What's new
I don't feel I'm being impolite. Hundreds of questions relating to power supplies and video cables are within this thread. My question is completely relevant.

Ironically you are the one taking things off topic by ridiculing my valid question.

Is anyone able to tell me what is the length of the screw terminal block on the SUZO HAPP 110W POWER PRO POWER SUPPLY? This one precisely - https://na.suzohapp.com/products/power_supplies/80-0064-00

Y8DgbGi.jpg

Thanks!
Would this be considered a recommended supply for use with the HAS V3.2?

I recommend the Mean Well MWP-606 or SUZO 42PP0606, but other quality PSUs will obviously work, too.

Just sharing some info regarding 8 pin mini DIN cables...

RGC include the resistor in their cable.

Tim Worthington's kit DOES include the resistor via the DC board. This takes care of the 3V and 12V lines to scart pins 8 and 16.

RA haven't responded but I guess it's safe to assume they're doing things correctly.

Just sharing some info regarding 8 pin mini DIN cables...

RGC include the resistor in their cable.

Tim Worthington's kit DOES include the resistor via the DC board. This takes care of the 3V and 12V lines to scart pins 8 and 16.

RA haven't responded but I guess it's safe to assume they're doing things correctly.
If we are going from HAS to Framemeister, do we need just a straight through 8 pin mini DIN cable or do you need cables with this resistor?

Framemeister, OSSC, scart switches should be fine. It mainly concerns CRT TVs.

if we are going from HAS to Framemeister, do we need just a straight through 8 pin mini DIN cable or do you need cables with this resistor?
Yup, a 8-pin straight cable is all you need, only CRT heads care about all that unnecessary resistor/full pinout BS. ;)

Chompin at the bit for the new HAS

Could we get an update on q1 batch?

The HD15 adapter is only useful for two groups of people...

1) Folks that have a PVM/BVM and what the simplicity/ease of a single VGA-to-BNC cable
vga-to-5-bnc-cable-500x500.jpg

2) People that need to use the VGA-in port of the OSSC to sync a Taito F3
o6mZ8tX.jpg

If you are not one of the above two groups, you don't need HD15, in fact I recommend you steer clear of it (and other adapters, looking at YOU PS2 HD Retrovision whatever BS).

For reasons of compatibility, the OSSC syncs the majority of PCBs from the SCART port, 75ohm (not TTL) unprocessed sync (more so than buffered or regenerated)...
So what I recommend is a 8pin mini din to Euro SCART cable for everyone else, be it OSSC, xRGB mini or even SCART-to-Component CRT guys. :)
I am trying to sync a taito to my OSSC AV3 and was wondering what parts I would need to order for my 8 pin mini din.

Where do I find the 8 pin mini din Scart, Scart to BNC, and BNC to DSUB15?

I am based in the US if anyone has recommendations.

Edit 5/9/19

Can I use one of these with a scart gender changer instead of the BNC's ?

Also the wiki states that on the Dsub 15 "TTL-level csync to pin 13 of DE-15 connector"

Is the csync line already set up for pin 13 on a passive conversion or do you need to reroute the csync?

Last edited:
If you are going from Taito F3+HAS to OSSC what you need (all you need) is a 8 pin mini din to HD15 (commonly/incorrectly referred to as VGA) cable.

Something like this (in-line adapter)...
index.php

Or this (HAS expansion hat)...
dJCZkvT.jpg

You do not need/want SCART (F3 won't sync via SCART) or SCART to BNC (only PVM/BVM users want that) or or BNC to HD15 (let's not go crazy here, no one wants/needs that).

In addition to the cable, you'll need to set jumpers #17 and #18 on HAS (TTL and Buffered sync).
2y9nK0T.jpg

Then adjust the pre/post coast setting to 4 in the advanced menu of the OSSC and be in mode AV3: RGBS (the first/default mode is AV3: RGBHV).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going from Taito F3+HAS to OSSC what you need (all you need) is a 8 pin mini din to HD15 (commonly/incorrectly referred to as VGA) cable.You do not need/want SCART (F3 won't sync via SCART) or SCART to BNC (only PVM/BVM users want that) or or BNC to HD15 (let's not go crazy here, no one wants/needs that).
I'm using the Adcap but have been on the waiting list for a bit for HAS and they share the same mini din connector. I wanted to prepare for my order and fix my current gun at the same time for the taito multi.

That's great to know that I don't need to adapt from scart and just ordered the 8 pin with headphone breakout.

Do you know if I need change csync to route to pin 13 on the d15 or does the din csync already route to pin 13?

Can I use one of these with a scart gender changer instead of the BNC's ?
No idea, it would depend on how its wired internally of course... But please stop with the BNC stuff, I already told you... You want NOTHING to do with BNC.
Look at the adapters I posted above (I edited my post too).
Also the wiki states that on the Dsub 15 "TTL-level csync to pin 13 of DE-15 connector"

Is the csync line already set up for pin 13 on a passive conversion or do you need to reroute the csync?
Yes as I said you need to set the HAS to TTL and buffered sync.
In VGA (31khz) land pin #13 is H-sync and pin #14 is V-sync... The adapters job is to connect our sync to pin #13 only (leaving #14 unused/unconnected, the RGB+ground pins are the same).
As I said above, this mode is called AV3: RGBS (Red, Green, Blue, Sync @15khz) and NOT RGBHV (Red, Green, Blue, H-sync, V-sync @31khz).

1230-1325639616-c9560b730f013cdff647b2ce5d5f8a50.jpg

oihFBl6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting my PCB an acrylic case. They want to know the height of it and on what height I want my PCB to be from the ground etc. Can someone measure the height of HAS's JAMMA connector to the ground? I would like to get them to fit nicely so that HAS and my PCB case would be on a same height when it comes to JAMMA connection. Made a picture to clear my question, that is HAS and it's JAMMA connector :D My picture shows the measure to the bottom of the JAMMA connection, but I would need the height from the middle of the connection to the ground.

And if some one could measure the total height (ground to top plexi) as well, I would appreciate!

Attachments

• has-height.png
    has-height.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Back