What's new
I would like to order this Supergun, but how am I supposed to connect it to a SCART connector? Can someone link me to a place where I can buy it from stock?

Also, anyone knows where in the EU I can buy an arcade PSU with connector cover?

Thanks!

...how am I supposed to connect it to a SCART connector? Can someone link me to a place where I can buy it from stock?
Once they're back in stock (Monday or Tuesday), this cable works perfectly. I recommend spending a few extra bucks for the coax version, although all of their cables are fully shielded/grounded.

I received my coax male mini DIN-8 to female standard DIN-8 adapter cable from retro_console_accessories a couple weeks ago, which allows me to use my beefy custom Scart cable. I have been fucking blown away by the boost in video quality going from my old jamma harness to the HAS, which is now fully shielded from source to PVM. I plan on posting some comparison pictures when I get a chance. The difference is night and day, and the brightness control pot allows me to get perfect results on every single board.

Another interesting feature of the v2.1 HAS is that the jamma edge is wired for 6 buttons (V2.0 and lower are 5-button). This means that you don't need an edge converter for jamma+ boards. Even Neo Geo boards work perfectly with no adapters, as long as you take audio from the headphone jack on the board or a custom line-level output. Pandora's Box/Blue Elf/Game Elf/King-of-Air are all perfect out of the box. I was shocked when my bootleg Mortal Kombat board worked correctly with no kick harness or anything.

These two features (extremely sharp and colorful improved video quality, and a programmable 6-button jamma edge) were unexpected surprises that blew me away.

Meanwhile I am looking around for a PSU, I found this and price seems nice - is there any reason not to buy this particular model? Thanks!
No problem, I'm always glad to champion for great products like the HAS :D
That PSU is cheaper to Italy from Aliexpress I believe.
LOL that's cheap alright, are we sure it is reliable... I mean it costs just 7 USD from there!

You definitely get what you pay for. I believe all of those Chinese PSUs are the same though inside (Heima, etc). Can you get Happ stuff in Europe? That would be my choice, even if it costs twice or three times as much.

...how am I supposed to connect it to a SCART connector? Can someone link me to a place where I can buy it from stock?
Once they're back in stock (Monday or Tuesday), this cable works perfectly. I recommend spending a few extra bucks for the coax version, although all of their cables are fully shielded/grounded.
I ordered mine when there were like half a dozen left... 15 minutes later they were all gone O_O

How fast do these cables sell?

I think the problem is that retro_console_accessories is a one-person operation and she can't keep up with the demand. I've had success just messaging her for a cable when something is showing as out of stock. She'll list whatever you need as a customer request.

All HAS units are now sold! Once again many thanks to all buyers and people interested in my stuff :)

I still have some Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converters left; they are 35 EUR each, and the price includes shipping to anywhere in the world via Registered Priority Mail.

Just got mine and I hooked it up the to the PSU. It is showing that it is getting 5.32v from the PSU - is this normal? Or I should somehow bring it down to exactly 5volts? How would I do that? Thanks!

The ArcadePSU has a knob to finetune the 5V output.

If you are not using an ArcadePSU, then i would advise you to use one :)

5.3V is in most of the cases *not good*.... there are some PCB with funky voltage "specialities" (g-net for example), but most of them will work with between 4.9 and 5.1V

High voltages can "blow things" :)

Great thanks, I am using it with a Neo 1-slot, arcade PSU, of course. Now I set it to exactly 5v under load :)

And of course, C64 rocks.

Yea 5.1 under load is fine, 5.3 is getting a bit high... Could be bad for some boards.

@Everblue - Let me know if everything works correctly once you have the AV cable to check it. 5.3V shouldn't kill the MVS or the HAS, but it indeed is a tad too high.

@lupinko - There will be another run around October/November. I'd like to release it in September, but I need to be realistic here, it takes a lot of time to assemble the PCBs, cables etc.

@RGB - well, I "tested" by connecting a pair of PC speakers to the HAS's audio jack and could hear the Neo Geo chime, usual sound effects etc. :) - now I wait (im)patiently for the Scart cable.

Reactions: RGB
I'm doing a research on a couple of additional features, but it's too early to say if that will be introduced or not.
If you have some ideas in mind, I'm all ears. Cannot promise I'll use those, as I'm pretty happy with the current HAS design, but there's always a chance :)

Back