hello RGB

Ben here from New York, kudos for your work and appreciate the fact that you still doing these, i can see that is a great product.

I am a neo geo guy, i love fighting games specially king of fighters, there is place here in brooklyn with 2 arcade machines and the competition is great so i would like to practice more and what is better than authentic hardware as i noticed that emulators are just not the same.

I would like to be added to the waiting list for the below:

1x HAS

Thanks & Regards

RGB,

Is there an estimate for when reservations (specially my reservation) on the waiting list will be fulfilled. I'm not trying to trick you into promising a specific delivery date.

It would be helpful, even if you can only provide a broad estimate ie. "within a couple weeks" or "before spring" or "over six months", etc. I'm just trying to coordinate with other purchases.
I wish I could tell you exactly, but the only estimate at the moment is sometime in Q1 2019.

@HouseOfTheEd, @No onions, @benjillaz - Added you to the wait list, thank you :)

RGB,

I wish I could tell you exactly, but the only estimate at the moment is sometime in Q1 2019.
@HouseOfTheEd, @No onions, @benjillaz - Added you to the wait list, thank you :)
Actually I've decided to go a different direction so you can take me off the wait list.

I mainly just want to put together a CPS2 setup and I already have an arcade monitor so the main reason for getting the HAS was for controller inputs. I only just found out that the Undamned USB decoders exist so those fit my needs perfectly. And it turns out that Paradise Arcade shop is local to me, like only a few blocks from my office so I picked up 2 of those to finish my setup yesterday. So many great new things out there for arcade stuff these days, wish I had so many options when I was consolizing my MVS years ago.

Thanks for making such an awesome supergun though RGB. I may still end up wanting to get one later on, just not right now.

I have some questions about the PSU wiring.

I have seen on your photos that you double the cable on the 12V and 5V, why is that?

Also, what is a diameter of the sockets to screw on the PSU for the main power cable?

They're high current power lines, distributing the current across two wires doubles the current carrying capability.

You'll find that it's actually +5V and ground that have two wires.

You'll also notice that a jamma harness in an arcade cab distributes power across multiple wires.

Not sure I understand your last question but I think you're asking the width of the screw terminals of an arcade PSU? I believe they're typically 3.2mm.

Back