What's new
I'm doing a research on a couple of additional features, but it's too early to say if that will be introduced or not.
If you have some ideas in mind, I'm all ears. Cannot promise I'll use those, as I'm pretty happy with the current HAS design, but there's always a chance :)
I think it would be great if the HAS could be used directly on JAMMA and MVS systems, without requiring a harness. Like you flip a switch and it's JAMMA or MVS pinout.

I know many supergun builders add the JAMMA-MVS switch as a feature.. and it may seem controversial, but I don't believe it's needed at all, and it can cause more harm than good. My reasoning for this is as follows:

- The only MVS models that use the MVS pinout, are the mulit-cart models (2, 4 and 6 slot). 1 slots are always 100% compatible with HAS.

- Connecting a muli-cart MVS to HAS won't hurt the supergun or the PCB, you'll simply hear just one audio channel. However, another thing people tend to forget, is that the multi-cart MVS models already come with the line-level stereo output via a jack or JST connectors, so no solution on the supergun end is needed to enjoy the stereo audio.

- On the other hand, connecting a JAMMA PCB to a MVS stereo set supergun or a MVS cabinet by mistake, can damage the amp on the PCB.

- The only feature one will miss when connecting a multi-cart MVS to HAS, is the TEST button, because it's mapped to a different pin on the edge connector in the multi-carts models. To remedy this, I can additionally map the TEST button to that pin in the next HAS revision.

More info: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/SNK_Neo_Geo_MVS

Last edited:
My wishlist for future revisions only included more video adaptation/cleaning/output options.
Sync pulse generation, sync separation (H/V pins) on board, component video (15khz) output jacks.

I can see the sync options as being something only I would really love, but the component output...
Tons of people in USA will benefit from this, you can get component CRTs for free all over the place.
A xRGB Mini on the other hand is 400$ shipped.

Clone and integrate the CVS28/CYS-2100 design on a single Supergun board.
I understand this will raise the price of the board, my belief is people will gladly pay for the convince of a all-in-one design...
As long as its comparative with the CVS28, say around the 50$ mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the extra a/v options like component and/or s-video. There are lots of CRTs hanging around with those options in North American and there have been a few occasions where I would have loved to take the HAS on the road but the thought of carting the XRGB-mini and such to hook it all up has stopped me from doing it.

But that said...I love the HAS. It works like a charm.

If you add video conversion stuff, please continue to offer the pure version for the people with the right hardware that doesn't want to pay a premium price for nothing :))

If you add video conversion stuff, please continue to offer the pure version
Maybe a "Euro" version and a "USA" version?
Euro just like current, USA replaces SCART output with S-Video/Component and onboard conversion (higher price tag for feature).

Both versions feature the current 8-pin mini din, pinout wired for use with xRGB mini.

If I had the skills to design a supergun, this is my list of wants to incorporate:

* Licence the technology from undamned to truly have built in USB support for controllers
* Have all outputs available on a single multi pin connector that you can get a "breakout cable" with all connectors done for case mounting
* On board switching power supply accepting 100-240 V

That Undamned USB is pretty cool, I've afraid for most the final result wouldn't be great.

This is a lag chart accepted among enthusiasts, notice how the commonly owned series of Mad Catz USB sticks ranks...
PS4%20Arcade%20stick%20lag%20results.png

Mad Catz TE/TE2/CE series is in the C/C+ range (if you have a TE2+ N/M)!
Remember this lag is in addition to conversion lag, which is minimal but even by UD's own admissions certainly exists.

DB15 ports connected directly to a joystick and buttons has zero lag period.
This is more in-line with the theme of the HAS, all outputs have no lag (yes this would include component conversion)! 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, minimal lag can be measured, but can it actually be felt? It all comes down to what display you're using as well, no?

I know many supergun builders add the JAMMA-MVS switch as a feature.. and it may seem controversial, but I don't believe it's needed at all, and it can cause more harm than good. My reasoning for this is as follows:

- The only MVS models that use the MVS pinout, are the mulit-cart models (2, 4 and 6 slot). 1 slots are always 100% compatible with HAS.

- Connecting a muli-cart MVS to HAS won't hurt the supergun or the PCB, you'll simply hear just one audio channel. However, another thing people tend to forget, is that the multi-cart MVS models already come with the line-level stereo output via a jack or JST connectors, so no solution on the supergun end is needed to enjoy the stereo audio.

- On the other hand, connecting a JAMMA PCB to a MVS stereo set supergun or a MVS cabinet by mistake, can damage the amp on the PCB.

- The only feature one will miss when connecting a multi-cart MVS to HAS, is the TEST button, because it's mapped to a different pin on the edge connector in the multi-carts models. To remedy this, I can additionally map the TEST button to that pin in the next HAS revision.

More info: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/SNK_Neo_Geo_MVS
I have an MVS 2-slot hooked up to my HAS often and it works perfectly fine.

I am planning to consolize a 4 slot i am working on with your HAS, or should I do it with a single slot?? Anyways, I will need to order another HAs from you in the near future, so glad to hear you will be making more and probably have some added features.

Just my opinion here, but I think the greatest MVS mobo ever was the MV-1FZ.
The 4 slots are ok, but I'd rather have JAMMA pinout and do my own stereo sound mod.

Avoid the 6 slots like the plague, they often have power problems.

Bit offtopic, but IMHO the best MVS board is the MV2F. Included controller ports, easy to replace BIOS, includes card slot, easy to work on because many chips still are through hole, stereo can be obtained from headphones and has almost line level, metallic shield to easily put your ports when consolizing, and the shield can be improved in many ways with car paint, etc. Simply great.

I finally received my RGB/Scart cable to use with the HAS, and I have to say, I am very, very, very impressed with this supergun. No audio hum, ton of features, and the picture is frigging awesome (Framemeister here). I have used many superguns in the past, but this one is the best ever.

Now, suggestions/options, going over the top here :)

1. Replacing Neo Geo ports with USB ports compatible with PS3/PS4 arcade sticks - programmable buttons too
2. Include the SCART cable, sourcing one wasn't fun
3. When hooked up to my 1 Slot there is nothing for HAS to "rest on" on the front - adding stress on the Jamma connector, maybe you can adapt the design to put some legs on the front too?
4. The audio level control isn't reachable due to the Perspex, all it needs is a small hole directly on top

That's it for now ;)

Replacing Neo Geo ports with USB ports compatible with PS3/PS4 arcade sticks
I'm a big fan of the "Supergun" DB15 port, it's the closest thing to a universally accepted standard we have and zero lag concerns.

Undamed did a fantastic job with his device, I just like the idea of keeping this device separate for the same reason why keeping the xRGB mini separate makes sense...

It introduces lag and would significantly raise the price of the HAS.
Having the option to use these devices puts the choices (and cost) in the hands of the user.
What about a JVS HAS?
This... Is a really interesting idea to me.
We tend to skip over the idea of JVS, because power/audio/video are handled so well natively.

What if HAS included a USB-B header to connect to a JVS board/system?
Decoded (optionally remapping buttons) the inputs, and outputting everything to the DB15 ports?

This... Is a really interesting idea to me.
We tend to skip over the idea of JVS, because power/audio/video are handled so well natively.

Decoded (optionally remapping buttons) the inputs, and outputting everything to the DB15 ports?
I really like this idea :thumbsup:

Replacing Neo Geo ports with USB ports compatible with PS3/PS4 arcade sticks
I'm a big fan of the "Supergun" DB15 port, it's the closest thing to a universally accepted standard we have and zero lag concerns.
Undamed did a fantastic job with his device, I just like the idea of keeping this device separate for the same reason why keeping the xRGB mini separate makes sense...

It introduces lag and would significantly raise the price of the HAS.
Having the option to use these devices puts the choices (and cost) in the hands of the user.
What about a JVS HAS?
This... Is a really interesting idea to me.We tend to skip over the idea of JVS, because power/audio/video are handled so well natively.

if I understand what you are saying JVS HAS. we would not need an I\O board for joysticks input which would be very cool:)

Back