What's new
What's its price and can it be used in MVS-4 systems?

@hackcell - Please see the first post for pricing and terms. It works with the MVS MV-4, but you'll need to connect audio cable to the stereo jack on the MV-4 board.

@SEGASHIRO - I still have a few HAS units and accessories left.

@decimata RGB posted a page or two back that he still has some for sale. Poke through the thread.

@RGB Have you had someone use this to connect a Nintendo VS board using Mike's Arcade Jamma converter? If I pull down on the joystick plugged into Player 1, it messes with the colors on the screen and shakes it once. I can just use Player 2 and have no issue, but that is really weird. All other Jamma boards I have tried are working great!

@decimata - Yup, still have a few units.

@Dreamstate - direction buttons (up/down/left/right) aren't processed in any way by HAS, it's a direct DB15->JAMMA connection. Might be something with the board or adapter?

Is the Kick harness connector the same with sega blast city? Or I need to buy a new cable from you to use with the HAS
Thanks a lot.

Well, it depends. The CPS2 connector is course the same in both HAS/Blast City kick harnesses, but in order to connect the Blast City kick harness to HAS, you'd need a 6pin JST XH connector on the other end of the harness.

Have a technical question will the HAS Sync with everything hook up except for Controls/Harness?

Trying to figure-out if i have problem as the Digital voltmeter is lighting with 5ish and the on light is on, just no signal or sync light and its hook up to MVS-C with board

Do you mean the SYNC status LED on HAS? If so, it will only light up if there is no Sync. No light means that Sync is OK.

Likely a series of silly questions but I'm still learning my way around the arcade/supergun hobby, so here goes...

I'm waiting on delivery for a HAS v3. How would I go about making an ATX power supply work with this thing? Is this a bad idea overall or nothing too harmful? I've seen that -5v won't be available I guess without using a proper arcade power supply but what kind of limitations would I be facing going this route? I do have a spare switching power supply and I'll use that if necessary but I'd rather keep things a little more simple and as easily transportable as I can. I'm looking to be able to easily move my setup from place to place and it seems like working with an arcade power supply would require some enclosure or whatever else that I'm not sure I want to bother with.

Just trying to understand my realistic options and the risks potentially involved.

Last edited:
You can use ATX as long as your board doesn't use -5v. You will need to hack or otherwise adapt the connector though.

Likely a series of silly questions but I'm still learning my way around the arcade/superglue hobby, so here goes...

I'm waiting on delivery for a HAS v3. How would I go about making an ATX power supply work with this thing? Is this a bad idea overall or nothing too harmful? I've seen that -5v won't be available I guess without using a proper arcade power supply but what kind of limitations would I be facing going this route? I do have a spare switching power supply and I'll use that if necessary but I'd rather keep things a little more simple and as easily transportable as I can. I'm looking to be able to easily move my setup from place to place and it seems like working with an arcade power supply would require some enclosure or whatever else that I'm not sure I want to bother with.

Just trying to understand my realistic options and the risks potentially involved.
ATX power supplies work fine, but you have to create a converter for connecting the ATX power supply to the supergun. You also have to wire a switch to turn the power supply on and off. If you lack -5V you will not have sound on some games (any Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Primal Rage, some others).

Regards.

Any issues with cps1, cps2, or Naomi? That's mainly the boards that I own. I'll likely get a Mortal Kombat eventually but I'll have other arcade setups for that.

Naomi doesn't need -5V but potentially needs 3.3V (which is no problem with ATX PSUs).

If you don't need NetDimm or GD-ROM and you have a Capcom Jamma I/O then you don't even need 3.3V (Capcom I/O will provide/transform it)

So, just a few noobish questions:

The scart adapter for the HAS...can I pair that to an OSSC? Is it JP21 or Euroscart? Also, can I use the RGB adapter with both V2 and V3, correct?

@SEGASHIRO

It is EURO Scart, and you can pair the Scart adapter to OSSC, but you also need a Scart-to-Scart cable.

The adapter will work with previous HAS versions :)

@SEGASHIRO

It is EURO Scart, and you can pair the Scart adapter to OSSC, but you also need a Scart-to-Scart cable.

The adapter will work with previous HAS versions :)
Thanks for the clarifications! I still need one more HAS unit but my funds are dangerously low at the moment which is why I haven't contacted you yet. ||

Back