What's new
Has anyone here screwed their UD USB decoders into the HAS supergun? Wondering what size you used (the manual says DSUB screw locks with 10-11mm screw length but that's for the Saturn adapters - is it the same for the UD-USBs?)
I've used 4-40 jackscrews to screw in the
ud-usb. If you are needing some ask @opt2not he might have some left. Hope that helps you

Is there a waiting list for the waiting list? A mailing list I could subscribe to with an alert for when the next pre-order opens up?

Finally got my cable from Retro Access ( https://retro-access.com/collection...gb-cable-lead-for-nes-rgb?variant=47694594323 ) but I'm having issues.
I'm getting a wavy, red screen with all the PCB's I test. (photo attached)
I've tried on multiple LCD TV's and computer monitors. All switches on the HAS are on the default as the manual suggests.
I'm using a cheap SCART/HDMI converter which is confirmed working when I plug my Genesis into it, as my OSSC has been shipping for 5 weeks now from China.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• HAS.jpg
    HAS.jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Finally got my cable from Retro Access ( https://retro-access.com/collection...gb-cable-lead-for-nes-rgb?variant=47694594323 ) but I'm having issues.
I'm getting a wavy, red screen with all the PCB's I test. (photo attached)
I've tried on multiple LCD TV's and computer monitors. All switches on the HAS are on the default as the manual suggests.
I'm using a cheap SCART/HDMI converter, as my OSSC has been shipping for 5 weeks now from China, which is confirmed working when I plug my Genesis into it.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Is that the actual cable you bought from retro-access? It is the wrong one. You want Euro SCART not JP-21.

https://retro-access.com/collections/other/products/8-pin-male-mini-din-to-male-rgb-scart

Edit: Using a JP-21 cable with your SCART/HDMI converter could quickly damage your HAS or the converter. Stop experimenting until you get the correct cable.

Is that the actual cable you bought from retro-access? It is the wrong one. You want Euro SCART not JP-21.

retro-access.com/collections/o…ini-din-to-male-rgb-scart

Edit: Using a JP-21 cable with your SCART/HDMI converter could quickly damage your HAS or the converter. Stop experimenting until you get the correct cable.
Ugghhh!
That is the cable I'm using. After searching many forums for the correct cable to buy, that is the one I was told would work.
It was a pain to finally be able to purchase it now it'll take a lot longer to get the other one.
Is it possible to open the connector & change pins?

Yep, Jap21 is the wrong cable. As soon as I saw all that red on screen I figured you made that mistake.

Grab a euro cable and don't power it on until you do.

Basically exactly what Goat said :)

If you happen to have a spare retro-access cable I'd definitely be interested. Don't really wanna mess with the etim one.
It’s an etim but I can assemble it if you want.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I'm looking into buying a House of the Dead kit (SEGA Model 2C) and I'm wondering how to go about hooking this up to the HAS etc.

edit: Upon days of research I think I know how I need to go about this now. Disregard :)

Last edited:
would like to purchase one of these. Posting this to subscribe to the thread.

Back