What's new
@xtrasmiley that is what you''ll find in the Happ box ... i don't see any cables in that fit box

Attachments

• photo-16.JPG
    photo-16.JPG
    879.5 KB · Views: 237
You generally have to make your own cables. Just grab a good quality extension cord and snip the end off.

Question for you. I have the OSSC and plan on using these settings to hook up the F3 board I have, but I would also like to leave all the settings alone for CPS1/CPS2/Sega 16 (and maybe other boards). Can I use these buffered settings or do I have to change everything back for the other boards? Will leaving these settings on damage anything (boards or OSSC) to test?
OSSC settings won't damage anything. In short, your HAS V3.1 setup will look like this:
  • Taito F3 > HAS (CSync set to buffered, TTL) > 8pin mini DIN > 8MD to HD15 > OSSC (HD15 input, OSSC set to "RGBS")
  • CPS1/2/3 and majority of other boards > HAS (CSync set to buffered, 75R) > 8pin mini DIN to Scart cable > OSSC (Scart input)
As for the PSU, you can get a Mean Well MWP-606 in the US and I highly recommend it - http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4

Yeah, I saw the recommendations on the PS, but I had a specific question about the ones I linked. I went with the Happ, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to post US and Europe options in the thread op.

Question for you. I have the OSSC and plan on using these settings to hook up the F3 board I have, but I would also like to leave all the settings alone for CPS1/CPS2/Sega 16 (and maybe other boards). Can I use these buffered settings or do I have to change everything back for the other boards? Will leaving these settings on damage anything (boards or OSSC) to test?
OSSC settings won't damage anything. In short, your HAS V3.1 setup will look like this:
  • Taito F3 > HAS (CSync set to buffered, TTL) > 8pin mini DIN > 8MD to HD15 > OSSC (HD15 input, OSSC set to "RGBS")
  • CPS1/2/3 and majority of other boards > HAS (CSync set to buffered, 75R) > 8pin mini DIN to Scart cable > OSSC (Scart input)
As for the PSU, you can get a Mean Well MWP-606 in the US and I highly recommend it - http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4
if this is the case, may I humbly recommend making the 75 Ohm/TTL CSync a switch vice a jumper in your next revision.

I was also hoping to run everything via the 8 pin to HD15 to the OSSC and not have some boards on SCART, but that might be a limitation of the boards, I don’t know.

Regardless, I’m 180% excited to get this and start using it!

if this is the case, may I humbly recommend making the 75 Ohm/TTL CSync a switch vice a jumper in your next revision.
This is happening, as well as switches for enabling/disabling buttons 4, 5 and 6 via the JAMMA connector - all switches will be easily accessible even with the modules/enclosure installed.

edit: About the TTL/75R impedance switch. With HAS it's safe to connect CSync set to "TTL" to devices that expect 75R impedance signal. Sure, impedance will be mismatched, but voltage will be well within the acceptable tolerance (around 0.6Vp-p).

Last edited:
This is happening, as well as switches for enabling/disabling buttons 4, 5 and 6 via the JAMMA connector - all switches will be easily accessible even with the modules/enclosure installed.
edit: About the TTL/75R impedance switch. With HAS it's safe to connect CSync set to "TTL" to devices that expect 75R impedance signal. Sure, impedance will be mismatched, but voltage will be well withing the acceptable tolerance (around 0.6Vp-p).
Well shit man, looks like I’m buying a second supergun! Looking forward to any new things you come up with!

Hey @RGB , could you please add me to the pre-order list? STV and Naomi on my PVM here we go..

Reactions: RGB
I was also hoping to run everything via the 8 pin to HD15 to the OSSC and not have some boards on SCART, but that might be a limitation of the boards, I don’t know.
The HD15 adapter in my experience should only be used for the Taito F3.
Many boards just won't sync to the OSSC via VGA port (SCART works with everything but F3).
I suggest you view it as a work around for F3, but not the recommended method of connection (for anything else).

@RGB

When do you think HD15 adapter boards will be available again? Wondering if I should order boards from OSH Park if it will be a long while.

Thx!

@RGB Please add me to the preorder list. I would love to get a HAS along with a CPS2 Multi Kit.

What type of sync should be used with a HAS going into a gscart swtch connected to a Sony PVM 20M2U?

@RGB please add me to the preorder list if possible. Thank you.

I'm also interested in a CPS2 kick harness, a CPS kick harness, and the HD15 adapter PCB.

I'm also interested in a CPS2 kick harness, a CPS kick harness, and the HD15 adapter PCB.
I've noticed a trend emerging in this thread, and I wanted to get on my soapbox to provide what I feel is an important public service announcement.
So here it is...

If you have no intention of using a Taito F3 with a HAS+OSSC, DO NOT GET THE HD15 adapter!

The HD15 adapter should be viewed as a work around for the F3 system ONLY!
Yes some PCBs have no problems using either (8pin mini din to Euro SCART or HD15) but the majority of boards I've tested simply do NOT work via HD15 PERIOD.
The SCART connector is the most compatible, and should be the primary mode of connection... The exception is the F3, not the rule.

Back