What's new
When did you pre-order? Confirmation was sent only to people who managed to get on the batch 1 list.

Home Arcade System - new supergun sets
Is that the confirmation email from Jun 15th, that we had to reply yes or no?
sir,try it and see what Mike will reply you on your email...or maybe your turn has gone since you didn't give any sign from 1 month ago since today.
Oh, that's not the issue. I replied immediately lol. Just wanted to make sure I was on the same page with what I've read in the thread since the email was sent.
When did you pre-order? Confirmation was sent only to people who managed to get on the batch 1 list.

Home Arcade System - new supergun sets
Is that the confirmation email from Jun 15th, that we had to reply yes or no?
Yes, it's the one from June.
Awesome! Thanks for the peace of mind.

Does anybody know if any of the recommended power supplies are available in the USA?

The FAQ lists the following:
– Mean Well MWP-606
– Prima Power 42PP0606 (can be bought directly from SUZO HAPP, at least in Europe)
– Mean Well RT-65A (only 65W, so double check if it’s enough for your games)
I'm a completely newbie regarding arcade PCBs and SuperGuns.

I've pre-ordered the new HAS and also a Neo Geo MV-1C. My goal is connect the MV-1C to the HAS and also my MAME cabinet (I think a custom controls -> Jamma female adapter?).

Anyways, I'd also like to purchase other arcade PCBs (CPS2, TMNT, etc).

Can somebody recommend a good PSU that will be compatible with everything I'd want?

Also, are there any guides to purchasing arcade PCBs and what adapters I might need for the HAS? (i.e. what a kick harness is, why I might need it, etc, etc.)

@sofakng this psu works fine with everything you mentioned: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/123679840929

You’ll need a power cord and if you’re new I’d say just buy one. This probably fits. Worse case you don’t need the spade connectors and you can run the wire directly, but this is nicer.

https://www.parts-express.com/ac-po...tors-18-awg-3c-sjtow-300v-black-6-ft--110-101

Buy the HAS cps1 and cps2 kick connectors, that’s most games. JNX makes a “raiden” adapter you can buy, and that does a good job of converting to a couple other formats, and he can make harnesses too. JNX Raiden - CPS1/CPS2 to Mortal Kombat Adapter

For anything specific you can usually google for an arcade manual and you’ll have to look at pinouts. Or just put “[game name] kick harness” into eBay. Most games don’t need one unless they are fighters or use 3 or 4 players.

Many games are jamma so plug/play with the HAS. Older ones can be converted to jamma, with an adapter board, but it’s easy to just google search for it usually. Don’t buy any of these until you own the game though. Newer games could run on JVS (Sega Naomi and later) and can work with a HAS but just do some research on that when you get your bearings with everything else.

As for buying pcbs, eBay and KLOV are a good place to start. Just search what you want and look at sold listings before buying anything, to get a feel for what the real sale prices are these days.

@RGB can we still update our preorders (the new recent ones)? I’m considering future proofing myself by going for more Capcom kickharnesses and your 3P/4P adapter.

I was able to get in the order for Undamned’s USB encoders, so providing I can also get 2 of your Saturn adapters (my HSS-0130 really needs to be used on a Supergun in addition to the Saturn), I would be able to maximize my options. :)

Thanks so much for all of the information! I've order the PSU and will do some research on everything else that you mentioned.

Does the PSU connect to the HAS and then the HAS provides power to the MVS? (over JAMMA?)
The power cord has green (earth/ground) black and white (AC) which connect to the psu. The psu connects to the HAS with a harness RGB sends with the unit. Then yes the HAS sends power to the board via jamma. Look up the jamma pinout and you’ll see which pins are for which voltage.

The PSU is adjustable as well, and your HAS has a voltmeter on it. Just make sure the meter reads a bit over 5v, like 5.05 when everything is plugged in - HAS and pcb.

Certain boards draw more or less power so you’ll adjust the knob on the psu to raise or lower it. The knob moves backwards to what you’re expecting btw.

Thanks so much everybody.

It looks like my MVS MV-1C will arrive this week so all I need now is the HAS.

Next I need to find out how controller input works. (real arcade controls, and perhaps USB devices? I think I saw something called Undamned USB decoder?)

Anyways, I'll do some searching and see what I can find. I don't expect to be spoon-fed everything :)

If I have any questions I'll post back though. Thanks so much!

@RGB I already have a previous version and am super happy with it. Can I be added to the list for another one.

I'm getting some interference with the tim's nesrgb cable (Diagonal lines) on the mini din. No such interference exists when i use the 15 pin dsub connector which rules out a power supply issue. This is possibly because the mini din cable is not of good quality.

I'm thinking about getting one of the following:-

https://retro-access.com/collections/other/products/8-pin-male-mini-din-to-male-rgb-scart

https://retro-access.com/collection...-stereo-rgb-scart-lead-for-rgb-upgrade-boards

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...-CDi-Colecovision-Intellivision-Panasonic-3DO

Does anyone have any feedback on any of the cables above? Preference?

Thanks

For those on the June/July shipment, is there going to be a confirmation sent? Never got any reply back after I replied YES. Thanks.

Does anybody know if RGB sells a version of the HAS that only converts the video?

I've already pre-ordered the HAS v3 which I'm going to use with an OSSC and LCD TV, but I need a more basic Supergun to convert JAMMA RGB to VGA (DB15) RGB. I'd like to order two HAS but I don't need the controller ports, etc.

@invzim is working on a scaler that will convert 15khz RGB into 31khz VGA.

No HAS contains this functionality, and I highly doubt @RGB will add such a feature in the future.
It would be a waste of money for people who still use CRT, so encoders will always be additional/optional equipment.

I saw Smokemonster mention in a video that the Taito F3 requires a special adapter of some sorts for the HAS? Is this accurate still or am I misunderstood?

I saw Smokemonster mention in a video that the Taito F3 requires a special adapter of some sorts for the HAS? Is this accurate still or am I misunderstood?
I believe it’s just with using the ossc, it has a weird sync issue with it as far as I know. I might be wrong, I don’t have a HAS, but I’ve been on the list since December so hopefully I’ll hear something soon but still never received this rounds email.

Back