What's new
Then get this or this.

The one I linked above is the wire I use with my HAS V3.1 and PVMs; I also have two of those breakout cables and they work fine.
Thanks I have the exact cable for my BVM.

I will try to contact RetroAccess to ask them to replace me another cable (but not dreamcast variant as you said)

With the Composite/S-Video module, is it possible to output both RGB and Composite simultaneously?

It will work, but the picture will be a bit dim. It wasn't designed to be used simultaneously.

I dont know if this has been discussed but is the HAS fully compatible with the undamned db15? I will mainly be using it for CPS2/3, MVS and Naomi along with some random namco boards. Also i heard with some control pinouts if you use the undamned board for Vampire savior it wont let you do the demon craddle/raging demon move because lk is stacked. Is this a issue with HAS?

thanks

Not sure what's the issue with Vampire Saviour, but UD-USB is compatible with HAS.

Not sure what's the issue with Vampire Saviour, but UD-USB is compatible with HAS.
The problem is that a few 6 button CPS2 games (Vampire Savior is definitely one, but scant rumors of 1 or 2 others) are still sampling 4 JAMMA buttons instead of only the first 3 for punches. If the supergun has Kick 1 from the kick harness wired up to JAMMA button 4, a command super in VSav will be canceled when the game sees activity on JAMMA button 4.

If the HAS mapping can't get around this, the cheap/dirty fix is to throw a piece of tape over the CPS2 JAMMA edge at button 4 & 5 when playing Vampire Savior.
-ud

Interesting, I didn't know about this. HAS indeed maps the JAMMA button 4, and there's no way of getting around this, so the tape fix (preferably the Kapton tape) is the only solution I can think of without modifying the CPS2 A board or HAS.

40135062432_996dddcb96_n.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is that a few 6 button CPS2 games (Vampire Savior is definitely one, but scant rumors of 1 or 2 others) are still sampling 4 JAMMA buttons instead of only the first 3 for punches. If the supergun has Kick 1 from the kick harness wired up to JAMMA button 4, a command super in VSav will be canceled when the game sees activity on JAMMA button 4.

If the HAS mapping can't get around this, the cheap/dirty fix is to throw a piece of tape over the CPS2 JAMMA edge at button 4 & 5 when playing Vampire Savior.
-ud
As I'm a little thick, button 4 on both kick and edge=no good?

Ok, so I thought I was nuts when trying my undamned adapters with HAS and this was happening! Good to know.

Guys, I received another complaint about the button layout in HAS. I really don't know how to stress this, but the button layout can be remapped! Button remapping is listed as a feature in the product description and it's described in the instruction manual, too. I thought this was the main selling point of this supergun :)

Guys, I received another complaint about the button layout in HAS. I really don't know how to stress this, but the button layout can be remapped! Button remapping is listed as a feature in the product description and it's described in the instruction manual, too. I thought this was the main selling point of this supergun :)
Is there a link to the manual in the first post? I had to read the RECO instructions to figure out the remapping procedure. I forget if any printed instructions came with the supergun as it's been quite a while since I got mine.

Reactions: RGB
Hey RGB, what about adding BJTs, such as for buttons 6?
Could that solve the issues?

Do you mean the issue with Vampire Savior? The only solution for the current design, is to install a switch/jumper to separate JAMMA button 4, because I've used all I/Os of the microcontroller. The transistor solution that you see for button 6 is just to have the JAMMA button 6 (pins #3 and #27) separated from the kick harness button 6. Basically, this makes the supergun compatible with those multi-pcb boards that accept up to 6 buttons via the JAMMA edge, and with standard JAMMA that normally grounds JAMMA pins #e and #27.

Do you mean the issue with Vampire Savior? The only solution for the current design, is to install a switch/jumper to separate JAMMA button 4, because I've used all I/Os of the microcontroller. The transistor solution that you see for button 6 is just to have the JAMMA button 6 (pins #3 and #27) separated from the kick harness button 6. Basically, this makes the supergun compatible with those multi-pcb boards that accept up to 6 buttons via the JAMMA edge, and with standard JAMMA that normally grounds JAMMA pins #e and #27.
Understood. Thanks for your explanation. :)

Maybe it has been answered before, didn’t read the full 38 pages of this thread...

If I would use a Saturn controller and adapter, would the shoulder buttons we mapped to coin/test or something on the DB15 pinout?
So can I map those as well in addition to the regular 6 buttons?

Thanks!

Hey, check out the layout:

Saturn -> NeoGeo/DB15
A -> 4/D
B -> 5 (DB15 pin #2)
C -> 6 (DB15 pin #10)
X -> 1/A
Y -> 2/B
Z -> 3/C
Start -> Start
L -> coin/select (DB15 pin #3)
R -> unused

The adapter doesn't have the remapping functionality, but you can change the mapping using HAS. If you want to use it with some other supergun, I can map it differently if you need :)

Back