What's new
Anyone used one of these cables to adapt the HAS to SCART? https://www.ebay.com/itm/372767506445
That cable is wired backwards from what you need for the HAS. The SCART side is the input and the mini din 8 is the output.
Makes sense, thanks. Anyone got a link/source for the opposite (xrgb input, scart female or male output)?
https://retro-access.com/collections/other/products/8-pin-male-mini-din-to-male-rgb-scart

Anyone used one of these cables to adapt the HAS to SCART? https://www.ebay.com/itm/372767506445
That cable is wired backwards from what you need for the HAS. The SCART side is the input and the mini din 8 is the output.
Makes sense, thanks. Anyone got a link/source for the opposite (xrgb input, scart female or male output)?
https://retro-access.com/collections/other/products/8-pin-male-mini-din-to-male-rgb-scart
Thanks so much!

Received my HAS today. Everything looks good upon initial inspection. Shipping was remarkably fast. Thanks so much!

How does the 3P/4P pcb mount on to the HAS? are there screws or something to hold it together?

Nevermind, I looked at the manual.

Got mine today. Everything is perfect. Terminal cover fits perfectly on the mwp606, everything connects and goes together very well. My HD Retrovision component cable provides an absolutely stunning picture on my 32” Sony trinitron. It’s seriously insane. Giving my cps2 and cps3 5.035V tested from the jamma edge using a fluke multimeter. Voltage readout reads 5.04v. Very happy to finally have this.

Thank you RGB!

Got mine today. Everything is perfect. Terminal cover fits perfectly on the mwp606, everything connects and goes together very well. My HD Retrovision component cable provides an absolutely stunning picture on my 32” Sony trinitron. It’s seriously insane. Giving my cps2 and cps3 5.035V tested from the jamma edge using a fluke multimeter. Voltage readout reads 5.04v. Very happy to finally have this.

Thank you RGB!
What is the terminal cover you are refering to? I have same psu and would need a one too.

Thank you RGB!
What is the terminal cover you are refering to? I have same psu and would need a one too.
RGB provided a 3D printed piece to fit over the screw terminals for this batch of the HAS.

Tip: if you’re going to add forks to your power cable wires, don’t make your insulation too thick. In my case, I initially wrapped too much electrical tape and the terminal cover wouldn’t slide over them

Attachments

• 267F24E4-09BC-4FD6-AB7B-F1493DE67C4E.jpeg
    267F24E4-09BC-4FD6-AB7B-F1493DE67C4E.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
So maybe an oversight on my part, is there component video support in any capacity, either through custom cables, a HAT or anything like that? I have a means to connect everything but it's nice to have these options when taking these products to various places.

So maybe an oversight on my part, is there component video support in any capacity, either through custom cables, a HAT or anything like that? I have a means to connect everything but it's nice to have these options when taking these products to various places.
I think if you get the output adapter that has the PlayStation style av-out, you could use HD retrovision cables with the PS adapter.

is there component video support in any capacity, either through custom cables, a HAT or anything like that?
It's called a SCART to Component adapter and they've existed for about 20 years now.
If you have need for component, I highly recommend you invest in one (not Playstation hats and HD Retrovision cables).

IMO HAS is perfect just the way it is (8pin mini din RGBs) the only reason why I own a HD15 hat is for the Taito F3 workaround with OSSC...
And that's to solve an issue with the OSSC, again HAS IS perfect just the way its is... Its the OSSC that's flawed.

is there component video support in any capacity, either through custom cables, a HAT or anything like that?
It's called a SCART to Component adapter and they've existed for about 20 years now.If you have need for component, I highly recommend you invest in one (not Playstation hats and HD Retrovision cables).

IMO HAS is perfect just the way it is (8pin mini din RGBs) the only reason why I own a HD15 hat is for the Taito F3 workaround with OSSC...
And that's to solve an issue with the OSSC, again HAS IS perfect just the way its is... Its the OSSC that's flawed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/comments/52efqo/hd_retrovision_cable_vs_scart_to_component/

https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogamin..._scart_to_component_converter_vs_retrovision/

I would do some googling an research before you make your decision.

They are essentially doing the same thing, one could argue that the HDRetrovision cables are a more clean set up. Apparently the scart converters use a power cable, and may require opening up and adjusting pots to get the colors correct.

I have heard mixed things about the common amazon converters, so you may consider a shiny bow or something more community approved.

I like the HDRetrovision cables because I know they are good quality, well shielded, the creators spent a lot of time making sure the colors were correct, they have a 3.5mm aux input to get stereo sound (The HAS also has this), and they have a brightness switch on the cable which works great from console to console. I assume it’s some kind of resistor.

I also exclusively use a consumer CRT, which is where I think these cables really stand out as the best. For other set ups, rgb scart and having the option to put on the converter might be better.

So if I were to use HD retrovision cables, I would need the PS2 RGB HAT? Thanks for all the help. Appreciate the community immensely.

Anybody know if the HAS does dual output? Like I have the HD-15 adapter plug in. Can I use the 8 pin mini din along with the HD-15 adapter going to a monitor?

Thx guys
Kelly

Anybody know if the HAS does dual output? Like I have the HD-15 adapter plug in. Can I use the 8 pin mini din along with the HD-15 adapter going to a monitor?
No, it's not designed for dual output. It will probably work, but you're doing this at your own risk.

edit: I should add that I meant dual output *at the same time*. You can use either the 8pin mini din or the HD-15 output, but only one can be connected to a monitor.

Last edited:
Back