What's new
@ZoomBoy Incorrect... The HAS and F3 are fine together, its the combo of HAS+F3+OSSC that's an issue.
You need to set the HAS to unbuffered TTL sync, connect the HAS to the OSSC via HD15 port (VGA) and adjust the pre/post coast values of the menu to lock sync.

Just went to preorder for the next batch and it says preorders are temporarily closed, does that mean I missed out on the October batch?

@RGB can I add the 3P/4P Adapter and more Capcom kickharnesses? I just bought a CPS2 off Yahoo auctions and while the game I got with it doesn’t have more than 2 players, I just want to futureproof myself.

i signed up for one. looking forward to playing cps2, neo geo and maybe others in the future on my pvm

I wanted to pass along something I encounter with my HAS (3.1) as folks might want to check for it.

A couple days ago as a bit of a fluke I noticed the power cables near the power terminal of my HAS were hot, like burn your fingers type of hot. Examining the male side of the power connector there was a little bit of oxidation/corrosion on the pins. Cleaning them with some deoxit and fiber glass pencil fixed the extreme heat issue.

Pardon my ignorance, but do these usually get produced once per quarter? I believe I'm in the latest order group. So is it generally a 3 month wait once the batch opens up? I guess October will be the next batch produced? Sorry, just dying to play my new Konami PCBs :)

Pretty sure RGB/Mike replaced the "hat" design with the simpler 8pin-mini din-2-HD15 adapter.
I've got one extra I could be persuaded to sell... But first tell me why you want it.

I got two, installed/used one
i6K4b03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m trying to get the has into the vga port of my ossc, evidently that handles odd refresh better of some arcade pcbs.

I have several Data East PCBs that run at 54.91hz and frameskip over an ossc using scart Evidently using the VGA in on the ossc solves this, but I’m not sure if there’s any different between using a mini din to vga cable vs getting this hd15 board.

Who told you that? I've never heard that from anyone else ever.
Also what would be the science/reason behind it?

It sounds like BS to me, buy honestly I wouldn't know... Kinda makes me wish I had a Data East PCB... Hmmm on 2nd thought... Na. ;)
but I’m not sure if there’s any different between using a mini din to vga cable vs getting this hd15 board.
Zero difference, they are wired the same.

Are you sure you are setting the HAS to 75ohm sync (not TTL) and disabling all sync processing (you don't want to use buffered or regenerated here).
The OSSC just can't skip frames, it has no buffer, it pushes out everything you feed it soon as its fed... I just don't believe any of this is true.

What display are you using? 54hz is very low and most LCD TVs won't accept that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several Data East PCBs that run at 54.91hz and frameskip over an ossc using scart Evidently using the VGA in on the ossc solves this, but I’m not sure if there’s any different between using a mini din to vga cable vs getting this hd15 board.
Can you list the games? If I have them I’d like to test myself.

What I’ve had issues with:

RoboCop
Captain America and the Avengers
Karnov
Sly Spy

I’ve been discussing with Coury from MLIG, he was having similar issues with the OSSC scart input and it cleared up switching to the VGA in.

I don’t doubt you, the only one I have is Avengers, and I don’t recall any issues with it.

I can retest again to help, but probably not for a month or three.

What is the sync set to? What monitor are you using?

Remember IF using the SCART port you must set sync to 75ohm and I highly recommend disabling any/all sync processing.

I’ll double check this weekend when I get home.

I bet the vga is bypassing sync processing and that’s my issue. God I should have asked here initially.

I have a 14L2 that’s perfect and the ossc is going into a TCL 42s605 that accepts everything the ossc sends out.

I bet the vga is bypassing sync processing and that’s my issue
Yea this sounds much more reasonable, and we do know for a fact that using the HD15 port disables the OSSCs low pass filter... So yea seems probable.

Sorry but I just can't resist... As much as I enjoy MLiG (and I do) Cory isn't the sharpest tool in the shed (and I'm trying to put this politely/nicely as possible).
He is a gamer, not a tech.

I will try robocop tonight.

It's not the LPF that makes a difference here, it's the sync level. The VGA port allows one to safely feed TTL sync into the OSSC, whereas the scart input is limited to 1V max.

DO NOT DO THIS - if you feed TTL sync from a Taito F3 into the OSSCs scart input it will work perfectly. You can't actually do it this way however as it will damage the OSSC as it's not designed to accept TTL level sync into its scart input.

Back